Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Abyss (809)

Continuing the episode threads...

Brainiac begins removing Chloe’s (Allison Mack) memories one by one until the only person she remembers is Davis (Sam Witwer).

Clark (Tom Welling) realizes the only way to stop Brainiac from taking over Chloe’s mind is to rebuild the Fortress and ask Jor-El to heal her.

Last edited by Ronja; 14 November 2008, 06:08 AM.

*goes nuts*

No no no! I cannot believe Clark did that!!! Chloe knowing about him was the best thing that ever happend to the show!

And I cant find anything in the spoilers for upcoming eps either... please someone tell me this is just a temp thing and that she will get mer memories back!

Comment

I'm still iffy on this but I think it will be for the better, he just needs to let Oliver and the others know so they they dont get werided out by it. I think it will work out great just give it sometime.

Comment

Originally posted by suqata View Post
        I'm still iffy on this but I think it will be for the better, he just needs to let Oliver and the others know so they they dont get werided out by it. I think it will work out great just give it sometime.
        To me Chloe and Clark and their friendship is the whole foundation of the show so I don't know... if she really doesn't find out it won't be the same... I'm just gonna keep my hopes up that she will get her memories back, by herself, or by Clark realizing what a idiot mistake he did and fix it.

I don't even care that Davis kissed Chloe! Which I guess had most people either going yay or argh ew!
        Last edited by Ronja; 14 November 2008, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronja View Post
          To me Chloe and Clark and their friendship is the whole foundation of the show so I don't know...
          meh, IMO the best Smallville seasons were the 1st four - which just happened to be the ones where Chloe didn't know about Clark

besides remember that Clark never really trusted Chloe (she is an annoyingly inquisitive little brat after all) - unlike Pete, she found his secret by herself
          basically she never "earned" the right to know

so in a way things are basically back to normal now

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
            meh, IMO the best Smallville seasons were the 1st four - which just happened to be the ones where Chloe didn't know about Clark

besides remember that Clark never really trusted Chloe (she is an annoyingly inquisitive little brat after all) - unlike Pete, she found his secret by herself
            basically she never "earned" the right to know

so in a way things are basically back to normal now
            Totally disagree

The best seasons were after she found out, and it's only getting better and better which every passing season.

He didn't wanna tell Pete either, he found the spaceship remember? Clark doesn't deliberately tell anyone, well except Lana, but she already knew anyway so... and he was never sorry Chloe found out. Everything was so much easier after she did.

And u calling Chloe an "annoyingly inquisitive little brat" makes me think you havent seen the later season at all Not that she ever was that of course, but she was maybe to curious for her own good in the very early seasons. Chloe is just so freakin awesome now And it won't be the same without the Chloe & Clark team.
            Last edited by Ronja; 14 November 2008, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Totally disagree

The best seasons were after she found out,
              well they could've been so if not for the plethora of inconsistencies & plot holes that plagued the series from thereon. I know it's supposed to be [loosely] based off the DC comics, but it's still a TV series & the writers shoudn't be granted the same latitude as comics writers :/

He didn't wanna tell Pete either, he found the spaceship remember?
              yeah Pete found the ship but he wasn't the only one of Clark's friends who was confronted with "unusual" phenomena. similar weird stuff happened to Chloe, Lana & others. this is Smallville, remember ? a sci-fi version of Sunnydale. not the run-of-the-mill village

the fact is he willingly told Pete about his secret & and the only other [ordinary] human to whom he did so - much later - was Lana. and even then he regretted it afterward (yet another inconsistency in this ep btw - he saved his g/f so Destiny killed his dad when he cheated it ? ok "cosmic balance" why not, but how many times before had he cheated death by saving his friends using his krypto-powers without him losing anyone else close to him ? plenty of times)

And u calling Chloe an "annoyingly inquisitive little brat" makes me think you havent seen the later season at all Not that she ever was that of course, but she was maybe to curious for her own good in the very early seasons. Chloe is just so freakin awesome now And it won't be the same without the Chloe & Clark team.
              ok my bad, I should've said "was" annoying. in fact I hated her before s5 (she has improved since then. but it took a forbidden secret for that to happen). now it's Jimmy who's taken over the "brat role" ^__^

Comment

well they could've been so if not for the plethora of inconsistencies & plot holes that plagued the series from thereon. I know it's supposed to be [loosely] based off the DC comics, but it's still a TV series & the writers shoudn't be granted the same latitude as comics writers :/
                True I'm not denying there are a lot of inconsistencies and plotholes, more than I would like (but at least it's not Lost!! ) But I actually think they've gotten better, not worse.

