Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green to you for finding that Can't wait!
    sigpic

Comment

Im interested in this series im going to be checking it out
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Game of Thrones Adds Director and Recasts the Die Again

Although the pilot's been in the can since last year, the producers behind HBO's Game of Thrones are still moving pieces on and off the board, in the form of the cast. First, Michelle Fairley was brought in to replace Jennifer Elhe in the role of the female lead, Catelyn Stark and now Emilia Clarke is stepping in for the previously cast Tamzin Merchant as Daenerys Targaryen, a young princess bethrothed to savages by her power hungry brother.

Other news out of Westeros is the addition of Dexter, The Tudors and Boardwalk Empire, director, Brian Kirk to Thrones' directors' stable for two episodes. The series goes into production in late July and is slated to premiere next spring.
        http://www.ugo.com/tv/game-of-throne...id=rss-tv-imdb

Aidan Gillen joins ‘Game of Thrones’ Cast

IFTA winning actor Aidan Gillen (The Wire) has been added to the cast of the epic Northern Irish production of ‘Game of Thrones’. The Irish star will appear in the series in the role of Littlefinger, advisor to Mark Addy’s King Robert.
        http://www.iftn.ie/news/?act1=record...rchnews&only=1
        sigpic

Comment

'Skins' Dempsie cast in 'Game Of Thrones'

Joe Dempsie has reportedly been cast in Game Of Thrones. The new HBO series is based on the A Song Of Ice And Fire novels by George R. R. Martin.

Martin has now claimed on his blog that Dempsie, who previously played Chris in Skins, has joined the cast as the armourer's apprentice Gendry. Martin also appeared to confirm that Elyes Gabel, who has starred in Waterloo Road, Identity and Dead Set, will appear in the show as Jhogo, one of Dany's bloodriders.

"So, two more bright young talents come to Westeros," he wrote. "I think you'll like them."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...f-thrones.html

Comment

Airlock Alpha has been good to us today, guys and gals!

Raven teaser trailer (Youtube link)

And a behind-the-scenes look! (Youtube link)
            "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
              Airlock Alpha has been good to us today, guys and gals!

Raven teaser trailer (Youtube link)

And a behind-the-scenes look! (Youtube link)
              finally
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

This show has epic written all over it.
                sigpic

Comment

Game of Thrones: Exclusive First Look!

Fantasy-book series arrives as an HBO epic in 2011; get a sneak peek at 10 photos and see what it's all about [...]

**snip**
                  sigpic

Comment

There's a cool new trailer up

Link if the vid isn’t working.
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7JYw5kQg_Y

Comment

awesome!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jumper_One View Post
                        awesome!!
                        Oh yeah. And there was a pretty clear shot shot of Jason in the trailer, it's kinda weird seeing him without the dreads though.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post
                          Oh yeah. And there was a pretty clear shot shot of Jason in the trailer, it's kinda weird seeing him without the dreads though.
                          Almost didn't recognize him. I think he'll make a good Drogo.
                          sigpic

Comment

Really can't wait for the show to finally begin. The trailer looks great.
                            I've just begun reading A Storm of Swords.

Read that there will be a 15minutes behind-the-scenes preview on HBO on Sunday December 5. It's called Inside Game of Thrones.
                            http://winter-is-coming.net/2010/11/...e-next-sunday/
                            sigpic
                            My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

I am excited for this to start. The trailer looks great.

I have a feeling that with the casting choices, I might find the show more emotional than the book. If they follow the book that is.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Care View Post
                                I am excited for this to start. The trailer looks great.

I have a feeling that with the casting choices, I might find the show more emotional than the book. If they follow the book that is.
                                George R.R. Martin is a producer on the show, credited as a writer and has reported that the pilot at least is very faithful to the book, so that seems likely. The fact that they are doing a tv series rather than a book means they don't have to remove detail they normally would in a movie.

Comment

Working...
                                X