• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Five (107)

Visit the Episode GuideSANCTUARY SEASON ONE
    THE FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 107

Helen connects with an old friend in Rome, only to learn that he is being hunted by the Cabal. While Will investigates a bizarre incident at the Sanctuary, John Druitt abducts Ashley and reveals his history with her mother.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 10 April 2011, 02:58 PM.

ooh, vampires

and how helen got to be as she is
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Liked the episode, but I'm a little confused. What's Henry's abnormality? Being able to survive jumping through windows? I think I blinked and missed it.
      *~*

*~*

Spoiler:
      *~*
      sigpic
      *~*
      photo manip by SGKawoosh, based on my crazy dream about the Earth being destroyed and the Asgard, wearing flannel and jeans, saving SG-1. Yah, my dreams are usually that messed up.

Comment

Me too! I'm not sure what he was, but it seemed like he kinda had a furry/dark coat that disappeared after he tackled the monster (Who by the way, simply slithered off outside. Wonder what happened to it!)

Haha, the Vampires reminded me of the Wraith!

I was glad that this was the first ep where I thought all of the characters were used to their full extent. Everyone was used, and had a good amount of screen-time. Nice character work for Henry, and I can't wait to see how Ashley's going to react in the next ep, knowing that John's her father.

Edit: Oops! Just watched the ep again! Must have missed the first time they said that they tracked the monster after it escaped! That explains everything!
        Last edited by SamJackShipper93; 14 November 2008, 09:04 PM.
        sigpic
        The Return of King Arthur
        Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
        acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

There was a lot of info in this episode! I have lots of questions... lol so have to see it again in an hour. Everyone was busy in this episode and I really liked all three story lines. So Helen, John, Watson, Nichola, and forgot the other guy are part of the Five... very interesting! I loved the end. I was thinking Ashley wasn't going to take Helen's hand. You could see the emotions/turmoil on both of their faces... great scene. Great EPISODE!

EDIT saw the 2nd airing and the parts I missed:
          I thought Nichola lended well to Helen being "sexy and unapologetic" - lol but apparently she has her standards Cool that Helen created the serum. She wasn't a student and yet the men that make up the Five, along with Helen, were enrolled and trusted her. Just the fact that they included her as one of the brightest scientists, when the school prohibited women from enrolling ... well advanced for their time.

The Sane John is very appealing! I can see Why Helen fell for him. Have to wonder, like others, if it will last?? I just have this feeling it will not .... Should be some interesting Helen & John .... John & Ashley ... Helen & Ashley scenes coming up!!
          Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 14 November 2008, 09:26 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Christopher Heyerdahl ws in top form in this episode. Great acting skills. Loved his scenes with Ashley. Oh, and "Hello Nichola" was simply awesome.

The Henry bit was interesting. Was he like Bigfoot? I saw a bunch of fur for a split second but I wasn't entirely sure.
            Rush rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by lirenel View Post
              Liked the episode, but I'm a little confused. What's Henry's abnormality? Being able to survive jumping through windows? I think I blinked and missed it.
              Clearest cap I could get...it happens so fast so don't blink.

Don't look if you don't want to know.

Spoiler:

Looks to me that our beloved Henry is a werewolf

Great episode! Everyone did a awesome job. I didn't want the episode to end.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infernorhythm View Post
                Christopher Heyerdahl ws in top form in this episode. Great acting skills. Loved his scenes with Ashley. Oh, and "Hello Nichola" was simply awesome.

The Henry bit was interesting. Was he like Bigfoot? I saw a bunch of fur for a split second but I wasn't entirely sure.
                Yeah Chris does a wonderful job as John. I really like all the characters! I wonder what had the calming effect on John? He said Ashley could explain... did I miss something (which is possible phone call during one of Ashley/John scenes.)

I think we find out more about Henry next week, but yeah kinda reminded me of Bigfoot. Should be good episode next week as well!
                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 14 November 2008, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Really good episode tonight. It is nice to have some answers come forward. I loved the vampire thing, Christopher Heyerdahl is simply amazing as John (actually, he's amazing in pretty much every role), and Henry got a whole lot more interesting. I think he is definitely a werewolf.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by JanSam View Post
                    Clearest cap I could get...it happens so fast so don't blink.

Don't look if you don't want to know.

Spoiler:

Looks to me that our beloved Henry is a werewolf

Great episode! Everyone did a awesome job. I didn't want the episode to end.
                    Sounds about right. It would be an interesting dynamic. The question is, what about the moon?

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                    Yeah Chris does a wonderful job as John. I really like all the characters! I wonder what had the coming effect on John? He said Ashley could explain... did I miss something (which is possible phone call during one of Ashley/John scenes.)

I think we find out more about Henry next week, but yeah kinda reminded me of Bigfoot. Should be good episode next week as well!
                    Helen was confused about John being alive (her blood was supposed to have crippled him). As John explained to Ashely, Nichola rescued and tended to John. He said that his rage had died off in his recovery, so I guess he had an epiphany.
                    Rush rocks.

Comment

Loved this episode...

Loved seeing Druitt's softer side...though I suspect it won't last.

Loved learning about The Five, and that Helen was part of it. Tells us a little about her, eh? A real risk-taker...perhaps a bit dark herself.

Loved Ashley realizing who her daddy was - I liked that she figured it out, without John telling her (under the circumstances). See, he needed her help, and knew that telling her would blow her mind and probably make her lash out at him more. Smart man to not pull out his 'secret weapon', but to have Ashley realize it herself, without him around.

Henry - with nipple and bellybutton peircings. I actually found it kinda...hot. I think he was a sort of werewolf (it would fit into the vampire theme of the ep). I hope they don't kill him off, I really like Henry lots.

The vampires - yeah, in some ways (the raised hand, for instance), they reminded me of Wraith...and their argument that humans are no better than vampires reminded me of - me. But they were not beautiful like Wraith, and certainly not nearly as regal. Gimme Wraith any day!

And Bigfoot - LOVED him! Chris is totally blowing my mind in this show, especially now as he's beginning to have more development as Bigfoot...some entertaining moments with him in this one.

Still a lot to absorb - need to watch it again!

das
                      sigpic

Comment

i came online today about 3 something, only to realize i didn't have internet. so i worked on it, worked on it, called my cable company, brought my modem in to get another, set that up, didn't work, called again and was told that many ppl in my city were suffering from the same prob, it would prob be fixed in 2 hours, wasn't, watched 'nubbins' , am watching 'ghost whisperer', messed with some stuff again to reconnect, the connection came back, not sure if it was me or the cable company suddenly fixing prob...

which all leads to me coming online (FINALLY!), but i'm afraid to read too many reviews because i want to be surprised...

so one hour and 12 minutes till i see 'the five'!!
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

I still wonder who controls the cabal? I was thinking it was the Five lol of course it still could be. We at least know 2 of the 5 are ruled out. But looking forward to learning that... I kinda like that there are now 2 groups of baddies for Sanctuary to worry about beyond the normal daily chaos running of the Sanctuary. Leaves lots of fun for our characters!
                          Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 14 November 2008, 09:47 PM.

Comment

this is the best TV show around. This ep was amazing.

Comment

Chris Heyerdahl is exceptional as Druitt, but Emilie's (Ashley) acting still bothers me. Overall though, great episode!

Comment

Working...
                              X