The door to nowhere

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The door to nowhere

Why would the Ancients in all their infinite wisdom build a door at the top of the tower that leads absolutely nowhere? I must admit it was a cool place for that final fight though
    sigpic

For the view?

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Was it a door? I for one didn't really see how they suddenly got outside because I was so caught up in the epicness.
      sigpic

Comment

Suicide Point, it's where all the Lateans who failed at Ascending chose to end their lives. During their descent, some of them actually managed to Ascend, what with impending death looming.

Originally posted by Sasso View Post
        Was it a door? I for one didn't really see how they suddenly got outside because I was so caught up in the epicness.
        You clearly see the door opening when Michael passes through.

Comment

i bet there were some kind of circuits or something up there they needed to be able to reach in order to effect repairs etc! least thats the most logical explanation

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
          Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
          SG1 -

Comment

Originally posted by Cree View Post
            i bet there were some kind of circuits or something up there they needed to be able to reach in order to effect repairs etc! least thats the most logical explanation
            But that would beg the question: Why would you put circuits up there? And why the lack of railings?

Comment

Maybe it's a connector for one of the bridges that we saw in "Progeny":

But...

Didn't the "The Prodigal" clearly show that the gateroom was just below the top bridge in that picture, and about even with the lower bridge? If so, how could there be a bridge behind the gate in "Progeny" in one of the opening scenes when there isn't a bridge in the external shot?

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                Suicide Point, it's where all the Lateans who failed at Ascending chose to end their lives. During their descent, some of them actually managed to Ascend, what with impending death looming.
                Maybe this was the inspiration of the story the prior told us in "The Fourth Horseman." I can't remember it exactly, but it mentions someone who fell but on the way down grew wings.

Comment

I believe it was one of the tubes we saw in the episode where a Wraith hive-ship was growing out of keller. She probably didn't move in further because of the stun field

Comment

Emergency exit used with jumpers?!

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post

But...

Didn't the "The Prodigal" clearly show that the gateroom was just below the top bridge in that picture, and about even with the lower bridge? If so, how could there be a bridge behind the gate in "Progeny" in one of the opening scenes when there isn't a bridge in the external shot?

Yeah, you're right. I guess it was a messup and they just attached the bridges in convenient parts of the virtual model.

Vala,

Comment

Originally posted by rea View Post
                        Emergency exit used with jumpers?!
                        Looks too small for a jumper.

Comment

Originally posted by rsanchez View Post
                          Maybe this was the inspiration of the story the prior told us in "The Fourth Horseman." I can't remember it exactly, but it mentions someone who fell but on the way down grew wings.
                          "When Hannor Mir fell from above and learned to fly on the way down, that was a miracle."

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_305_0157.JPG

But...

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...l_305_0099.JPG
                            The problem with that theory is Atlantis doesn't have those bridges. It is possible though that they have them there for when they dock on a planet.

Maybe it's for parachuting? Ancients are know for their extreme sports....
                            Or maybe the Ancients were so far sighted that they knew it would be needed for an epic battle one day.
                            Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                              The problem with that theory is Atlantis doesn't have those bridges. It is possible though that they have them there for when they dock on a planet.
                              Atlantis isn't surrounded by a megalopolis, either.

Comment

Working...
                              X