It's Coming (309)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
    I gotta say that Elle seemed very quick to forgive the man who sawed her father's head off. Now granted she played a part in creating the monster (a fact which I hate), but still I think I'd wanna kill the SOB rather than snuggle up with him.
    Sociopaths, eh?

Interesting episode, build up suspence for the Eclipse and brought everything together. Although, I'm wondering why Sylar & Elle are fighting with Arthur, when they've no actual incentive to (apart from Arthur being Sylar's father, there's really not other reason to stay with him).

Comment

Very good episode imo. Power absorbtion is clearly a Petrelli trait, and Sylar and Peter seem to have the same power, just the way that they were brought up caused it to develop in wildly different ways, I thought that was a great idea.

Hiro as a 10 year old = No.

Loved the end sequence, as the "teams" if you will are lining up, and it's basically gonna be a Mom vs Dad slugfest. Especially loved the way it cut from Peter to Sylar, as they're as evenly matched as you can really get.

Don't really understand why Elle is with Arthur, he had her chained up and let the guy that killed her father in the room. No idea why Sylar is with him either really, as it seemed that Angela cared for him more than Arthur has been shown to.

Can not wait for next episode. Heroes is good again, I'm enjoying this as much as I enjoyed season 1, hopefully they can keep this up.

Daniel: The Others would have stopped you.
      Jack: They'd have a hell of a fight on their hands...
      Daniel: You wouldn't do that...
      Jack: Ba'al would be dead...
      Daniel: Jack...
      Jack: ...And don't think I'd stop there!
      Daniel: You're a better man than that...
      Jack: That's where you're wrong!

Comment

Fantastic episode i have to say. The whole eclipse thing is so interesting and I want to know why Arthur is so afraid by it.

Theres only two problems I have with the characters: First of all i don't like the new inhumane version of Suresh that’s just stupid and i just don't like him as a villain.

Secondly, Hiro as a 10 year old boy. This is all up to the writers because they can either make this change fantastic and interesting or it can just get boring and annoying. I hope for the sake of the show, and one of the best characters, that it does turn out ok.

I have to admit I like Syler as the semi evil guy although i have to admit it would be awesome to have him and Peter working side by side to take down Arthur.

Finally, where is the Haitian got to? He is potentially the most powerful character on the show and he should have a major role in these events. I don't understand why Arthur would not have chased after him because he knows what he is capable and he must want to get revenge on him because he did help with his attempted murder.
        The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

The teams seem a little lopsided with Arthur/Gabriel/Elle on one side. My guess is Gabriel showing compassion and turning on Arthur when Arthur hurts/kills someone. Wonder what Gabriel's reaction will be when finding out that Arthur freed his "evil mother" Angela.

I also think that the big battle will not matter much because the eclipse will wipe out most of the powers, doing a series reset that Kring seems to want.

Comment

i don't know why everyone loved this ep, i considered it mediocre, and the final scene with claire made me want to kringe (geddit?)
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Syler and Peter do NOT have the same power, although they are very similar. Remember that future Peter had to learn Syler's power. While the line between their powers is blurring they are NOT the same. Power absorbion runs in the family, but they vary from father to son and son.
              sigpic

Comment

gabriel/sylar was born up lonely i figure working in a watch makers place and his place had lots of books and such so him having little empathy to trigger his power was being held back whereas peter with such a powerful empathy for helping people could easily access people powers

arthur powers on the other hand could be empathy based or it was a naturally born ability while his sons are a bonus

i quite enjoyed gab/elle moment who knows maybe the son gabriel had in the future is elles mother???
                sigpic

Comment

I've fallen in love with Sylar and Elle. They are so cute together, angry bitter pasts, bright fluffy futures. lol

Comment

A few thoughts to toss around about this episode..

#1 Sylar and his newfound way to "absorb" abilities similar to the way Peter can learn them from being in close contact. Is it possible that Sylar learned his watchmaking ways from another superhuman? Early on he might have come in contact with someone that had the power to figure things out and learned them without even knowing. It just seems a little strange to me that absorbing powers thru empathy and cutting someones skull open and sticking your fingers in their brains are so far from each other they cant be the same power.

#2 Hiro as a kid, no friggin way. For me Hiro went from one of the most interesting, powerful and series changing characters to a nobody. He has spent the better part of 2 seasons being the comic relief and clueless superhuman. I understand his powers are extremely strong, and in order to maintain balance they dont want give him too much information. It just makes the most sense that he would have tons of information, time travel isnt widespread as far as we know in the Heroes universe unless there is someone else out there running around changing the future and from the looks of it that couldnt be possible. I dont want to even bring up how the Speedster being able to move fast enough to interact with him is just nuts. I have seen 2 times in the show since we were informed she could move fast enough to talk, move and see what he is doing that he has still been able to stop time with her standing there and getting away with his normal carrying on. It just seems to happen when its convenient for the story progression, I hate that kind of stuff. The kid thing seems very much like most anime, the strongest character is the one that acts up, doesnt care, has no reason to be able to pull thru yet somehow someway they do.. and I hate that. The villains always spend more time learning how to use their ability while the heroes tend to not want to use their power yet they always seem to pull thru, its a common concept in writing and I hate it.. give us a hero that WANTS to use his powers to make a difference that would make the most sense.

