• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edward (108)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON ONE
    EDWARD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 108

The Sanctuary is introduced to an artistically brilliant autistic savant after the young man's father kills himself. Henry struggles with the discovery that he is an abnormal.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 02:57 PM.

did no one watch this episode?
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I did. And I'm going to watch the repeat in an hour!

Comment

Originally posted by MyFavoriteWraith View Post
        I did. And I'm going to watch the repeat in an hour!
        that's great!

what did you think of it?
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey, I just watched it. I was actually wanting to post during but it wasn't open yet. lol.

So, for everyone who saw it, what'd you think? I, personally, loved it. and I watched it with my lil sis and we rewound and watched the part with "there is such a thing as before my time" and "cheeky monkey" about 8 times.

Did anyone else notice the Unas in the drawings? It was one of the ones on the hood of the car with cavanaugh (lorne from SGA) and then again on the wall at the Sanctuary. I swear it was an unas. and I thought I saw a wraith in there somewhere, but I was less sure about that one.... anyone else?

Loved the part with Ashley when she said that it wasn't the fact itself, but that she didn't learn it from Helen...

And I'd love to see more of Edward.

Comment

I'm here!

I loved it, have to say that Henry once again stole the show for me, although I enjoy seeing him as comic relief instead of so serious. I'm glad that he isn't going through with the surgery. I can't wait to see how that storyline develops.

I was surprised that we only saw one scene with Helen and Ashley. After last week's promo I thought it would play a bigger role in the story.

The new ep looks soooo awesome! Can't believe we have to wait TWO weeks!

Naddy, yep, I noticed the Unas too! Put a grin on my face! I love the SG references they're throwing in!

LOL, "cheeky monkey"!
            sigpic
            The Return of King Arthur
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

The episode just went off. I thought it was a good eppy It was a stand alone eppy until the end. We learned more about Henry. I believe Helen raised him since he was a child. Which is very cool! No wonder Ashley and Henry are like siblings. Touching moment in the library between Helen and Henry. I thought they did well showing how Henry was coming to terms with what he is changing into.

I thought Robbie was responsible for the dad's death, until the end. I loved that they were using wonderful sketches from Edward to piece the mystery together. They all had something to do in the episode. Helen, Will and Ashely were trying to solve Edward's case, with Edwards help of course. Henry uses his new found gift in the end to help the team. Big Foot, Helen, Ashely and Will all went to Henry to offer encouragement and concern. It's a close/ family atmosphere at the Sanctuary.

I do have to wonder who took the father's body and why? I wonder if it's the cabal?

Comment

I absolutely loved that "cheeky monkey". we (me and my sister) are compiling favourite quotes... "cheeky monkey", "few cups shy of a tea service"... I'm really looking forward to more ep's as I feel like they keep getting better...

speaking of which, we have to wait 2 weeks for a new one?!

Comment

That bit with Will and Helen was awesome. I love the way she said "cheeky monkey." because only someone who is Brittish can pull it off and not sound ridiculous

When I saw the Unas picture I was beyond happy. It was funny that the Stargate Guy was handing it to the new guy. It woulda been cool though, if Helen saw that and remarked that it looked familiar. That may have been too much but awesome anyway.

I also love the whole CSI mystery angle they took. They did it really really well. I was incredibly pleased by the whole thing. Especially the ending when they figured it all out.

I really don't want to wait 2 weeks for the next episode because it looks freaking amazing.
                  sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                    that's great!

what did you think of it?
                    I'm still kind of absorbing everything right now. I'm very much crushing on Henry so I loved how much he was in this ep. However, if I'm going to be honest, I think his arc almost eclipsed the "Edward" arc, timewise, anyway. I wouldn't have minded if they had maybe moved his decision about the surgery to the next ep and left a little more time for them to wrap up the ending. It felt a bit rushed. Also, the Sistine Chapel thing was a little corny, IMHO. (Warning: I have a BA in Art History so I can get kinda pretentious about stuff like this. lol) Maybe if it didn't look *exactly* like the real thing and was more his own style of rendering. Like Edwards photo-like charcoal drawings. Those were amazing! (And I'm totally going back to see if that was indeed a Wraith amongst those.)

As far as the show in general, I like it when they focus on the main character story arc and make the "abnormal of the week" arc smaller. As much as I'd like to see more abnormals on the show, I'm really invested in Helen, John, Ashley, Henry, Will and Bigfoot. They're just getting started and from what I've read, they've had to write these stories kind of on the fly. I think they've done an admirable job and I'm so happy it garnered them a second season. I just hope the balance starts to even out a bit.

And can I just squee one more time over Henry? ***squee!!!***

mfw

Comment

I thought that it was Helen pulling strings to get things covered up... do you think the Cabal was slowed down by the events in Rome? losing a bunch of people?

Comment

I hadn't really thought that it was the stargate guy passing on the pics but that's kinda funny....

if you look back to see if it's a wraith i think it was the one right after the unas on the car...

Comment

Just a little tidbit, but did anyone else notice if when Henry had his flashback of attacking the dragon creature, his nipple piercings suddenly disappeared? I could have sworn they did but perhaps I was simply seeing things (or NOT seeing things!)

Not that I was looking!
                          sigpic
                          The Return of King Arthur
                          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by Naddy View Post
                            I thought that it was Helen pulling strings to get things covered up... do you think the Cabal was slowed down by the events in Rome? losing a bunch of people?
                            I thought it was Helen too at first, but then Will seemed genuinely surprised... and the Cabal people were in the black SUVs in another eppy... The Sanctuary has one van. So that's why I thought of the cabal the mention of multiple black vehicles .... I may be way off lol but that's my thinking for now

Comment

OK, here's my review for Edward .

The episode starts with a "Previously on Sanctuary" with Helen saying the words again and a boy (Edward) drawing a picture of his dead father on the ground, and the father had a shotgun in his hand, the mom comes in, and we we get a close up of Edwards eyes.

I'm not gonna give too much away, so I'll talk about the big stuff . I that this was a great episode, I love the SFX, the science I loved how once again the show provided a lot of mystery, and it kept me guessing . I loved Helen's joke to Will at the beginning, she has the cutest face , I also loved Helen's scenes with Henry, she was so caring and worried about him, and how she touched his hand was so sweet and how she called him baby. At least that's what I think she said .

The scene with Helen and Ashley in the gun range was wicked, it's always hot seeing Helen with a gun , and I liked how after Ashley shot at the heart area of the target, Helen called her a heart breaker . The one and only scene that scared me was when , was when Edward shot heat vision out a Helen, and it burned her shirt, I almost screamed . I worry about her sometimes .

I can't wait for Requiem, I can't wait to see what Amanda gives us . Oh, here's a couple pics from the episode:

Spoiler:

Pics from Jumper one

She's been a bad girl .

Comment

Working...
                              X