ronans new "toy"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ronans new "toy"

you know that little voice recorder woosly gave ronan. well woolsy said that you speak into it and when you plug it into a computer it automatically transcribes what is recorded. well i was wondering is this real technology you can buy? and if so where can you buy it at?
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

I imagine it's a standard digital recorder and Woolsey's PC just has software that transcribes dialog. Both are modern & inexpensive technologies.
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Some physicians and NP's where I work use a speech recognition program to record and document reports into our computerized system. It can lead to some very funny errors, however, and they really have to check what comes out the other end before signing off on the note.
      sigpic

Comment

Yes it is, There is Software Called Dragon Naturally Speaking which is used by many Consultants/PA's/Secretaries, aslong as you have the software installed into your pc you can use a transcription device to record what you want then upload onto a PC.

It also works as you can open a word document and speak into a microphone and it dictates/writes out what you say.

It is very expensive though, I work for the NHS myself in South Manchester and the price of this software depending on the package can be upwards of £2000.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Ads View Post
          Yes it is, There is Software Called Dragon Naturally Speaking which is used by many Consultants/PA's/Secretaries, aslong as you have the software installed into your pc you can use a transcription device to record what you want then upload onto a PC.

It also works as you can open a word document and speak into a microphone and it dictates/writes out what you say.

It is very expensive though, I work for the NHS myself in South Manchester and the price of this software depending on the package can be upwards of £2000.
          For a coalition of the Earth's superpowers, I think a few thousand $$$ wouldn't even factor into their budget.
          sigpic
          "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
          ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
            For a coalition of the Earth's superpowers, I think a few thousand $$$ wouldn't even factor into their budget.
            lol nope although can imagine Russia and China trying to Charge U.S 10x the going rate

Comment

Yeah, because Chinese products are always so expensive!...wait

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                you know that little voice recorder woosly gave ronan. well woolsy said that you speak into it and when you plug it into a computer it automatically transcribes what is recorded. well i was wondering is this real technology you can buy? and if so where can you buy it at?
                well i have seen simeler thec in another show but i dont thing it will be long
                if it has not been in store yet that it will be avalible

Comment

Working...
                X