Here's a picture of the Iron Throne
    http://www.makinggameofthrones.com/p...l?cmpid=ABC587
    sigpic
    My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
      HBO released another awesome GoT teaser

The Game Begins
      Very cool, captures the spirit of the series very niceely.

Also found this new UK trailer.

Game of Thrones will air on SKY Atlantic in April, no exact date, but speculation has that it will be around the same week each episode airs in the U.S, so there should be little delay in us getting the episodes in glorious hi definition. And because I have an excuse, here's a trailer for SKY Atlantic, a new channel, free for SKY customers, where SKY have made a deal to show all HBO programming on this channel, including Game of Thrones and Boardwalk Empire, which is essentially HBO UK, something I've wanted for years.
      Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 18 January 2011, 01:35 PM.

Comment

April seems so far away lol, I really can't wait for this to start.
        sigpic

Comment

A new behind the scenes video on the fights

Comment

And just in case anyone was in any doubt about the violence or sexual content of the show, this being a faithful adaptation of the books on HBO, the producers say if the adaptation was released as films they would probably be rejected from an R rating, the content being so strong.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/produ..._article_42031

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
              And just in case anyone was in any doubt about the violence or sexual content of the show, this being a faithful adaptation of the books on HBO, the producers say if the adaptation was released as films they would probably be rejected from an R rating, the content being so strong.

http://www.accesshollywood.com/produ..._article_42031
              i really hope they dont alter much from the books. they are so great!!
              Come join the dark side, we have cookies!!

Comment

Originally posted by twaxer View Post
                i really hope they dont alter much from the books. they are so great!!
                Well seing as how GRRM is a exec producer and writer on the show, and he says the series is faithful, it's a fair bet they will be.

Comment

Well seing as how GRRM is a exec producer and writer on the show, and he says the series is faithful, it's a fair bet they will be.
                  I'm just glad HBO picked this up, they've always proven to be reliable in terms of quality. If it got picked up by some regular cable channel it would have been transformed into who knows what, as was done with another favourite novel series of mine, Sword of Truth.

I have no doubts this will stay as faithful as possible to the books with GRRM and HBO at the helm.
                  sigpic

Comment

A new behind the scenes video on the fights
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh54KgtKZsg
                    Ooh. Nice vid.
                    Khopesh for the dothraki? (always imagined them as Steppe horesemen/Mongols, then the card game kinda made them a mix of that and native Americans *shrugs* probably a time for a re-read )

And more of the Mountain-that-rides in motion!
                    (to be honest, tho', I was hoping that the Viper would win... )

I wonder who that is, near the end, wearing what looks like lamellar armour.

Gah! Show it already! (so they can start on the other books...the ones w/ my favourite House in it: Greyjoy )
                    sigpic

Comment

Who would you choose for role of Brienne (possible season 2)
                      http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/01/...n-two-brienne/

I'd choose either Katee Sackhoff or Gwendoline Christie of the ones suggested.

Katee surely has the acting skills for the part, but is a little to small.
                      Gwendoline would be perfect for Brienne lookswise, but I haven't seen her act yet.
                      sigpic

Comment

Gwendoline Christie looks like she'd make a really good Brienne(I've never seen her act either though).
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                          Who would you choose for role of Brienne (possible season 2)
                          http://winter-is-coming.net/2011/01/...n-two-brienne/

I'd choose either Katee Sackhoff or Gwendoline Christie of the ones suggested.

Katee surely has the acting skills for the part, but is a little to small.
                          Gwendoline would be perfect for Brienne lookswise, but I haven't seen her act yet.
                          Could Katee do a convincing accent though? Most of the cast is British and even those that aren't from the trailers seem to be doing very good accents. And while it's not set in Britain the story is essentially a fantasy retelling of the War of the Roses. In a medieval world it would be quite jarring to hear a modern American accent. She might be able to, I don't know, it's just I've never seen her in anything that required her to change her natural accent. If she could that would be great but it would have to be a good accent, from the previews the cast has done well, there's not a fake sounding, ultra posh accent in sight, it all sounds natural, which is of course key when you have Brits and non Brits alike, all with British accents cause then anything fake or bad sounding is very noticeable.
                          Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 27 January 2011, 01:39 AM.

Comment

i really hope so! i also hope they keep all darkness and brutality. dont want an childerns version!
                            Come join the dark side, we have cookies!!

Comment

Originally posted by twaxer View Post
                              i really hope so! i also hope they keep all darkness and brutality. dont want an childerns version!
                              You've never watched a HBO show before, have you?

HBO probably have created the 3 most violent shows in existence, The Wire, Deadwood and Boardwalk Empire, which have content stronger than most movies. What marks these shows out from others (and there are others like Spartacus on Starz which has buckets of blood) is not so much the blood and gore, though there's plenty of that, but often the shear brutality and realism of the violence.

The Wire is probably the least gory of the 3, there is blood, plenty of people get shot, we see the bloody effects of that, but it's no stronger than many other shows and movies. People being realistically shot with lots of blood in shows and movies is hardly rare today. But what marks it out is two things. One the suddenness of the violence, often characters are ambushed and killed with no warning, but two the show shows the effects of violence, and even violence being committed, on everyone. No group is safe, including kids. The Wire was a show with the balls to have a scene in which a 14 year old is graphically gunned down by his apparent best friends.

Deadwood and Boardwalk Empire are extremely gory, but it's not over the top, limbs cut off with gallons upon gallons of blood spilling out, rather it's realistic which makes it disturbing. There's a fine line with gore, too much and it becomes comedic, get it right and it can be horrifying, these shows get it right. In Deadwood a character gets his eye torn out of its socket during a street fight and then gets his skull smashed open with a wooden plank. In Boardwalk Empire we have someone get the top of their head blown off by a shotgun, the front of someone's face basically exploding onto the camera caused by the exit wound of a bullet and a women whose face is slashed to ribbons by a knife. Among other things. HBO are masters of nasty violence, it won't be all the time, but when it happens it will be damn unpleasant.
                              Last edited by The Mighty 6 platoon; 27 January 2011, 01:10 PM.

Comment

If you would like to learn the language of the Dothraki then you should visit this site http://www.dothraki.org/

A little more than 11 weeks till Game of Thrones will premiere
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X