X-Men:First Class News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X-Men:First Class News/Discussion/Speculation

Back in May, Josh Schwartz, the creator of Gossip Girl and The O.C. made it slip that he was writing a new X-MEN movie based on the younger and lesser known characters of Professor Xavier’s institute and although 20th Century Fox refused for months to confirm it, the story has finally been confirmed by Variety today.

Schwartz is writing X-MEN: FIRST CLASS which will center on the likes of Iceman, Rogue, Angel, Colossus, Jubilee and Shadowcat. Basically, it will be like X-MEN: THE ACADEMY and is likely to involve the kind of youth relationship issues found in every episode of Schwartz’s cannon.

The movie will probably feature cameo’s from bigger characters new and old to boost up the box office trailer. Although Schwartz has some directing experience for t.v., he has declined the offer to helm himself.

Laura Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg are producing and if the early word on X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE is anything to go by, they will keep a very close eye on this project to fit their requirements.

The movie is the third X-MEN movie in production right now with X-MEN ORIGINS: WOLVERINE set to open in May. Post-that 20th Century Fox are developing X-MEN ORIGINS: MAGNETO (but seem to be waiting to see how a WOLVERINE-solo movie performs) and are hopeful for both a DEADPOOL spin-off (starring Ryan Reynolds who appears in character in WOLVERINE) and an X-MEN 4.

http://www.obsessedwithfilm.com/

Is anyone else scared that it's written by the guy who made Gossip Girl and The O.C.?

Comment

It's got Shadowcat in it, that makes it good enough for me

Comment

I just hope they can sign the orignial actor again to play the parts. anyway i like the oc an gossip girl

Comment

More X-Men on the way? For now, that makes me smile.
          sigpic
          MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
          "...phu...ah..."
          "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
          Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Angel... I hope they make him into Archangel. That reeks of teen angst right there.
            Good news. I'd enjoy that far more than... ugh... a Wolverine movie, Deadpool notwithstanding.
            sigpic
            More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Schwartz Says He Won't Direct X-Men: First Class

X-Men: First Class, one of many X-Men sequels hinging on X-Men Origins: Wolverine's success, will be written by Gossip Girl/Chuck producer/writer Josh Schwartz, but he won't direct.

"I would be terrified to have the first thing I direct be a giant franchise movie," Schwartz told MTV at New York's Comic-Con, adding that there was no truth to him turning down the directing job.

As for the movie's plot Schwartz said: "I'm not really allowed to say anything. They're watching me as we speak. It's exciting, it's a huge honor and we're just getting started."

http://comicbookmovie.com/x-men_movi...s/news/?a=6251

Comment

I really can't wait to hear a bit more about this film.
                sigpic
                "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm just hoping there's no "overload" with X-Men movies. It's what happened to me regarding the comics. Too much to keep track of.
                  Orphan Black: Join the Clone Club Dance Party!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                    Is anyone else scared that it's written by the guy who made Gossip Girl and The O.C.?
                    Exactly why I have no hope for this version. We don't need more teen age junk.
                    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
                      Exactly why I have no hope for this version. We don't need more teen age junk.
                      He's also the guy behind "chuck". Anyway i dont have a problem with him at all, i personally like his shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                        He's also the guy behind "chuck". Anyway i dont have a problem with him at all, i personally like his shows.
                        3 strikes and he's out!!
                        sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Donner Hoping for X-Men: First Class Franchise

"X-Men" franchise producer Lauren Shuler Donner talked about possible spin-off X-Men: First Class on Fox Movie Channel's "Life after Film School."

"It is the first class of Xavier's school, way back when, so it's young Scott, young Jean, young Beast and that'll be really fun," Donner said. "I think (the plan) is to follow some of the characters into their own stories, and weave them back into the X-Men world.

"And hopefully 'First Class' will become its own franchise and we can follow them as they grow up."

She also said that a Magneto movie remains in development.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8247

Comment

SGU looks a lot like the O.C. I think we can handle this new Xmen.
                            I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                            Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by Madwelshboy View Post
                              Donner Hoping for X-Men: First Class Franchise

"X-Men" franchise producer Lauren Shuler Donner talked about possible spin-off X-Men: First Class on Fox Movie Channel's "Life after Film School."

"It is the first class of Xavier's school, way back when, so it's young Scott, young Jean, young Beast and that'll be really fun," Donner said. "I think (the plan) is to follow some of the characters into their own stories, and weave them back into the X-Men world.

"And hopefully 'First Class' will become its own franchise and we can follow them as they grow up."

She also said that a Magneto movie remains in development.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=8247
                              Wow, looks like they hope to keep these films coming. I just hope their quality remains high.
                              sigpic
                              "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Working...
                              X