No announcement yet.

The Five (107)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great episode. Thought Tesla was going to be a great character to add to the show, smart, snarky, someone from Helen's past --- then they kill him off. Or did they? That's what I was thinking the first time I saw it, but we know the answer now.

I liked the recurring theme of the number 3 because real-life Tesla was obsessed with 3.

Will: I'm not really in charge, am I.
    Then Biggie's reaction. Loved that.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

Nikola wants to make more vampires - which you know, is really the beginning of ash's fate....you think the trust didn't find out what he wanted, a loyal and smart army...and ash is the collateral damage. Wonder if Helen ever realized that Nikola's experiment cost her her daughter?

But did they really get the idea from Nikola? I don't think that necessarily true. Helen did find out about his experiment but we never see her blaming him for what happened with Ashley, and she doesn't seem the type to mince words if she had felt that way.
    sigpic
    Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post

I'm sure there was some fallout between Helen and Will with his being left out of Henry's secrets since he was so insistent that Helen reveal everything to him. Can't say I blame Henry, I wouldn't want the newbie to know my secrets especially when it is one I'm having a hard time coming to terms with.
      There's some doctor-patient confidentiality going there. I thought Will was being kind of an ass.

Comment

Originally posted by NumberSix View Post

But did they really get the idea from Nikola? I don't think that necessarily true. Helen did find out about his experiment but we never see her blaming him for what happened with Ashley, and she doesn't seem the type to mince words if she had felt that way.
        We don't know where they got the idea from. But he was trying to make a super soldier, but his created vamps were obedient but stupid. the cabal was chasing him, clearly seeing his experiments as either a threat or something they wanted to get their hands on, then just a few months later they are doing one of their own, rewriting Ash's DNA to make her an obedient but smart soldier.

don't know if the show even put it together, I know I didn't the first time I watched it, but this time, knowing the ultimate ending, it seemed that nikola's experiment was a precursor to the cabal's.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Helen and Tesla at the very least drew attention of the Cabal to the source blood with their resistance to the Cabal forces in Rome. If they didn't know about the source blood before they had to find out about it from this incident to have the plans in place when they went after Ashley.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
            There's some doctor-patient confidentiality going there. I thought Will was being kind of an ass.

Yes I agree and from Biggie's actions; I'd say he thought so too .
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              We don't know where they got the idea from. But he was trying to make a super soldier, but his created vamps were obedient but stupid. the cabal was chasing him, clearly seeing his experiments as either a threat or something they wanted to get their hands on, then just a few months later they are doing one of their own, rewriting Ash's DNA to make her an obedient but smart soldier.

don't know if the show even put it together, I know I didn't the first time I watched it, but this time, knowing the ultimate ending, it seemed that nikola's experiment was a precursor to the cabal's.
              JanSam: Helen and Tesla at the very least drew attention of the Cabal to the source blood with their resistance to the Cabal forces in Rome. If they didn't know about the source blood before they had to find out about it from this incident to have the plans in place when they went after Ashley.
              Could have been. I guess I was thinking of Nikola's comment later (in End of Nights) to Henry how the Cabal had been planning this move for decades. That's why I thought they maybe didn't get the idea from him. But then maybe he had also been working on his vampires for decades too. Or maybe he got the idea from them, since he was watching them and they were watching him, and both Nikola and the Cabal were working on it at the same time.
              sigpic
              Thanks to yamiinsane for my lovely sig.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55 View Post
                i can kind of see where will was coming from. he was trying to make sure henry wasn't the attacker. but he should have also respected henry's privacy more than he did.

i never thought about where the kobal got their idea to make the soldiers. it makes sense that they were planning on doing it for decades, but it wasn't until nickola's research that they were able to put it into action. as for blaming nickola for what happened to ashley, i don't think helen does. she knows that wasn't nickola's attent and that the kobal probably stole his research.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X