This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the asgard in the 1994 movie

they should make this canon http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Famrir.
    do you think he could be the leader of the new-evil-pegasus-asgards?

Eew, no.

Comment

You should have really put the 'Pegasus Asgards' part of what you said in spoilers.

However to answer your question I don't think so, I don't think that Famrir was ever mentioned in the show, in fact that whole thing in your link sounds like it was made up by a fan too me.
      I'm sure if I'm wrong then someone will come and post with proof of an episode that was mentioned in, but I don't remember it.

Spoiler:
      The Asgards shown in The Lost Tribe were just regular un-Goaulded ones who went to the Pegasus galaxy to do unsanctioned experiments on Humans.
      Whoever their leader is, if they even have a leader, will probably just be a higher ranking member of their expedition, perhaps the one who orchestrated the whole thing, either that or the whole group that went to Pegasus decided unanimously to do so.
      To me the later is more likely than them having just a single leader, maybe even a separate 'High Council' of Pegasus Asgards.

Comment

woah a second... i didn't know about any of this stuff with an asgard and goa'uld.. Is it all explained in the 1994 movie or explained in the SG-1 Series? and wheres the picture of famrir from? i wanna know so i can watch them parts.

edit: if its real like what Rise of the Phoenix is talking about..

Comment

The info's from an online supplement to an RPG game about Stargate.

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrogue View Post
            woah a second... i didn't know about any of this stuff with an asgard and goa'uld.. Is it all explained in the 1994 movie or explained in the SG-1 Series? and wheres the picture of famrir from? i wanna know so i can watch them parts.

No is not real. The images are screenshot fom the movie.

Regarding this thread, it would have been reeally interesting to have an episode with that theory. To bad it never happened.

Comment

It depends what you mean by real. It's canon in the RPG verse, but it's not part of the series or movie canon.

Comment

I think it is a terrible idea and if they were going to do something with it, they never should have brought in the unas and established them as the host species prior to humans.

Comment

Naturally, when creating the 1994 movie, Dean Devlin didn't have any "Asgard" in mind, since they are an invention of the series (SG-1).

It's a coincidence that Ra looks a bit like an Asgard.
                  I think Devlin meant that the alien entity who posessed the human body was originaly this asgard-looking alien. Because he didn't think of goa'uld either, (for Devlin, there was no "snake" in the brain).

This Famrir fantazy is obviously a reasoned attempt by some fan to link the movie world to the series world. As well as the Tok'ra involvement.

Personnally, I don't see how the Famrir story would contradict Canon, so I accept this explanation. Although I'm not sure about his supposed madness.
                  But I would think that he died, short after Ra left his body. (and he stayed in our galaxy)...

Comment

Well, the only problem I have with this theory is that Ra was killed when the ship exploded and that right before the explosion took place, Ra transformed back into the Asgard look-alike.

I can, however, believe that Ra took an Asgard as host.
                    sigpic
                    ____I reserve the right to be completely wrong about any topic I post on.

Comment

Originally posted by jollyrogue View Post

I never said it was a real 'canon' thing that happened in the series.

Personally I think it's a bit of a silly idea, in fact I wouldn't be surprised if the Asgard manipulated their DNA so that the Goauld couldn't bond with them.

Comment

besides they already explained in the series that ra was the first goauld to discover humans . before that the unas were used as hosts

Comment

The Asgard-host idea seems acceptable, all for it, makes the movie fit in with canon easier.

Wonder what ever happened to Famrir. Now that all the Goa'uld are gone. Did he commit Genocide with the Asgard, or is he now at a zoo, harrassing the keepers about their snake enclosure...

Comment

Its a toughie this one (in regards to an asgard being in the movie and the series) with him glowing and showing the asgard form when he is about to be blown to teeny bits. Hard to explain really, i s'pose the only real way of fitting it is to either ignore it, or beleive that as RA was the basically the overall GOD he had special "powers" but then you are really straying from the oddly believable SCI-FI of stargate and your getting into magic or weird technology which i doubt in my mind.

But this, like alot of stargate, annoys me, its never fully explained or re-visited. We know that for thousands of years the Asgard were clones, downloading and re-uploading the conscious mind of an asgard into a new clone, so this wiki is flawed essentially in that they wouldnt of healed his body, simply given his consious a new body, and with the mind going mad, we know they have the ability to "remove" certain knowledge from the brain (in reference twice to O'Neill Episodes "The Fifth Race" and "New Order Part 2") when O'neill has the knowledge of the Ancients downloaded into his mind, and in both times (and in different ways each time) he has it removed by the Asgard.

So in retrospect, i've ripped appart most of that Wiki's info, and still havnt come to a conclusion of how RA glowed into an Asgard form....nor have i answered the original Question, so i shall now

IF!! he was driven mad, or if he was filled with vengeance, he would not have been part of the expidition to the pegasus galaxy as he would want vengeance on the ga'ould, but in that same light, the Asgard high council would not have allowed him to exact vengeance as the Ga'ould would see this as the treaty being broken and would start attacking worlds under the protection of the Asgard, WWWHHHIIIICCCHHH could have lead to leave the galaxy in order to forget what had happened, but does not explain his "un-compasionate" attitude towards other life forms.

WWWOOOWWWW i'm a nerd

Comment

I'm skeptical about the idea of the Goa'uld being able to take an Asgard as host, but I must admit I'd never considered it. It's difficult to imagine a scenario where this would even be allowed to happen: obviously the Asgard wouldn't be fighting Jaffa hand to hand, and since Asgard shields are superior to those of a Ha'tak, being boarded seems unlikely.

I don't often think about the movie; if anything, it took place in a separate quantum universe.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X