This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Simm hints at 'Doctor Who' return

John Simm has revealed that he wants to reprise his role as The Master in Doctor Who, despite being unhappy about previous repercussions of the part.

Speaking to the Daily Record, Simm explained that he "never realised what impact playing The Master was going to have on my seven-year-old son, Ryan. I'd take him to school in the morning and I'd feel like the Pied Piper with this huge gaggle of kids around me in playground... he was a bit freaked out by all the attention and I'm sorry it happened that way."

Simm, who portrayed The Doctor's arch-nemesis in three consecutive second season episodes in 2007, was quick to add that the experience hasn't affected his desire to appear on the show again. "I'm not, by the way, ruling out a return to Doctor Who in the future," he explained. "It's too exciting a show to be a part of for me to do that."

I feel sorry for the poor man but oooooh I would LOVE to see him return as the Master, though I wonder how.....but I leave that up to Stephen Moffat
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

Comment

I hope the writers find a way for him to return. I enjoyed his time on Who.
      "Trust me. I'm a psychopath." Jekyll

"And I thought the end of the world couldn't get any worse" Ianto-Torchwood

Comment

Spoiler:
        The Master + DoctorDonna = Trouble for the Doctor
        sigpic
        More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by nx01a View Post
          Spoiler:
          The Master + DoctorDonna = Trouble for the Doctor
          You know what.....THAT would be cool.

Spoiler:
          I really wouldn't mind for Donna to return as a villain who has lost her marbles and might also bears a grudge because the doctor surpressed her memories.
          He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
          He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
          And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
            Spoiler:
            I really wouldn't mind for Donna to return as a villain who has lost her marbles and might also bears a grudge because the doctor surpressed her memories.
            Oooh. Awesome idea

If the Master returns, he should have that "rubbish beard" (as described by the Fifth Doctor). The Master isn't the same without it!
            sigpic
            Don't touch Lola

Comment

I wouldn't mind Simm returning to Doctor Who; I also like the idea of the beard. Though, I think it should be a removable one that turns into a bit of an inside-ish joke or something. XD
              Are you my mummy?

Comment

Maybe The Master and Doctor-Donna can make a TARDIS and have the Master being responsible for her memory returning. That TARDIS would also have a life support room for the Doctor-Donna. I know it probably won't happen, but I feel that a time lord like The Master needs a TARDIS.
                http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/..._DanielSig.jpg

Comment

It would be interesting to see another Time Lords Tardis. Are they all standard or does the interior reflect the personality of it's TL?
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, actually that is a really good question that Russel T. Davies/Steven Moffat never answered in the episodes "Utopia" & "The Sound Of Drums". The Master originally did have a TARDIS. So i'm interested into knowing what on Earth ever happened to his TARDIS in the series. I mean the would of had to been a way for the Master to travel to the year 500 trillion, end of the universe and a way for him to supress his Timelord memories like The Doctor once did. Although in the TV Movie back in 1996, it suggested that The Master's TARDIS was destroyed when The Master had his 13th regeneration and turned into anti-matter. Perhaps that Russell T. Davies/Steven Moffat honoured the old series and kept the idea of The Master's TARDIS being destroyed from the Classic Series and brought it to the New Series. I mean they kept the Daleks in the New Series and revived the old legacy of the Cybermen but changed them a bit..

Comment

I would love to see him return, and not be immediately killed off as usual with the main doctor who baddies.... He is a fantastic actor, and his master was soooooooooooooo good....
                      I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Working...
                      X