Simulation - Prosecution vs. Defending Michael

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simulation - Prosecution vs. Defending Michael

Before I start this conversation, let me state that I am a teacher and one of the things I teach in school is to make sure that students are aware of biases in everything; media, where people stand, etc. Open-mindedness is important in any field we pursue. Therefore, this thread is something that I decided to create to spark some interest for you sci-fi friends out there:

Before you go on. Read my argument and then state your pro and against for Michael.

BACKGROUND:
    - In the episode (The Prodigal), instead of Michael dying, Michael is saved and is prosecued. State your reason why he should be defended OR prosecuted.

DEFENDED:
    "I have become what I am out of necessity"

Its close to a quote that most teachers here in Canada do talk about a lot. "I am who I am from what made me, me".

The meaning is that, I am who I am because of who made me - whether teachers have influenced me positively, my family, my friends, all of these factors made me who I am today.

It goes well with what Michael has said. He was a normal wraith feeding on people. But the reason why he had to do what he had to do was because the people of Atlantis turned him Human (changed who he was) in order to suit their needs. In the end, this own influence caused him to kill people in order to survive (not out of need to feed, but out to survive).
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

But he also had free will. When he started kidnapping Pegasus Galaxy inhabitants I think he lost that arguement.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I always liked that character and i thought that he had every right in the world to be angry.They made him a monster, half the beeing that he was.
      But when he started kiling people, while he was already half human himself, he lost part of the sympathy towards him.
      He could have taken a different road. He could have made different desicions.
      The Atlantians are to blame for his misery, especially after the second time, but he also was intelligent enough to avoid such a blood
      Spoiler:
      APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
      (YEAR 0 - 100)
      "O thou Sun,
      send me as far over the earth
      as is my pleasure and thine,
      and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
      but never hear anything of bad ones,
      nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

grrrrrrrrrr, sory for double posting.
        bloodshed*.
        Spoiler:
        APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
        (YEAR 0 - 100)
        "O thou Sun,
        send me as far over the earth
        as is my pleasure and thine,
        and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
        but never hear anything of bad ones,
        nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Although he did have the right to be angry i dont think he had the right to try and kill everyone in the Galixy.
          sigpic

Comment

Having bad things happen to you is not an excuse for genocide.
            I reject your reality and substitute my own.

Comment

Of course it's not a crime to turn himself into a hybrid. Nor is it much of a crime to kill off the Wraith out to kill him... or even battle the Atlantis expedition for their crimes against him.

But kidnapping innocent humans, experimenting on them, killing them and forcefully converting them into Hybrids? Those are all crimes.

Comment

Working...
              X