Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lemming Prophet/Lemming Slasher
    Posts
    8,147

    Default Why did they just lock the prisoners up?

    I mean, here we have some clearly military personnel and Ronon (and gate technicians) and you just lock them up in a room whose door you don't even bother to disable/blow up the control crystals for?!

    That's just asking for them to eventually wake up, bypass the locking mechanism and come after you!

  2. #2
    First Lieutenant talyn2k1's Avatar
    Member Since
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Currently between galaxies.
    Posts
    880

    Default Re: Why did they just lock the prisoners up?

    Quote Originally Posted by FallenAngelII View Post
    I mean, here we have some clearly military personnel and Ronon (and gate technicians) and you just lock them up in a room whose door you don't even bother to disable/blow up the control crystals for?!

    That's just asking for them to eventually wake up, bypass the locking mechanism and come after you!
    You need to remember that Michael wasn't expecting to be there as long as he was. The idea was to get in, grab Torren, set the self-destruct and get out. The encryption around the self-destruct was harder to crack than he had anticipated.
    The one thing that did bother me was, why didn't he just drop them outside the 'stun bubble'. They'd not only get some extra nap time from passing through the field, but they also wouldn't be anymore of a danger than the rest of Atlantis.

  3. #3
    Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lemming Prophet/Lemming Slasher
    Posts
    8,147

    Default Re: Why did they just lock the prisoners up?

    Quote Originally Posted by talyn2k1 View Post
    You need to remember that Michael wasn't expecting to be there as long as he was. The idea was to get in, grab Torren, set the self-destruct and get out. The encryption around the self-destruct was harder to crack than he had anticipated.
    He's a supposedly highly intelligent Evil Villain. He's supposed to be able to cover all bases, have backup plans and thinking outside of the box.

    You have to assume that something might and will go wrong as to not fail due to even the smallest of failures.

    Quote Originally Posted by talyn2k1 View Post
    The one thing that did bother me was, why didn't he just drop them outside the 'stun bubble'. They'd not only get some extra nap time from passing through the field, but they also wouldn't be anymore of a danger than the rest of Atlantis.
    This would've been a great solution, yes.

  4. #4
    Major General
    Member Since
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    12,439

    Default Re: Why did they just lock the prisoners up?

    He's surrounded by armed men, there was even a guard outside the door, I don't think it's unreasonable for him to assume that he had the situation under control.

  5. #5
    Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lemming Prophet/Lemming Slasher
    Posts
    8,147

    Default Re: Why did they just lock the prisoners up?

    Quote Originally Posted by jenks View Post
    He's surrounded by armed men, there was even a guard outside the door, I don't think it's unreasonable for him to assume that he had the situation under control.
    One guard... for the 20 or so people in that room. The point is that this is not smart military planning.

    The point is not that he was surrounded by armed men, the point is that there were 20 or so people in that room guarded by one single minion. If they escaped, he'd have 20 or so people ready to take him and his men on (for all he knew).

  6. #6
    Chief Master Sergeant Kratos_Goauld_of_War's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2008
    Location
    North Brookfield, Ma. USA
    Posts
    126

    Default Re: Why did they just lock the prisoners up?

    Yeah, but out of that 20 people....apparently only two could fight, that's a 10% chance of getting overrun. Not to mention it took to of em to take out the one hybrid and then Ronon got laid out. So Michael seemed to have things under control for the time being.


    The real question is. Why does Ronon always tried to pry open large locked doors?

    Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

  7. #7

    Default Re: Why did they just lock the prisoners up?

    Michael may have intended to interrogate some of the prisoners just in case he ran into a problem with the controls. However, he definitely should have killed Ronon.

  8. #8
    Brigadier General FallenAngelII's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Lemming Prophet/Lemming Slasher
    Posts
    8,147

    Default Re: Why did they just lock the prisoners up?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kratos_Goauld_of_War View Post
    Yeah, but out of that 20 people....apparently only two could fight...
    Doubtful. There were probably some military personnel in there as military personnel should be present near the gate at all times, just in case.

    Also, we only saw two of them fight because they were the first two to wake-up. Ronon brought several men with him, probably military or at least able to fight, to fight against the Hybrids.

    And, as far as we know, Michael is not psychic. He had no way of knowing how many out of those 20 or so people knew hand to hand combat.

    Quote Originally Posted by Giantevilhead View Post
    Michael may have intended to interrogate some of the prisoners just in case he ran into a problem with the controls. However, he definitely should have killed Ronon.
    Exactly, that bugged me too. We need less villains taking our heroes prisoner and not killing them outright for having slighted them one too many times. I mean, if I were a Big Bad and had captured Ronon, I'd have killed him on sight.

    I'm going to make Atlantis go all 'splody anyway, why not indulge myself and personally off my personal enemies?

  9. #9
    Major fumblesmcstupid's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2007
    Location
    in the closet with John and Rodney
    Posts
    2,947

    Default Re: Why did they just lock the prisoners up?

    I'm sure if Ronon, Woolsey or Banks had not been there they most likely would have, seeing the rest were all red shirts!

Similar Threads

  1. Prisoners (203)
    By GateWorld in forum SG-1 Season 2
    Replies: 153
    Last Post: June 18th, 2018, 02:52 PM
  2. Lock up your hand sanitizer...
    By iamdragonrider in forum Off-Topic Chatter
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: April 17th, 2008, 05:37 PM
  3. Abuse of Cylon prisoners goes unnoticed? (spoilers)
    By Prior3535 in forum Battlestar Galactica
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: April 14th, 2006, 09:20 AM
  4. An old enemy (in Lockdown)
    By LordAnubis in forum Stargate SG-1
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: July 23rd, 2004, 09:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •