Page 2 of 67 FirstFirst 123451252 ... LastLast

Default Re: HBO greenlights A Game of Thrones pilot!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dsigal View Post
    Anyone else here a fan/following the preproduction and casting of the pilot?
    Yes. I'm excited for this series and have been following the process since it was first pitched to HBO. I'm really glad it was picked up by HBO and not one of the regular cable networks.

Quote Originally Posted by Krichton View Post
    I'm curious to see who they cast as Arya but aside from that I am not all that enthused about this adaptation.
    GRRM has revealed some more casting selections on his blog, including Arya. The selections are for Ser Jorah Mormont, Daenerys Targaryen, Robb Stark, Arya Stark, Sansa Stark, Theon Greyjoy and Jaime Lannister.

http://grrm.livejournal.com/

Royal HBO role filled by 'Terminator: Sarah Connor' actress

All the major roles for HBO's "Game of Thones" pilot have been filled in recent weeks -- except one.

I can exclusively reveal that Lena Headey, most recently seen as Sarah Connor in Fox's "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles," will play Cersei Lannister, a woman of royal blood who is every bit as smart, cunning and devious as the powerful men around her.

**snip**
    http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....ones-hbo-.html

Awesome! I wonder how she'll look with blonde hair (if I remember correctly Cersei was blonde) Now they are ready to go with the pilot. Can't wait for this to air.

Mighty Avenger - Moderator Madwelshboy's Avatar
    Somewhere between the lab and labour ward

Jason Momoa as Drogo?

According to some reports, it looks like Jason Momoa may have been cast as Drogo. Supposedly the actor himself announced it at Armageddon Expo in Melbourne, Australia. Here is a report from someone who was at the convention.

I'm @abitliketrying on twitter and was sitting in the front row when Jason Momoa announced it, and was one of the first to tweet. It was Armageddon in Melbourne, Australia.

He just got the call the other day and he said it hadn't been announced. He'll be filming in Morocco and doesn't like horses, so isn't looking forward to the horseback scenes. He also said that it'll be his first nude scene and first sex scene.

He went on to say that Game of Thrones was one of the best series that he'd read, and everyone should read it. Believe me, few enough of us cheered when he first said it.

He also said when he went in for the audition he did a haka, as he thought it would be perfect for Drogo.

Cheers!
    Dee
    http://winter-is-coming.blogspot.com...-as-drogo.html

Now confirmed by HBO:
    http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....rones-hbo.html
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; October 17th, 2009 at 12:24 PM.

Air Force Chief of Staff Everlovin's Avatar
    Dancing, singing, praising, and thanking!

TV Re: HBO greenlights A Game of Thrones pilot!!!

Ok, so I know very little about HBO. Is there any chance a person can watch eps online? HBO.com sort of thing? Or is it more likely to be for iTunes? Buy the dvd's for a zillion dollars?

Trying to figure a way to see this show.

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

I think Jason is the perfect fit. I hadn't even thought much about Drogo in this series since his role is not as significant as the others, but really great casting choice in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Everlovin View Post
    Ok, so I know very little about HBO. Is there any chance a person can watch eps online? HBO.com sort of thing? Or is it more likely to be for iTunes? Buy the dvd's for a zillion dollars?

Trying to figure a way to see this show.
    I don't think HBO has the watch online option. If you're in the U.S, there's a chance Hulu might have it. They have links for Showtime shows on there, not sure about HBO though.

And of course there's always ways to watch shows in high quality and without paying a zillion dollars

George R.R. Martin's Game of Thrones filming complete

Filming on the pilot for Game of Thrones, adapted from the fantasy novel by George R.R. Martin, has wrapped, according to Visual Effects producer Julia Frey. The three weeks of shooting took place in three different countries and involved a cast of two dozen and more than 100 extras.

Cast members include Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister, a woman of royal blood, Peter Dinklage as Cersei's brother Tyrion, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Cersei's twin, Jaime, Sean Bean as aristocrat Ned Stark, Jennifer Ehle as his wife, Catelyn Stark, and Mark Addy as King Robert.

HBO is reportedly expected to give its decision on a green light around March.

http://scifiwire.com/2009/11/game-of-thrones.php

I really hope they did a good job with the production of the pilot so that HBO will give the green light. Really excited for this one!

HBO's 'Game Of Thrones' nears pickup

Game Of Thrones is reportedly close to receiving a series order from HBO.

The fantasy pilot, which stars Sean Bean, Alfie Allen and Peter Dinklage, was described by the network's programming chief Michael Lombardo as "fantastic".

"I would be surprised if it doesn't [get a green light]," Lombardo said. "It has everything going for it."

The project is a television adaptation of George R. R. Martin's A Song of Ice and Fire series and focuses on an epic struggle for power between the main characters.

If the pickup goes ahead, Thrones is likely to premiere on HBO in March or April next year.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/new...rs-pickup.html

fantastic news

HBO says yes to Game of Thrones series (plus 1st pic!)

It's official: HBO has given a green light to a 10-episode series based on George R.R. Martin's fantasy series Game of Thrones and released the first image from the show, which you can view below. Production begins in June; no premiere date was announced.

Cast members include Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister, a woman of royal blood, Peter Dinklage as Cersei's brother Tyrion, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau as Cersei's twin, Jaime, Sean Bean as aristocrat Ned Stark, Jennifer Ehle as his wife, Catelyn Stark, and Mark Addy as King Robert.

The official announcement at:-
    http://scifiwire.com/2010/03/hbo-say...medium=twitter

woohoo

Well, I wont be able to watch it, I don't have HBO and don't plan on getting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Madwelshboy View Post
    HBO says yes to Game of Thrones series (plus 1st pic!)

It's official: HBO has given a green light to a 10-episode series based on George R.R. Martin's fantasy series Game of Thrones and released the first image from the show, which you can view below. Production begins in June; no premiere date was announced.

The official announcement at:-
    http://scifiwire.com/2010/03/hbo-say...medium=twitter
    Yes!! Awesome news. I am so excited for this series. Is there any word on when they expect it to be ready? I'm guessing next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    Well, I wont be able to watch it, I don't have HBO and don't plan on getting it.
    I'm pretty sure 3/4 of the people who watch HBO shows don't have HBO. Nowadays whether you have a channel or not isn't an issue anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by magictrick View Post
    Yes!! Awesome news. I am so excited for this series. Is there any word on when they expect it to be ready? I'm guessing next year.
    IIRC spring 2011

Quote Originally Posted by magictrick View Post
    I'm pretty sure 3/4 of the people who watch HBO shows don't have HBO. Nowadays whether you have a channel or not isn't an issue anymore.
    Wha? Then how do people watch those shows?!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumper_One View Post
    IIRC spring 2011
    I was expecting that. Such a long time, but hopefully it will be worth the wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Replicator Todd View Post
    Wha? Then how do people watch those shows?!
    The internet Whether legally or illegally it is slowly but surely making cable/satellite tv obsolete. Any show that's on TV you can watch online a couple hours after it airs or at the latest the following day.

im looking forward to this i have never read the books so i dont know what to expect which im actually happy about as i cant stand watching something on tv if i have read it as a book i always prefer the book

The best written female character on trek ever.

Quote Originally Posted by chrono trigger View Post
    im looking forward to this i have never read the books so i dont know what to expect which im actually happy about as i cant stand watching something on tv if i have read it as a book i always prefer the book
    I would still recommend that you read the books as they are really great. Besides if you don't like the series you don't have to watch it right

I suspect that the series will develop a case of Shonen Adaptation Delay Syndrome. What do Fullmetal Alchemist, Bleach, and Naruto have in common? Their anime forms catch up to the manga source material. Basically, I'm predicting that the AGOT hbo series will be caught up to the books before the book series is completed.
    Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
    The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
    I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
    A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
    That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
    Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
    Caboose: They could be worse?
    Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.