#3 Not in this episode but worth bringing up. When Claires mother, her real mother was captured by the puppetmaster guy it was clear to me that he could control movement but not thoughts. I dont want to jump to any conclusions but based on what we were informed on Claires mothers powers was that she could create and control fire, which was a mental ability. It would also make sense that her mother couldnt be burned by her own power, if she was then everytime she did it she would get burned.. and we havent seen anything to assume that in the series. So when she was kidnapped why didnt she just ignite the building on fire and burn up the puppetmaster? It was clear Claire wasnt with him and if she was burning up the building still wouldnt have killed her.

The list goes on and on.. I believe a series reset is in order to fix a lot of this nonsense.. I welcome it actually..
                    sigpic
                    I love the big hairy fuzzy men on TV, mmmm
                    "I'll Be Your Freyr Elrad, Wait For Me!!!
                    Me On YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/airricksreloaded

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                      Syler and Peter do NOT have the same power, although they are very similar. Remember that future Peter had to learn Syler's power. While the line between their powers is blurring they are NOT the same. Power absorbion runs in the family, but they vary from father to son and son.
                      It'd be nice if Kring would actually work with a plot and continuity.

Kring has admitted that he writes for dramatic effect so both are tossed out.

As a stand alone episode I really enjoyed this but like most of Heroes you really need to turn off your brain to enjoy the show. Sylar and Peter have different powers. In season 1 and 2 this was officially canon. Now Kring is changing canon again by writing that Sylar and Peter do indeed have the same power.

Comment

Originally posted by airrick View Post
                        #2 Hiro as a kid, no friggin way. For me Hiro went from one of the most interesting, powerful and series changing characters to a nobody. He has spent the better part of 2 seasons being the comic relief and clueless superhuman. I understand his powers are extremely strong, and in order to maintain balance they dont want give him too much information. It just makes the most sense that he would have tons of information, time travel isnt widespread as far as we know in the Heroes universe unless there is someone else out there running around changing the future and from the looks of it that couldnt be possible. I dont want to even bring up how the Speedster being able to move fast enough to interact with him is just nuts. I have seen 2 times in the show since we were informed she could move fast enough to talk, move and see what he is doing that he has still been able to stop time with her standing there and getting away with his normal carrying on. It just seems to happen when its convenient for the story progression, I hate that kind of stuff. The kid thing seems very much like most anime, the strongest character is the one that acts up, doesnt care, has no reason to be able to pull thru yet somehow someway they do.. and I hate that. The villains always spend more time learning how to use their ability while the heroes tend to not want to use their power yet they always seem to pull thru, its a common concept in writing and I hate it.. give us a hero that WANTS to use his powers to make a difference that would make the most sense.
                        I never liked Hiro. I know he is a very popular character but I'd have no problem if he died.

I also do not understand how Arthur has Hiro's power while Hiro is still able to use it. Maybe Arthur doesn't really take away power.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
                          I never liked Hiro. I know he is a very popular character but I'd have no problem if he died.

I also do not understand how Arthur has Hiro's power while Hiro is still able to use it. Maybe Arthur doesn't really take away power.
                          Because he stole all of peters powers and peter had hiros power.
                          I believe that he most likely just suppresses their power or weakens them to the point that the person originally has them can know longer use them at the same time he also copies them. This would explain why Syler was able to solve Elle problem and also she was able to keep her powers. He just absorb a percentage of it.

Comment

1. Hiro as a 10 year old? Not only that but the reference to the Hulk being red...I'm not the biggest comic book fan, is this significant?

2. Good to see Angela back in business.

3. Elle and Syler is slightly warped but these things happen.

4. Not sure what to make of this eclipse.

5. How did Peter get his powers back?

Interesting set up.
                            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                              I thought tonight's episode was pretty good. How about you guys?
                              It was a lot better than Ep 8 imo.

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                              i was expecting peter to regain his powers when he saved claire from the villains
                              So was i. BUT i liked that he actually showed smarts for once.

Originally posted by mr_kennedy View Post
                              i enjoyed that scene aswell

what i wanna know is who is writing 9th wonders?
                              It was explained in S1 that Issac Mendes (another precog) was the one who wrote those comics

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                              I gotta say that Elle seemed very quick to forgive the man who sawed her father's head off. Now granted she played a part in creating the monster (a fact which I hate), but still I think I'd wanna kill the SOB rather than snuggle up with him.
                              I too felt it was a little contrived, but seeing as Sylar let her vent, with NO counters or come backs, and was very empathic, maybe that softened her a little. I also LOVED that entire scene with her letting lose and him just taking it.

Originally posted by Matt G View Post
                              4. Not sure what to make of this eclipse.
                              S1 had an Eclipse right at the start, so did S2 right after Hiro traveled back to Japan. Heroes reborn also has an eclipse neutering powers.. So its a common theme of Eclipse equals either powers given/awaken or powers turned off..

Comment

Working...
                              X