X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Atlantis / Sanctuary - SciFi.com: SciFi Channel Goes Green + Video

At SciFi.com:

http://www.scifi.com/green/

In a generation, someone might ask what finally inspired you to join the effort to reverse global warming. What will you say? Was it a politician's speech or pressure on your lifestyle? Or maybe it was an entertainment company pushing a simple idea: Saving the planet starts with you. How can you help? It's simple - green your routine.

By taking the time today to adopt one or more green routines, you can positively change the way you affect the environment.

SciFi Channel Goes Green

Fight global warming on Stargate Atlantis and the SCI FI Original Movie, Lost City Raiders, drive an electric car on our new reality series, Cha$e, use an energy efficient washing machine on Ghost Hunters, and go green (and green screen) with our action-packed, eco-friendly show, Sanctuary.

Amanda Tapping Video Public Service Announcement

Amanda Tapping

Green Is Universal

Watch the "Green is Universal" PSA by Amanda Tapping. Go to www.greenisuniversal.com for more information

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Please! don't ruin my Sci-fi with Green political correctness BS! Stay with Sci-fi! Don't tell us about going green while you (whoever does this 'do-as-I-say-not-as I do') jet around the world with a bigger carbon footprint in one week than I will make in my lifetime. I these people try take up some cause like Global Warmaing, which is a huge hoax, because they start getting too full of themsleves and forget we like them because of their acting and not their political BS!

I hope others that don't want this political BS speak up and, tell them to shut the hell up, and stick with the Sci-Fi.
    My Story:
    http://www.veteranstoday.com/2010/10...%80%99s-story/

Comment

What's wrong with trying to make a difference in the way we treat this planet ,whoever carries the "green is good" message ?

Try to cool off a bit.The Earth's resources are not going to last for much longer if we all keep squandering them.

Meh.You have your opinions and I have mine.
      *Shrug*

Thanks ,Morjana for the links.
      The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Global Warming has ceased to be an environmental issue and has become more of a pop culture thing. It invading Sci-Fi was inevitable.

But maybe if we keep our fingers crossed and get really, really, really lucky it will go back to the Discovery Channel where it belongs.
        I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

No, maybe if we keep our fingers crossed and get really, really, REALLY lucky the world will wake up and realize that there's no such thing as global warming, as the Mythbusters would say, its all a myth!
          That is just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post
            Please! don't ruin my Sci-fi with Green political correctness BS! Stay with Sci-fi! Don't tell us about going green while you (whoever does this 'do-as-I-say-not-as I do') jet around the world with a bigger carbon footprint in one week than I will make in my lifetime. I these people try take up some cause like Global Warmaing, which is a huge hoax, because they start getting too full of themsleves and forget we like them because of their acting and not their political BS!

I hope others that don't want this political BS speak up and, tell them to shut the hell up, and stick with the Sci-Fi.
            Originally posted by Browncoat1984 View Post
            No, maybe if we keep our fingers crossed and get really, really, REALLY lucky the world will wake up and realize that there's no such thing as global warming, as the Mythbusters would say, its all a myth!
            Oh for gods sake. I can't believe there are still people saying this. The vast majority of the world's scientists are in agreement. It's happening, and we are at the very least speeding it up.

I genuinely find it absolutely amazing that there are still people who think it's a hoax and pay no attention to what's actually happening around us. It's unreal. Good for Amanda and others for doing something about it.

If your still so deluded to believe that we are not having any effect at all on the climate, then I suggest you use peakoil as an excuse for supporting newer, greener energy sources. Not that you should even need an excuse.
            Last edited by SGFerrit; 21 November 2008, 02:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
              Oh for gods sake. I can't believe there are still people saying this. The vast majority of the world's scientists are in agreement. It's happening, and we are at the very least speeding it up.

I genuinely find it absolutely amazing that there are still people who think it's a hoax and pay no attention to what's actually happening around us. It's unreal. Good for Amanda and others for doing something about it.

If your still so deluded to believe that we are not having any effect at all on the climate, then I suggest you use peakoil as an excuse for supporting newer, greener energy sources. Not that you should even need an excuse.
              SGFerrit, did you see Ann Curry's report on her trek up Africa's Mt. Kilimanjaro this week? 84% of the glaciers have disappeared over the last 100 years, all the rivers are 2/3 their normal size, the wells are running dry, the rainy seasons are shortening.

There's a video report at this link.

Very compelling report.

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by retiredat44 View Post

Yes, of course it is. The governments of nations all around the world are spending billions to help prevent a phenomena that doesn't really exist.

[/sarcasm]

Comment

Originally posted by morjana View Post
                  SGFerrit, did you see Ann Curry's report on her trek up Africa's Mt. Kilimanjaro this week? 84% of the glaciers have disappeared over the last 100 years, all the rivers are 2/3 their normal size, the wells are running dry, the rainy seasons are shortening.

There's a video report at this link.

Very compelling report.
                  I don't seem to be able to watch it

Comment

Do u recommand it??
                    “We could be a team. You could be my sidekick.”
                    “Sidekick?”
                    “Yeah, it’d be like Batman and Ronon. Has a nice ring to it.”
                    “Yeah, you keep eating like that it’s going to be more like fatman.”

Comment

Originally posted by Jaffa-master View Post
                      Do u recommand it??
                      The Amanda PSA video? But of course, mon ami!

Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

Working...
                      X