Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, what if Michael has clones, like Ba'al did??????
    He would be stupid to go into Atlantis without a backup plan. He always does!

I am hoping that senario will play out in a movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael'sQueen View Post
      Also, what if Michael has clones, like Ba'al did??????
      He would be stupid to go into Atlantis without a backup plan. He always does!

I am hoping that senario will play out in a movie.
      Micheal was power mad I don't think he would want a clone he considered himself equal. Megalomantics tend to want all the power for themself.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Late ... but I watched this ... at last...

A few of my personal thoughts shall now follow:

* Ronon and mission reports -> not a good combination which the ending proofs. Exactly what I would have expected from him.

* BELGIAN FLAG & HEIGHTMEYER'S CORRIDOR (you know that part of the set that was also Kate's office on occasion)

* Rodney needs to work out more

* Michael looks mutilated.
        He started out strong but weakened towards the end, and I don't mean that he begged for Teyla to join him like a lost little Wraith-Hybrid-puppy, but I mean that the character Michael weakened considerably in my eyes. He lost his identity.

* So, Amelia kicks ass now - interesting.

* I would have thought there'd be more Teyla-action and I am therefor disappointed that all she did was hold Torren and pretty much do nothing at all. I half hoped she'd hand the little critter to Woolsey and turn back to kick that hybrid's ass. But she didn't... ...there went all the action I had hoped to see.

* Rodney and John moment with the cars in the beginning and at the end - sweet!

* the hand-to-hand on top of the tower was just a little over the top for me, a little too clich� if you ask me (like Torren making a sound when Teyla is hiding - also very clich� - there was a spontaneous eye-roll even).

* Teyla eventually being the one to end Michael - very poetic - cold hard look as she kicks his hands. I must say she looked very much like Catwoman there (though I have no idea whether Catwoman would do something like that) - very Comic Book Heroine like if you will.

Overall, not a bad episode but it just missed something... I just can't put my finger on it. Not entirely convinced it was good enough for my liking. My sister said she recognized classic SGA but I'm not entirely convinced.

Maybe after I have seen it a few more times (at least 4 more times anyway) I may change that thinking but I doubt it - it was sorta disappointing. I had expected more. I was left hanging... *shrug*
        I agree. As much as I did like this eppy just for the pure Sheppiness in it , there still did seem to be something missing. Overall though, one of the better episodes of season 5.
        sigpic

Comment

Cool ep, and I loved the Michael storyline. It's a relief to see the end of him, though. Teyla's kicks were cool. So were Banks' for that matter.
          sigpic

Comment

It was nice to see the use of the IDC against Atlantis. I have always thought that SG1 and SGA need a better and more secure way to let people through the gate. Just using this code seems to have a lot of risk associted with it.
            At the moment it is Phobos (though time is limited; it is suppose to crash into Mars in the next 100 million years )

Comment

It was also used against them in the Eye/storm.

Comment

Well, that was kind of a dark ending for an episode. But it was a good episode anyways.

Shep and Teyla teaming up to beat the crap out of Michael. I thought there was dialogue from Teyla (about her son and stuff) before she killed Michael.

Tomorrow, another episode of which I'm drawing a blank about.
                sigpic

Comment

So Micheal's miserable life ends where it started, on Atlantis.

His incursion into the city was cleverly done, wasn't sure how he would pilot the hijacked puddle jumper though without the Ancient gene. Did he get the recipe for it from Beckett when he held him prisoner? I guess he must have.

One thing Michael should have taken more seriously, never come between a mother and her child! He paid the price and Teyla made sure of it without a second thought when she kicked his hands off that ledge and watched him fall to his death with grim satisfaction!

This invasion didn't have the same dramatic air about it that the Geni invasion did. The brutality of the Geni invasion made it more intense, they really didn't care who got in their way and there was true antagonism between Koyla, Weir and Sheppard, it was missing with Michael, especially given Michael's intense hatred of the Atlantean's for what they did to him. He was pretty tame as far as dealing with them. compared to what he was doing to other human worlds. He didn't kill all the people in the gate room for a start, why not do that if he was going to blow the city up anyway, why would he care to keep them alive, even putting them in a room to awaken and escape?!

