X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to... Music Video

Hi,

I've been wanting to do a music video for ages now but have no idea where to start. Can you guys give me any help e.g software I should use etc...

Thanks
    Sam....

Well, first you have to get your episodes.

If you want to get them from DVds then you use a DVD ripper and encoder (you'd have to search around. Other people know a bunch.)

I myself use a TV Tuner. I record the episodes from DVDs.

You could also download episode, but we aren't supposed to talk about that around on the forum here, so let's not. I'm just saying it in passing.

If you have Windows, you could just use Windows Movie Maker for editing. Your computer should come with the first movie maker, but if you want the second one, you could just download it from the microsoft website.

Umm... That's basically it.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
    Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by MartoufMarty
      Well, first you have to get your episodes.

If you want to get them from DVds then you use a DVD ripper and encoder (you'd have to search around. Other people know a bunch.)

I myself use a TV Tuner. I record the episodes from DVDs.

You could also download episode, but we aren't supposed to talk about that around on the forum here, so let's not. I'm just saying it in passing.

If you have Windows, you could just use Windows Movie Maker for editing. Your computer should come with the first movie maker, but if you want the second one, you could just download it from the microsoft website.

Umm... That's basically it.
      Thanks... For some reason I thought it would be complicated
      Sam....

Comment

Originally posted by samjack4ever
        Thanks... For some reason I thought it would be complicated

Well it 's complicated samjack4ever

You can also use other movie makers.....(Hollywood movie maker 5 which are better is good and easy to use ..and does not crash ) which are better ...It's quite a long process..You only get quick when you do a few For me I know it by heart but you have to be very patient when you start because you will encounter a few problems when you are new to it ..so remember ...be very patient ..and learn Take time to learn how to use the movie maker .I don't recommand Pinnacle ..not very reliable ..it does not accept the AVI clips very well..and crash a lot ..I know .I have it ..and it's a bugger ....Hollywood movie maker 5 is reliable ( it's the one I use ..if you watch my videos ..they are done with Hollywood movie maker)..never had a problem with it ..the transitions are good and it accept both AVI and MPEG clips ...so it's great.

The tidious bit is the capture the clips and encode them ...it's long and very uninteresting ..but it's got to be done and you have to learn how to use the DVD ripper or the tuner card.

Then you have to learn how to use the movie maker , experiment and try to do something with it ...which is long too. but worth it ...more exciting .

Then you have to produce your movie in mpeg ...

After that ..if you want to share ...your video needs to be compressed into an wmv file...so you have to put all the clips back into a movie timeline and compress.

Then obviuosly you need a webpage and you'll have to upload the file to your webpage ..make the correct link ..check if it works before sharing it ..

it takes quite a long time to do all that if you are new . to it .
        So if you don't mind the long and hard work ...you'll be alright ...and remember ..patience is the key.

Caty

Comment

to get my videos, i get tham from my frends. heres my newes vid that i just made PS 2 vid till me how u like it
          http://sore-thumbs.net/sg1/Linkin%20Park.wmv

Comment

Working...
          X