yeah Pete found the ship but he wasn't the only one of Clark's friends who was confronted with "unusual" phenomena. similar weird stuff happened to Chloe, Lana & others. this is Smallville, remember ? a sci-fi version of Sunnydale. not the run-of-the-mill village

the fact is he willingly told Pete about his secret & and the only other [ordinary] human to whom he did so - much later - was Lana. and even then he regretted it afterward (yet another inconsistency in this ep btw - he saved his g/f so Destiny killed his dad when he cheated it ? ok "cosmic balance" why not, but how many times before had he cheated death by saving his friends using his krypto-powers without him losing anyone else close to him ? plenty of times)
                Ah but he had to tell Pete because he was gonna go to the authorities and tell them about the ship. So he really didn't have many options there. But I do agree with you about Lana, she really shud have found out in that ep, without dying, I didn't like that, I thought it was too cliché, cos like u said, he's cheated death before.

ok my bad, I should've said "was" annoying. in fact I hated her before s5 (she has improved since then. but it took a forbidden secret for that to happen). now it's Jimmy who's taken over the "brat role" ^__^
                Well Jimmy is slowely ... but surely... growing on me. Especially after the last 2 eps. He is finally getting something to do now.

Comment

True I'm not denying there are a lot of inconsistencies and plotholes, more than I would like (but at least it's not Lost!! ) But I actually think they've gotten better, not worse.
                  well slight improvement in s8, perhaps

of course I'd still like to know how Lex could possibly have survived being crushed by tons of ice, assuming he's still alive (another plot-driven miraculous resurrection ?) or how Clark suddenly wound up in asia

btw how odd that the Martian Manhunter lost his uberpowers for the sun when he previously had no problems with it (ie. when he dragged Bizarro into the sunlight to depower him in s7)

anyway I still miss the oldies

Ah but he had to tell Pete because he was gonna go to the authorities and tell them about the ship. So he really didn't have many options there.
                  sure he did. he could've hidden the ship elsewhere. with his superstrength & superspeed he could've carried it anywhere on Earth before Pete even had time to rev the engine
                  who was gonna believe Pete then ? lol

edit> in a way you're right, Clark had no choice - but only because he wanted to save his friendship with Pete. he told Pete about his secret only because he valued their friendship more than his secret. in other words he trusted him

Well Jimmi is slowely ... but surely... growing on me. Especially after the last 2 eps.
                  yeah well I still preferred him as Iceman ^__^
                  Last edited by SoulReaver; 14 November 2008, 01:29 PM.

Comment

well slight improvement in s8, perhaps

of course I'd still like to know how Lex could possibly have survived being crushed by tons of ice, assuming he's still alive (another plot-driven miraculous resurrection ?) or how Clark suddenly wound up in asia

btw how odd that the Martian Manhunter lost his uberpowers for the sun when he previously had no problems with it (ie. when he dragged Bizarro into the sunlight to depower him in s7)

anyway I still miss the oldies
                    I'm kind of pretending "Arctic" didn't happen... I'm blaming it totally on the writers strike and all the cast changes. Usually finales/openers are awesome! Altho they did say explain that Clark got picked up by a fishing boat... the same that later held him prisoner in Russia.

Yeah plotholes are the best aren't they?

Don't miss them at all. It's a much more mature show now, the actors are better, the stories are better, and everything is evolving just as it shud. Now all we need is Clark to fly. Properly

sure he did. he could've hidden the ship elsewhere. with his superstrength & superspeed he could've carried it anywhere on Earth before Pete even had time to rev the engine
                    who was gonna believe Pete then ? lol

edit> in a way you're right, Clark had no choice - but only because he wanted to save his friendship with Pete. he told Pete about his secret only because he valued their friendship more than his secret. in other words he trusted him
                    Yeah sure he could have. But if Pete hadn't found the ship I don't think he would have told him. Eventually sure. And it's not really a trust thing I think, it's more a protection thing, as we so well learned in Abyss *sigh* dammit Clark!

Anyway this thread is about Abyss...

Comment

Usually finales/openers are awesome!
                      unfortunately that wasn't the case for s7 either (be it premiere or finale :/ )

Don't miss them at all. It's a much more mature show now, the actors are better, the stories are better, and everything is evolving just as it shud. Now all we need is Clark to fly. Properly
                      "better" stories if you leave the inconsistencies aside, maybe -_- there's also 2 of the best actors in the series who are now missing : John Glover & Michael Rosenbaum. those who played Clark's parents weren't bad either in fact they were very good too

as for the one who plays Kara, on the other hand, her acting is only so-so - but I guess many of us (including myself) are willing to overlook this shortcoming on account of her other...qualities

Yeah sure he could have. But if Pete hadn't found the ship I don't think he would have told him. Eventually sure. And it's not really a trust thing I think, it's more a protection thing, as we so well learned in Abyss *sigh* dammit Clark!
                      nevertheless it was still a matter of trust with Pete since he had the choice

as for Chloe, well in a way it is a pity but on the other hand he did bring things back to normal. hopefully she'll get to know his secret again if & when she truly earns it like Pete did (I still miss Pete btw )