He should have listened to his minion, take the baby and get out of Dodge!

Comment

Midweek, another ep of Atlantis.

1. The power going out like it did was cool.

2. Michael was way too Evil Overlord here.

3. Also nuts which probably explains some of his strategy in this ep.

4. The last time we'd really seen Teyla kick butt for a while but of all people to kick the butt of..."man, you know he dead!".
                    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Not a bad ep. Finally the end of Michael. He sure was the resourceful bugger.

Ronon at the start: I'm not good at writing. I'm not good at talking either. Haha.

Ronon getting beaten in not only 1 fight but 2 fights. Very odd.

I didn't even realise Keller wasn't in the ep until Woolsey mentioned her at the end.

Nice ending
                      sigpic

Comment

I remember some Wraith Defenders (who are creepy BTW) saying that Micheal could still be alive. I know they Micheal to be the Apophis of SGA but their is not way a person could survive a fall that high into the ocean. I don't care how good Wraith regeneration abilities are. It was an okay episode. I just remember thinking it was a little too easy for how the hybrids infiltrated Atlantis. Besides that it was a good episode. I like the concept of creating a stun field around the Control room. It seems consistent with Wraith tech. Micheal's whole speech of the blood on Atlantis hands doesn't hold anymore. At one point it did but when he committed mass genocide to the Pegasus Galaxy with the Hoffan drug he lost that moral ground. I remember thinking Ronon most have gotten soft. In the old days he could have beaten Micheal no problem. Finally it should have been more of a Teyla v Micheal instead of her coming out at the last second given how personal Teyla had been with him over the years. I love the idea of using another Puddle Jumper to destroy another one. This is one of the rare gems of S5. Its a great episode and I was happy to see Micheal go. Felt like he had gone on long enough
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

From Joe Mallozzi's Blog:

Photo of Michael and minions

THE PRODIGAL (514)
                          One of the high points of Atlantis’s fifth season was this episode (compliments of Executive Producer Carl Binder) that saw the return of Michael, one of the show’s most colorfully nuanced villains. The episode includes Michael and Ronon going a mano a mano in the control room followed by tower-top battle between Michael and Sheppard. While the latter was being shot, at one point, Joe Flanigan’s stuntman lost his balance and went off the tower (fear not, he was cabled and there were some nice comfy mats to cushion his fall), which prompted actor Connor Trinneer to throw up his arms and triumphantly proclaim: “I win!”.

Teyla’s decision to – let’s not mince words here - murder Michael engendered a fair amount of controversy. Was she justified in her actions? Did the fact that she was a mother protecting her child color your opinion of her actions?

Photos:

Setting up the big radio-controlled car showdown (photo courtesy MGM Television)

Boys and their toys (photo courtesy MGM Television)

Michael comes out on top (photo courtesy MGM Television)

Michael marshals the troops (photo courtesy MGM Television)
                          sigpic

Comment

YES!
                            Great episode. Good action scenes, and also some very fine humor. This is one of the best written episodes ever...

I knew Michael wasn't dead. I still got surprised to see him again.

And Ronon usually isn't getting his a** kicked like that.

Teyla did the right thing in the end, any parent would have done it. I'm happy she didn't give a goodbye speech.
                            I also loved when she kicked the guy down the stairs to Woolsey, good thinking.

The fight in the end was kind of cool. I had hoped for McKay to show up in the jumper, though.

I missed Keller in this ep.

The radio-controlled car race was a good idea. Instead of always playing golf
                            Last edited by Cluas; 26 February 2013, 03:59 AM. Reason: spelling

Comment

"Mission report: Michael invaded Atlantis... tried to blow it up. We stopped him. End of report."

I have to stop and slow clap that real fast...

Loved this episode. It was nice to see Michael back since he clearly didn't die the last time we saw him. LOVED how he awkwardly propositioned Teyla. I was dying. I ship it. Hahahah.

The action scenes were really fun. I especially loved when they finally were able to infiltrate the gate room. That sequence of events played out really well and the direction was excellent.
                              sigpic
                              [call me loser.]

Comment

Working...
                              X