No announcement yet.

The Eclipse, Part 1 (310)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really don't understand how the eclipse is taking away powers, it's been shown that it didn't give powers as a good portion of the characters had powers before the pilot episode eclipse. Maybe they'll find a better way to explain it than just "the eclipse giveth, and the eclipse taketh away". Also aren't total solar eclipses relatively rare things, at least when viewing from a particular spot in the world?
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing-Edmund Burke

The question which once haunted my being has been answered. The future is not fixed, and my choices are my own... and yet, how ironic! For I now find, I have no choice at all! I am warrior... let the battle be joined.-Dinobot-Code of Hero

Don't blame me, I voted Cthulhu

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
      I really don't understand how the eclipse is taking away powers, it's been shown that it didn't give powers as a good portion of the characters had powers before the pilot episode eclipse. Maybe they'll find a better way to explain it than just "the eclipse giveth, and the eclipse taketh away". Also aren't total solar eclipses relatively rare things, at least when viewing from a particular spot in the world?
      Kring just hates plot and continuity.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
        Kring just hates plot and continuity.
        There is just no better way to put it than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
          You can pretty much sum up the episode by saying that everyone looses their powers.
          May want to fix your typo there mate, because you're not saying what I think you're trying to say lol ;o

Comment

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
            two uncles
            Three Uncles- Peter, Sylar and Flint

Not the best role models, granted.

Comment

I hope they finally shoot Sylar, that would at least mix things up a bit, this whole Good-Bad-Good-Bad-Good Sylar thing, Sylar swithces sides faster than Teal'c !

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post

Not the best role models, granted.
                4 Uncles, you forget sylar

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
                Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
                SG1 -

Comment

Originally posted by Cree View Post
                  4 Uncles, you forget sylar
                  Three Uncles, I included Sylar

Originally posted by The Prophet

Comment

Ah yes three. I forgot about Flint. However, he isn't qualified to advise a rodent.

"You know what would make a good story? Something about a clown who makes people happy, but inside he's real sad. Also, he has severe diarrhea." - Jack Handy

Comment

Sometimes Heroes comes out as a jumbled mess where you dont actually care about whats going on and just want thing to move on. I think this episodes is an example of it. Its like forcing yourself to keep watching a boring movie because you still want to know how its going to end.

The idea of having heroes losing their ability (for all they could know, possibly forevever) is a great idea. It could have great dramatic (and comedic) and emotional impact on them. From relief to fear, change of life direction, humility, lost of purpose, etc. But it was quickly skipped, for heroes going on about their mission... whatever that is.

I wish they could concentrate more on creating a good story every week that could link to the overall season arc. Than having 20 different arc, which are not interesting on their own. My best episodes this season are "Dying of the Light" and "Villains".
                      Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by The Prophet View Post
                        Three Uncles, I included Sylar

oh i am stupid, for some reason i was counting nathan as an uncle lol!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
                        Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
                        SG1 -

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                          Good episode tonight. Definitely setting everything up for the second part, which I can't wait to see. Seeing them all struggling with not being able to use their powers was great too. They have all become so dependent on them since this show began. It will be very interesting to see where this eclipse thing leads.
                          Very true. I likened it to one of the Starwars novels, where Mara Jade is training a teen Jacen solo, and keeps admonishing him about his continual use of the force. If that's all you use, that's all you develop.

Originally posted by GATEGOD View Post

Noah leaving Claire to kill Sylar/Elle - Eww.

Seth Green - omgyes
                          Noah leaving makes sense though. BOTH sylar and now Eli have done bad things to his 'claire bear;.

And i also loved the comic store scene with Seth and Breckin Meyer. Those 2 are great comics imo..

Originally posted by RoK View Post
                          I think it's cool that the Haitian has a brother and that he has a pretty cool ability. I'm just wondering if and when they'll ever tell us his real name.
                          Agreed. This was imo the first real episode where they expanded on the Hatian and his backstory/family. BUT it sounds like his power is somewhat similar to Claire and Adams..

Originally posted by MarshAngel View Post
                          I wish Nathan would just live up to his pretty face and stop being such a damn idiot. Peter is so right. He's been spineless...not that he should be criticizing anyone.
                          He's not just spineless, but seems to always pick power over common sense..
                          Exactly HOW would it make the world better to have everyone be evo??

Originally posted by entil2001 View Post
                          One big question does come up, however: why is the eclipse suddenly so important? The first season started with the hint that the eclipse had some greater meaning, but previous continuity has established that the various abilities came about long before the eclipse in the pilot. For that matter, Hiro appeared in Japan during an eclipse, and it had no discernable effect on his powers at the time.
                          But it did seem to awaken Adam's power. Also there was that Eclipse right at the beginning of S1 which seemed to awaken Hiro's power, and that of Matt..

If “9th Wonder” was the comic book written and drawn by Isaac in the first season, and Isaac is dead, who is generating new issues of the comic book now? That would seem to be a fairly obvious continuity error.
                          He had quite a few issues wrote, but only those published were seen earlier on..??

All that said, I did end up enjoying the majority of the episode. I loved the interplay between Noah and Claire, especially her decision to save his life. She may have thought that her ability would make it a low risk proposition, but it’s the thought that counts. I liked seeing the Petrelli brothers have it out for a while, though I think that they still need a good brawl to get over themselves.
                          I too loved the Claire saving Noah scene. Show's she has forgiven dad from all that crap she was getting in his face about earlier..

I also think peter and nathan (preferably without powers) need to slug it out..

Comment

Working...
                          X