Plot Hole

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plot Hole

Has anyone noticed that there's a glaring plot hole? That is michaels escape and subsequent takeover of Atlantis. How the hell did he pilot the jumper without the ATA gene? The IDC is also a minor issue we can assume he caught the offworld team and tortured it out of them but it's a standard rule that ancient tech and puddle jumpers have been specifically stated more than once to only be piloted by those with the ancient gene.

Originally posted by strider2289 View Post
    Has anyone noticed that there's a glaring plot hole? That is michaels escape and subsequent takeover of Atlantis. How the hell did he pilot the jumper without the ATA gene? The IDC is also a minor issue we can assume he caught the offworld team and tortured it out of them but it's a standard rule that ancient tech and puddle jumpers have been specifically stated more than once to only be piloted by those with the ancient gene.
    Michael made a clone of Carson who developed the synthetic ATA gene and held him captive for 2 years before the team rescued him. So although it's not been explained in full, it's been hinted at that Carson provided details (willingly or not) of how to manufacture the gene. Then Michael used the information and injected himself with the gene to allow him and his hybrid buggy army to fly the jumper.

Comment

Also torture go do wonders in securing an a GDO and IDC.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

The fact that people here are filling the plot hole, does indicate there is one. Its all very logical, but they were a lot more careful with opening the gate on SG-1. They've never done much with the IDC on Atlantis (have barely seen it used after S1/S2) so it's not all that strange that the writers didn't use it in this episode.

Comment

For the IDC code, you would expect they would have a different code to give under duress, especially since there's no way to check if it is correct or not!

They've never done much with the IDC on Atlantis (have barely seen it used after S1/S2) so it's not all that strange that the writers didn't use it in this episode.
          They did: Michael used Major Nelson's IDC

Comment

Ah, must've missed it then. I guess it makes more sense in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by Freek View Post
              The fact that people here are filling the plot hole, does indicate there is one. Its all very logical, but they were a lot more careful with opening the gate on SG-1. They've never done much with the IDC on Atlantis (have barely seen it used after S1/S2) so it's not all that strange that the writers didn't use it in this episode.
              umm no. The fact that you can fill in the blanks to someone else's perceived plothole means there wasn't one to begin with.

Comment

I wouldn't call this a plot hole in the logic of the show, it is something logicallly explainable off screen but is not explained in the episode because it is not relevant to the story at hand, you do have only x amount of minutes to tell the story of the week after all
                I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

WHo says he doesn't? I always suspected he had ATA gene capability. He had Carson. All the info he had could have been interogated out of him. I mean how did he steal it in the first place?

It is the IDC CODE I'm worried about how did he know which team was off base and what code they had could it be he captured that team? WHat became of them
                  Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by Freek View Post
                    If they don't spoon feed us an explanation then it's a plot hole, if they do then then there's too much techno-babble and exposition, the writers can't really win either way...

Comment

Since he stole the Puddlejumper from an offworld team then what if Michael cut a hand off an officer and somehow made the hand (with telepathy or something) dial the DHD and allowed the Puddlejumper to fly?

Too gruesome?

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                        Since he stole the Puddlejumper from an offworld team then what if Michael cut a hand off an officer and somehow made the hand (with telepathy or something) dial the DHD and allowed the Puddlejumper to fly?

Too gruesome?
                        He didn't steal the jumper from the offworld team, he stole it a while back from shepp and co. The only scenario that makes sense is that Carson supplied him with the info to make the gene.

Comment

Ahh I see, I see.

Though would have been cool if my scenario played out, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by strider2289 View Post
                            It's just anbother one of those things u have to say "meh" to. For to long I struggled to comprehend how the PTB leave things unexplained or simply contradict them. Then I realised TPTB arer morons...
                            Meh.

Comment

The reception wasn't to clear when I watched so I may be wrong.
                              Do we know for sure it was Michael piloting? Could it have been one of the Athosions piloting the jumper, surely there is a chance they could naturally have the gene.

Comment

Working...
                              X