Anyway this thread is about Abyss...
                      I just hope they write Brainiac properly this time (as the true superpowered villain he's supposed to be)

Comment

"better" stories if you leave the inconsistencies aside, maybe -_- there's also 2 of the best actors in the series who are now missing : John Glover & Michael Rosenbaum. those who played Clark's parents weren't bad either in fact they were very good too

as for the one who plays Kara, on the other hand, her acting is only so-so - but I guess many of us (including myself) are willing to overlook this shortcoming on account of her other...qualities
                        Bad phrasing sorry, I meant the actors are evolving, getting better. Especially if u look at Toms acting, he's amazing now, before, yeah maybe not so much. Michael was so great! Especially since he's the complete opposite to Lex, hard to imagine when u see him as Lex. And yeah of course John Glover is awesome. I miss him...

Men *shakes head*

nevertheless it was still a matter of trust with Pete since he had the choice

as for Chloe, well in a way it is a pity but on the other hand he did bring things back to normal. hopefully she'll get to know his secret again if & when she truly earns it like Pete did (I still miss Pete btw )
                        Yeah ok true, true.

I didn't like it when it was normal then I did miss Pete a bit, but after seeing him in Hero again, I don't anymore really. He was never my fave character I guess.

I just hope they write Brainiac properly this time (as the true superpowered villain he's supposed to be)
                        Yeah I mean I just love James Marsters, but the constant getting destroyed without actually dying is getting a bit old now eh? So I'm hoping they do something different with his character this time.

Comment

Men *shakes head*
                          what ? I was talking about her intelligence & pleasant voice, obviously

Yeah I mean I just love James Marsters, but the constant getting destroyed without actually dying is getting a bit old now eh? So I'm hoping they do something different with his character this time.
                          actually the constant "getting destroyed [in such a noobish way]" part alone is what p***es me off. I mean bloody hell, he's supposed to have all the full superpowers of an adult kryptonian - and more - without any of the weaknesses. meaning he's by far the most powerful supervillain in the series so far - or at least he's supposed to be. and yet every time they show Clark as being a match for him when you'd expect him to easily toss Clark around like a ragdoll (the way Zod did in s6, and Zod's just a regular kryptonian)

edit>
                          btw if he's such a "brainiac" why didn't he carry some kryptonite with him in case he met up with Clark again ? sure Superman would probably be dead by now but at least credibility would've been preserved somewhat
                          Last edited by SoulReaver; 14 November 2008, 03:12 PM.

Comment

what ? I was talking about her intelligence & pleasant voice, obviously
                            Obviously

actually the constant "getting destroyed [in such a noobish way]" part alone is what p***es me off. I mean bloody hell, he's supposed to have all the full superpowers of an adult kryptonian - and more - without any of the weaknesses. meaning he's by far the most powerful supervillain in the series so far - or at least he's supposed to be. and yet every time they show Clark as being a match for him when you'd expect him to easily toss Clark around like a ragdoll (the way Zod did in s6, and Zod's just a regular kryptonian)

edit>
                            btw if he's such a "brainiac" why didn't he carry some kryptonite with him in case he met up with Clark again ? sure Superman would probably be dead by now but at least credibility would've been preserved somewhat
                            Tell me about it It's so annoying! They writers are extremly uncreative with his character. Especially, like u said, he's smart as hell too! The last time he came back I just thought oh come on! It's better to have him go into hiding or something, if they want him lo leave...

I think u you aswered your own question... cos then we would be Clark-less and that wouldn't be good But yeah no I know exactly what u mean.

I wonder how they will handle Davis now... I mean technically he could just kill Clark in a sec couldn't he?

Comment

Obviously
                              my super-intuition tells me you don't believe me

women *shakes head*

I wonder how they will handle Davis now... I mean technically he could just kill Clark in a sec couldn't he?
                              not really - unless he uses kryptonite but then any ordinary human could also kill Clark swiftly

he only has invulnerability right now (or extreme durability to physical injury at least) but not speed or strength. Clark is still way more powerful

now Clark could fry him with his heat vision thing but Doomsday would resurrect & adapt to that too (actually DC's Doomsday never fully adapts only becomes highly resistant, so if Davis is the same then next time Clark would have to zap him with like 10 times the power he used the 1st time if he wants to kill him again ^_^)

Doomsday has the potential to become far more powerful than Clark - assuming he has no weakness - so I wonder how they'll handle this one
                              hey maybe they'll jst screw up again by "retconning" his power, a bit like they did with Brainiac..

then again I'm not even sure about DC Doomsday's capabilities (haven't read many comics)
                              can he adapt to anything or does his adaptation ability have limits ?
                              also can he be permanently destroyed or not ? (for example if he's literally vapourized say by a superpowerful beam, can he recover from that as well ?)

Comment

Working...
                              X