No announcement yet.

Chris Pine Says Star Trek is Going to be Sexed Up for a New Generation of Fans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chris Pine Says Star Trek is Going to be Sexed Up for a New Generation of Fans

E! Online posted a brief interview with Star Trek star Chris Pine, the new Kirk, in which he talks about some of the scenes from the movie's new trailer. Here are few excerpts of the article. (beware of minor spoilers)

Pine revealed he has a love scene with actress Rachel Nichols, who plays an Orion, in one of the movie's two love scenes.

Pine also said that the much buzzed about scene in which Zoe Saldana takes her top off will get a lot of attention. "It'll become famous," Pine said of the striptease.

"It's trying to be sexed up for a new generation that really isn't used to seeing Star Trek," he added. "It's a whole new beast."

http://trekweb.com/articles/2008/11/...Fansnbsp.shtml

'A whole new breast'?
    OH! 'Beast'!
    Yeah, we already know the movie will scare us.
    sigpic
    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Eew.

Comment

Oh, (pause) joy...

Comment

Sounds very much like the intention for SG-U

If we wanted to watched sexed up pilge we would watch hollyoaks and the like...
          A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

it shouldn't be too bad as long as it has at least something to do with the plot......which it probably won't but one can still help.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Carpenter View Post
              Sounds very much like the intention for SG-U

If we wanted to watched sexed up pilge we would watch hollyoaks and the like...
              What?
              Where have you heard this information from?

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                What?
                Exactly! How about not taking a shot at Universe in a Star Trek thread.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I guess Kirk is going to go places where a lot of other dudes have gone before. Giggity giggity.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Exactly! How about not taking a shot at Universe in a Star Trek thread.
                    Whoa there. It certainly is a valid fear.

But you do have a point all the same. Sort of like an indirect way of attacking someone. Oh well.

On this whole thing though. I don't know, I guess it sells, as long as they do not go overboard.

The moral of the story is: I am being rather neutral about the movie until I see it.

Comment

I think I'm one of the few people looking forward to the movie.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                      Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Originally posted by jonos101 View Post
                        I think I'm one of the few people looking forward to the movie.
                        I am. And I am not.

Comment

So it'll be sexed-up... so what? That's more realistic anyway; these people are in the middle of nowhere, always facing death. Sexual release is a natural escape from that sort of thing, and affairs are extremely common in soldiers stationed overseas for long periods of time.

Plus, it'll bring in more fans to the series. And that's good, not bad. This is the 21st century guys, promiscuity isn't going anywhere.
                          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

What?
                              The casting descriptions was enough..... but thats getting Off topic

The moral of the story is: I am being rather neutral about the movie until I see it.
                              I've gone from a neutral view point to a I'm going watch it with low expectations and probably still complain viewpoint in a week

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              So it'll be sexed-up... so what? That's more realistic anyway; these people are in the middle of nowhere, always facing death. Sexual release is a natural escape from that sort of thing, and affairs are extremely common in soldiers stationed overseas for long periods of time.

Plus, it'll bring in more fans to the series. And that's good, not bad. This is the 21st century guys, promiscuity isn't going anywhere.

but it depends where the focus is.... if its just a soap on a spaceship... it may as well be hollyoaks for all I care.... if its an minor aside point in an episode then fine (as long as its written to be non cringe inducing)
                              A word of advice... there are creatures that live between this dimension and the next, fiendish creatures that feast on the suffering of an entire world to satiate their eternal hunger. Support the Gateworld Cantina or suffer the fate of all who fall into the clutches of the 'Eladrith Ynneas'

Comment

Working...
                              X