This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
    is it just me or in the thumbnail pic of that video does it almost look like Jon & Dany are "floating" in the sky or something (Superman style)

Comment

It does kinda haha

Comment

Apparently a breakdown of episode 1 has been leaked online

Comment

Hello - and a Survey is Coming ;D

I am currently working on my research project regarding parasocial relationships. These are the relationships we all have with people in media (e.g. our favorite character in Game of Thrones).

I would be so happy if you would help me and fill out my survey:
          Part 1: https://ww2.unipark.de/uc/M_GP_Korte/079f/

The survey consists of two parts. The first part can be completed now and by everyone who has watched "Game of Thrones" (no matter how many seasons) or has read the books. The second part refers to the 8th season of Game of Thrones. The link to the second part of the survey can be found here:
          Part 2: https://ww2.unipark.de/uc/M_GP_Korte/a869/

This part of the survey will be available after the 8th season is finished from May 20th on.
          Thank you so much for your help!

Comment

Watching this first thing Monday morning

Comment

found a link to a screener preview released by HBO on their official site. am watching right now quality looks really good & so does the story

Spoiler:
              JK

Comment

Not going to lie, I haven't read any of the GOT discussions in forever because I am very afraid of spoilers. Just had to come here and comment that today is Season 8 premier day and I woke up to SNOW FALLING!!!!! No joke. It is a VERY Twilight Zone feeling. I hope not everyone is experiencing it or we're all screwed!!!!!

Comment

My little GoT tribute :

SGGOT.jpg
                  "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                    My little GoT tribute :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42887[/ATTACH]
                    Just stumbled onto that gem. How much?
                    Spoiler:
                    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Anybody knows anything about the upcoming spin-offs?

*Cough* Digi? *Cough*
                      Spoiler:
                      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                        Anybody knows anything about the upcoming spin-offs?

*Cough* Digi? *Cough*
                        Supposedly there are three in development, which is actually down from the reporting a few months back that there were five in the pipe. Only one has had any real news associated with it though.

One that is supposedly titled "The Long Night" is being headed up by Jane Goldman (writer of the Kingsman movies and X-Men First Class). They're supposed to start filming later this year, and have already cast Naomi Watts. The synopsis:
                        Taking place thousands of years before the events of Game of Thrones, the series chronicles the world’s descent from the Golden Age of Heroes into its darkest hour. And only one thing is for sure: From the horrifying secrets of Westeros’ history to the true origin of the White Walkers, the mysteries of the east, to the Starks of legend…it’s not the story we think we know.

Other than that I don't think there's much news out there. I also haven't really been keeping close tabs on it all, since I gave up on GoT a few years back.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
                          Supposedly there are three in development, which is actually down from the reporting a few months back that there were five in the pipe. Only one has had any real news associated with it though.

One that is supposedly titled "The Long Night" is being headed up by Jane Goldman (writer of the Kingsman movies and X-Men First Class). They're supposed to start filming later this year, and have already cast Naomi Watts. The synopsis:

Other than that I don't think there's much news out there. I also haven't really been keeping close tabs on it all, since I gave up on GoT a few years back.
                          Hmmm interesting. The Long Night could be interesting indeed, hopefully we'll have some involvement of Martin in this series, otherwise it'll end up like that latest season we've been served.

Thanks Digi!
                          Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            My little GoT tribute :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42887[/ATTACH]
                            Valar are the Ori!

Comment

So can we cross our fingers we might actually learn a thing or too about the Night King in this new series?

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                                So can we cross our fingers we might actually learn a thing or too about the Night King in this new series?
                                Well The Long Night only has a few paragraphs devoted to it in the anthology book. All I'm going to say is...

Frost Spiders
                                Spoiler:

Comment

Working...
                                X