This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why did you start watching SA?

I'm sat here at 5am sucking on a lolly that tastes disgusting but for some reason I can't stop putting in my mouth and I started wondering why everyone first decided to watch Stargate Atlantis.

The only reason I did was because I turned on the tv and saw Mckay getting shot in the butt which just cracked me up so much I had to carry on watching.
    sigpic < Look what happens when you cancel stargate atlantis.

Mirror Mirror is a great maybe a little complicated but great.

I didn't have cable for awhile and I had missed most of SG-1. So Atlantis was the first Stargate series I had watched in a while and It was the first I had seen from start to finish albeit on syndication.

Comment

I started because it was a Stargate-based show... and it looked pretty cool.

Anubis 10545 on Stargate Wiki - A database for all Stargate knowledge.

Comment

A family member convinced me to watch an episode, and I was hooked by the characters and the idea of Atlantis, one of my favorite myths. Sat down and watched the first three seasons in the month between my first episode and season four's airing.

Comment

It happened to be on when I got back with the pizza.

Comment

Having never seen any blog or forum such as GateWorld, I assumed SGA was a SG-1 Movie, not a stand-alone series. So I quite excitedly sat and watched something completely different to what I was expecting, and have been hooked to what soon become one of my favourite TV series of all time ever since!

Comment

Cos i had watched SG1 from the age of 7...
              Meh.

Comment

The city of the ancients was such an important quest for SG-1. Why wouldn't I want to see what they did with Atlantis once they found it. And SG-1 seasons 9 and 10 just were unsatifying for me.

Comment

because i was a huge fan of SG-1 and my mate who had already watched the first season said it was even better than SG-1. Little liar!
                  The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Giza1928 View Post
                    The city of the ancients was such an important quest for SG-1.
                    I agree there was so much build up between Full Circle and Lost City, that i got excited to finally see that the lost city of the ancients, and what it was like and what happened to it.

Thats something id wish they would have done with SGU i.e. give some hint or have some sort of quest looking for its location leading into SGU itself

Comment

My bf was watching The Defiant One and I walked in on the very end of the episode and it seemed quite good, so then I watched the next episode which was Hot Zone, and loved McKay especially, and was hooked.
                      sigpic

Comment

I decided to check out SGA because I was intrigued by the whole idea of finding the city,and was keen to see what wonders and difficulties lay ahead for the team stranded (supposedly) in the Pegasus Galaxy.

I knew TH from TekWars and The English Patient ,and had loved DH as McKay in SG-1.Icing on my cake was that Robert Patrick was to play Marshall Sumner.

Liked it ( mostly)...stayed for the first four seasons,and will catch up on S5 at some point .
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

The first time I watched SGA was on April 15th,2005 on a french channel.Honestly,I didn't like SG1 very much!so I wasn't really exited when I saw the trailer but there was nothing interesting on TV that night,so I decided to try it....at the end of the episode(rising) I was SMITTEN!!since then I LOVE this show,I can't stop talking about it all the time!+I always watch each episode again and again.....it's my favorite one!!

Comment

I watched the first episode aired in the Uk-I got bored very quickly and watch my box sets of SG-1 instead

Comment

I started watching Stargate Atlantis only this August on our local TV sci-fi channel - and from the first sight I became a fan. thanks to John Sheppard))) Well, to be more precose I watched one episode some time before - wen I was in Hamburg on a business trip this May. It was Season 1 "Hide and Seek" - I just loved this episode (although it was in German and I do not speak this language very well). Again I noticed John Sheppard (and already at that time I knew I would sooner or later become a fan) - and then, in August it finally started!!!!

I just love the show, I have watched all the TV show already twice and I simply cannot get tired of it!!!
                              A new gate will open. A lost city will rise again.

Atlantis is calling...

Comment

Working...
                              X