Doomsday (may contain spoilers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomsday (may contain spoilers)

So, do you think they will do Doomsday justice when they show him in his true form? That is a concern of mine. I like Davis, but will he change back and forth?
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

I don't know if they're gonna have him "transform" or something but I really hope they do, human Doomsday would be a little cheap
    || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
      So, do you think they will do Doomsday justice when they show him in his true form? That is a concern of mine. I like Davis, but will he change back and forth?
      Look for yourself:http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori...1/14/index.htm

Spoiler:
      Check out My directorial work (please leave comment. if possible).

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=coreyeasy

Or,

Leave comment on the off topic board.

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=29121

Comment

btw how does Clark stand even a remote chance against that thing ? it is now invulnerable to physical damage, Clark might kill it once with his heat vision but it will probably adapt to that as well...in theory it's completely unstoppable right ?

or does its adaptation ability have a limit ?
        (not even sure if that's the case in the comics - can DC's Doomsday be permanently destroyed ? )

Comment

I thought Doomsday could never be completely destroyed?

Would it be possible to chop him into bits and bury the bits apart? (yes buffy reference )

Comment

They made him look like Megabyte from Reboot, personally I'm very disappointed in how Doomsday looks.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
              btw how does Clark stand even a remote chance against that thing ? it is now invulnerable to physical damage, Clark might kill it once with his heat vision but it will probably adapt to that as well...in theory it's completely unstoppable right ?

or does its adaptation ability have a limit ?
              (not even sure if that's the case in the comics - can DC's Doomsday be permanently destroyed ? )
              That's what made it the most infamous Superman story
              || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Originally posted by suqata View Post
                They made him look like Megabyte from Reboot, personally I'm very disappointed in how Doomsday looks.
                You could barely see him in the preview. I'm gonna wait till next week to see it.

Comment

I think that so far he has been great! When I first saw him I was puzzled as to how he is going to turn out to be anything like Doomsday from the comics. I was pleasntly surpised in "Bloodline" to learn the truth. It all made perfect sense. So, if the rest of the season follows suit it should be great.
                  For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                    You could barely see him in the preview. I'm gonna wait till next week to see it.
                    I am going to just wait and see too. Actually, after seeing a glimpse of him in that preview, I am more positive than I was before.
                    sigpic
                    "...phu...ah..."

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                      I am going to just wait and see too. Actually, after seeing a glimpse of him in that preview, I am more positive than I was before.
                      So am I. I was worried if they were even gonna go with an alien look or just do "Human" Doomsday so the fact that they're doin the traditional look (or close anyway) is cool with me.

The only real difference is he kinda looked darker in the preview than the lighter green/gray but I kinda like that. I just wanna see a full shot of him and not just the bits and pieces they showed in the preview.

Comment

Overall, I was actually pleased with how they portrayed Doomsday tonight on Smallville. I hope we get some even better shots of him in future eps, but I definitely wasn't let down or anything.
                        sigpic
                        "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I am SOOOO happy they used prosthetic versus cgi. Seriously, it makes a difference.

Comment

I don't know how I feel yet. I won't pass judgement yet, but he looks kinda like a Jem' Hadar from Star Trek DS9. He doensn't look awful ,cactually he lokks realy cool. Ok maybe I passed jugement, but I like him, so far.
                            For I know the plans I have for you, declares the LORD, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. -Jeremiah 29:11

Comment

I thought it looked great. There was only one short moment when he was carrying Chloe through the Fortress where it looked like a guy in a silly costume... the rest was awesome.

I just wish they'd shown him fighting Clark a little more but I guess we have to wait for that.

Comment

Working...
                              X