X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Micheal's declatation of undying love to Teyla

(It was close enough!)

"I would very much like for you to come with me."
    I loved the scene where Micheal offers to take Teyla with him. He looked so hesitant and at the same time, came across as so evil. Did he seriously think that she's come with him? But he keeps trying to convince her.
    Also interesting is the fact that it didn't seem like he was going to force her to go with him. He doesn't want to be alone, but he wants her to come of her own free will. The anger and longing in these scene is driving me crazy!
    "You can care for your child, and I will care for the both of you."
    That line says it all!

In the end, however, his need for revenge beat it all out.
    sigpic
    Yeah... I know

First Toddifer. Now, Teychael? Miyla?

Comment

It's creepy is what it is. Michael is very obsessive-fan/stalker-ish when he's around Teyla.

Stalking =/= Love. Exept to Michael it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
        It's creepy is what it is. Michael is very obsessive-fan/stalker-ish when he's around Teyla.

Stalking =/= Love. Exept to Michael it is.
        It doesn't matter.

What matters is what we're going to call this pairing. Michla? Miyla? Teychael? Techael? Teylael? Mila?

I vote for Miyla! Because it sounds like a real name!

Comment

It was really sad and pitiful, it really showed just how much of a pariah he'd become that he'd try to cling to Teyla like that. All she ever did was be the slightest bit human toward him at the start, and despite all he's done to her and her team to him he still considers her his best and only prospect for someone who might not outright hate him simply for what he is. Ouch.

It's also worth pointing out that in the context of what Todd mentioned about the Wraith male psyche in "the queen" his complete isolation and universal rejection from both of the species he was trapped between likely hit him even worse than it would have a normal human. He was never a Wraith like Todd who seems to have grown naturally into his independance. He was just an ordinary male happily living as part of a hive when the whole situation was forced on him and he had to struggle to somehow adapt alone. It's no surprise he's emotionally imbalanced. He was dropped into this new life against his will without any idea how to handle it and with nobody to help im either physically or emotionally.

Comment

I agree with both Ouroboros and Reiko; Micheal is quite stalker-creepy and yet very pitiful at the same time. It's an interesting point that Ouroboros brought up about what Todd said about the male wraith. I've often wondered if Teyla was a replacement 'queen' in some way to his wraithy mind.

As for Fallen Angel, I have to disagree. I like 'Teal', it's short and easy to remember, and just like teal is a hybrid of two colors (blue and green) Teyla/Micheal are a hyrbid match of two species (human/wraith). Not to mention that their both hyrbids to some level...

I spelt 'Declaration' wrong in the thread title. Oh well, close enough.
            sigpic
            Yeah... I know

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
              It was really sad and pitiful, it really showed just how much of a pariah he'd become that he'd try to cling to Teyla like that. All she ever did was be the slightest bit human toward him at the start, and despite all he's done to her and her team to him he still considers her his best and only prospect for someone who might not outright hate him simply for what he is. Ouch.

It's also worth pointing out that in the context of what Todd mentioned about the Wraith male psyche in "the queen" his complete isolation and universal rejection from both of the species he was trapped between likely hit him even worse than it would have a normal human. He was never a Wraith like Todd who seems to have grown naturally into his independance. He was just an ordinary male happily living as part of a hive when the whole situation was forced on him and he had to struggle to somehow adapt alone. It's no surprise he's emotionally imbalanced. He was dropped into this new life against his will without any idea how to handle it and with nobody to help im either physically or emotionally.
              I think that the Michael represents the most tortuous symbol of the dichotomy that Wraith males who aren't drones face.

What I mean by this is that the Wraith are a combination of Human and social insect genetics, and thus male Wraiths who aren't drones are torn between the insect instinct, that makes them naturally desire to be submissive to the female queen, and the natural alpha male instint that Human males have to lead and be the social dominator.

And here lies the problem: living between the Wraith would be impossible for him even if the Wraith accepted him, because the retrovirus made him less insect and thus the Human male part of him became stronger, making him to naturally want to lead. Since it is impossible for males in Wraith society to become the supreme leader, living between the Wraith would be intolerable to him. Conversely, he can't live as a Human either, not only because lots of Humans would never accept him - as Ronon made it pretty clear - bt also because he hates Humans for what they did to him. Michael's case can best be defined as that of a frustrated alpha male who can't live as an alpha male in either society. Everything about Michael suggests that, if he decided to live among Humans and they accepted him, he would be an uber alpha. He has all the traits of an alpha male: the high intelligence, the assertiveness, courage, tenacity and his ability to charm and convince people. He is like the Wraith version of Lucius Cornelius Sulla, torn between siding with the plebs or the patricians because neither side accepts him fully. And while the Human Sulla eventually picked a side despite only being partially accepted and came out victorious, the Wraith Sulla wasn't so fortunate.

Comment

This is disturbing.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

It reminded me alot of Gul Dukat.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                    What matters is what we're going to call this pairing. Michla? Miyla? Teychael? Techael? Teylael? Mila?
                    better call it quits. Michael's dead. case closed

Comment

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                      better call it quits. Michael's dead. case closed
                      For the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                        For the moment.
                        Their is no way he survivied a fall from that height and his back was facing the ground as he fell. His spine would break into a million pieces.
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley
                          For the moment.
                          ascension ?

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            Their is no way he survivied a fall from that height and his back was facing the ground as he fell. His spine would break into a million pieces.
                            This is Sci Fi we are talking about...if you watched the trailer you know what is happening next week.
                            No one really stays dead, although I think he is deader then a door nail.

Originally posted by SoulRe@ver View Post
                            ascension ?
                            Among millions of other possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                              This is Sci Fi we are talking about...if you watched the trailer you know what is happening next week. No one really stays dead, although I think he is deader then a door nail. Among millions of other possibilities.
                              I always hated that cliche.
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X