Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSG rewatch (spoilers up to/including season 4.0)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSG rewatch (spoilers up to/including season 4.0)

So my previous rewatch schedule failed miserably... Now I'm starting again from scratch since 4.5 is only 2 months off.

Got the miniseries on as I type this. Thoughts:
    - oh my god they all look so young!
    - hello Serenity
    - the picture of young Adama with Lee/Zak as kids....is that the Fonz in the pic?
    - Christ, these actors are all so freaking talented
    - I miss Billy
    - the onscreen font changed at some point....I don't remember when that was
    - the square where Six kills the child....reappears in Epiphanies, and I'm reasonably sure I saw it at least once in The X-Files too. Anyone know where it is?
    - Baltar (or rather, the costume dept lol) has such a wicked sense of style. I wish I looked that good
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    So my previous rewatch schedule failed miserably... Now I'm starting again from scratch since 4.5 is only 2 months off.

- the picture of young Adama with Lee/Zak as kids....is that the Fonz in the pic?
    lol. I think that every time I see that pic too.

Suppose I need to break out the dvds as well. Might as well as there is really nothing else to watch.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
      lol. I think that every time I see that pic too.
      Ha, glad it's not just me then

Still on, more thoughts....
      - I still can't believe that Michael Hogan has never been made part of the main cast
      - the old woman who Baltar reads the lottery number ticket for says she's left her glasses somewhere....they're sitting on top of her head! Baltar even briefly glances at them before taking her ticket. Never noticed that before
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

- oh my god they all look so young!
        - hello Serenity
        - Christ, these actors are all so freaking talented
        - I miss Billy
        - the onscreen font changed at some point....I don't remember when that was
        - the square where Six kills the child....reappears in Epiphanies, and I'm reasonably sure I saw it at least once in The X-Files too. Anyone know where it is?
        - Baltar (or rather, the costume dept lol) has such a wicked sense of style. I wish I looked that good
        ron has said that it was a college in vancouver

don't knwo the name it's in the podcast for the mini series i think
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

As happy as I am with the show as of 4.0, there's a lot of little touches from back in the day that I miss.

The pilots touching the picture of the soldier on their way out, the poignancy of the hall of pictures... Even little moments between Saul and Adama like eating his noodles on him..

(with mouthful) "Are you eating this?"
          "..not anymore"

Ha!

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            ron has said that it was a college in vancouver

don't knwo the name it's in the podcast for the mini series i think
            Simon Fraser University

it was also in Andromeda and in SG-1 as the Tollan homeworld
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              Simon Fraser University

it was also in Andromeda and in SG-1 as the Tollan homeworld
              thanks

i didn't have time to look it up yesterday

Comment

As happy as I am with the show as of 4.0, there's a lot of little touches from back in the day that I miss.

The pilots touching the picture of the soldier on their way out, the poignancy of the hall of pictures... Even little moments between Saul and Adama like eating his noodles on him..

(with mouthful) "Are you eating this?"
                "..not anymore"

Ha!
                the one thing that hit me on 33 was that the fleet lost 1000+ people in the first ep. set the tone for the rest of the series

Comment

thanks

i didn't have time to look it up yesterday
                  you're welcome
                  it's a well known place in the scifi genre
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

the one thing that hit me on 33 was that the fleet lost 1000+ people in the first ep. set the tone for the rest of the series
                    it's great that BSG is not a show with so many happy-endings which are really painfull to watch in other shows
                    Stolen Kosovo
                    sigpic

Comment

Indeed.... I always enjoyed just how powerful the moment between Adamas was near the end of the ep:
                      Adama "I gave the order son, it's my responsibility"
                      Apollo "I pulled the trigger. That's mine."

Comment

Indeed.... I always enjoyed just how powerful the moment between Adamas was near the end of the ep:
                        Adama "I gave the order son, it's my responsibility"
                        Apollo "I pulled the trigger. That's mine."
                        That was a great moment. Oooh, I wish I could re-watch again.....

But not until after classes end. It's only two and a half more weeks to wait.

Comment

Gotten as far as 2.02 right now. I got a bit sidetracked in the last week or so as I bought myself a huge TV and an Xbox360.

Something interesting I'm noticing in this ep though "Valley of Darkness"... Baltar wakes up and sees skulls laying all over the place. Baltar is confused and asks Head Six what this savagery is, wasn't Kobol supposed to be a place where mankind and the gods lived in harmony.

Head Six explains to him that maybe that was true for a while, but then humanity's true nature asserted itself and this was the results, and the old "all this has happened before and will happen again" line.

Interesting that she should say that. The Cylons believe in their own godliness as the chosen people to follow his will. And their brutal nature was exposed in the extermination of the colonies. All this has happened before and will happen again?

Comment

I just finished watching 'Pegasus' (extended).

The entire Kobol story was just so grand and epic, and so astonishingly well written. The juxtaposition of the Caprica resistance with Roslin's escape and resistance stand was just so well played.

Final Cut and Flight of the Phoenix felt a bit of a letdown after all that but then BAM along comes Pegasus and I'm still getting chills watching the To Be Continued, even when this is the umpteenth time I've watched it.

Comment

I just finished watching 'Pegasus' (extended).

The entire Kobol story was just so grand and epic, and so astonishingly well written. The juxtaposition of the Caprica resistance with Roslin's escape and resistance stand was just so well played.

Final Cut and Flight of the Phoenix felt a bit of a letdown after all that but then BAM along comes Pegasus and I'm still getting chills watching the To Be Continued, even when this is the umpteenth time I've watched it.
                              That's what's so great about this show. I've probably watched Revelations a half dozen times and I get chills during the last scene.

Comment

Working...
                              X