• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

'Brain Storm' (516) General Discussion

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 516

Rodney returns to Earth with Jennifer to witness the triumph of his rival, who believes he has solved the problem of global warming. But when the new technology goes horribly awry, Rodney must help shut down the deadly weather device.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:39 AM.

cliched, heavy handed green week entry, predictable and rodney still annoys the crud out of me

but the rodney/keller bits were cute, abouot all that saved it from being totally cringe worthy
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

MILE HIGH CLUB!!!!

I think I'm going to hyperventilate now

Holy crapola that was more McKeller than I could have ever hoped for in one single freakin episode!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Green week message annoyed me to, cute episode, but the one thing that pissed me off, "I used a big ax it was really cool!" He fires a gun on a daily basis for gods sake!

Comment

A very smart and scientific episode!

Vala,

Comment

The rest of it may not have been awesome, but HOLY CRAPOLA the McKeller!!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Finally!!!!

Canon ship!

I think I may have the squeee...

Comment

I thought the episode would be okay until the very end. Way to shove McKeller. I totally ignore the McKeller aspect and treat them indvidually it was a decent story. Nothing spectacular but wasn't terrible. However McKeller makes it just a little bit better then Whispers and proving that Stargate can't write decent ships.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Best line?

"Watch who you're correcting Science Guy, at least my Ph.D isn't honourary!"

Robert: So, do the Wraith feed on fear, or just life in general?
                  Me: Just life in general. But they'd probably prefer that their victims be scared.
                  Robert: So, it's like marinating them, then?

http://raethie.deviantart.com/

Comment

This was one of the best episodes of the season. Totally Mckay/Keller.

Loved the "cameo" of Stephen Hawking, great stuff

And any scene with Bill Nye was genius "I'm an engineer! I can do the math!"

Ending was the best, Mckay got some. You go boy, you go.

Comment

And the point of this travesty of a Stargate Atlantis episode that had nothing to do with Stargate Atlantis was......................... what?
                      What?
                      The Keller and McKay ship is just the most awful, cringeworthy boat to ever sail the Stargate sea.
                      I'd pay good money to be Brainwashed into never having seen Brainstorm.
                      Why couldnt' we have had Ronon and Shep surfing for 45 minutes instead???????????? Make about as much sense as this gawdawful thing.
                      Maybe Martin Gero thought he was writing his movie Young People F****** and forgot this was Stargate????
                      sigpicGadget

Comment

To be honest, it was just alright for me. There were some moments that were great. Bill and Neil guest starring was icing on the cake for me since I admire both. Some of the moments between Keller and Rodney were nice too. But overall, it is probably gonna end up in the bottom portion of my season 5 favorites. It's a shame because there were some great moments in it.

But come to think of it, this season has been so good with excellent episodes. Maybe those excellent episodes pushes "Brain Storm", a good episode, downward. It would make sense actually.

So yeah, alright episode.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                        and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Gawd awful.

Nothing else to say.

Comment

Originally posted by Pandora's_Box View Post
                            The rest of it may not have been awesome, but HOLY CRAPOLA the McKeller!!!!
                            Holy Crapola indeed, that was CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111
                            sigpicGadget

Comment

I actually really enjoyed the episode. I loved the scenes between Rodney and Jennifer. And I think what Rodney was going for with the axe thing is, yeah he uses guns, but it's a manly thing. Bigger is better type of deal. A cliche that is used very often.

None the less, I enjoyed it thoroughly. My opinion of course. *smiles and nods*
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X