This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Earth stupid in threads?

They knew that Anubis was about to wipe out every living thing in the galaxy including everything on earth. They mentioned in reckoning / threads (cant remember which one) that they agreed not to use the time machine to get rid of the replicator problem becuase it could just make things worst. Given that anubis was almost definitly going to succeed once the Jaffa fell for Anubis's plan should earth not have immediatly used the time machine? They were extremly lucky and it seems it was a bit idiodic of them not to use it.

Im not saying that this is the way the writers should have gone but just asking if people think earth was stupid for not using it.

Originally posted by redrama9 View Post
    They knew that Anubis was about to wipe out every living thing in the galaxy including everything on earth. They mentioned in reckoning / threads (cant remember which one) that they agreed not to use the time machine to get rid of the replicator problem becuase it could just make things worst. Given that anubis was almost definitly going to succeed once the Jaffa fell for Anubis's plan should earth not have immediatly used the time machine? They were extremly lucky and it seems it was a bit idiodic of them not to use it.

Im not saying that this is the way the writers should have gone but just asking if people think earth was stupid for not using it.
    I thought they were stupid for not constanly dialing the Alpha Site when they thought Anubis was going to kill all life in the Galaxy.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
    Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Threads was more of a tie personal interactions up nice and neat rather than a focus on the larger storyline. I was ok with that. LOL!
      sigpic
      Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

LOL..... Earth should have used that time machine a lot more than they did, to be honist.

They could have solved soooo many probs with it, as much as the whole, "dont disturb the time line thing", i should imagine if our goverments where to get there hands on it the integraity of the timeline would be an after thought!!!!

Thank God for SCI FI!!!
        A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

Comment

I'm glad the writers didn't use the time machine in too many stories. It's too much of a cop-out to be able to do something and then use the time machine to re-do or un-do it.
          sigpic
          Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

I thought it was ridiculous they didn't use it when the Replicators were overrunning the Galaxy but did when... they kinda wanted a ZPM they didn't have and didn't know what happened to.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

They probably could not have gotten it to work till that point.

Comment

Originally posted by razzel_daxxel View Post
                LOL..... Earth should have used that time machine a lot more than they did, to be honist.

They could have solved soooo many probs with it, as much as the whole, "dont disturb the time line thing", i should imagine if our goverments where to get there hands on it the integraity of the timeline would be an after thought!!!!

Thank God for SCI FI!!!
                Too many complications for the present timeline, and the possibility if they did use it that they'd create even bigger problems than were already present. One of the big questions with time travel: if we mess with the past, will we make the present better or worse? An unanswerable question, really.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                  They probably could not have gotten it to work till that point.
                  But Colonel Carter more ore less flat out said the reason they weren't using it was because they didn't want to risk altering the timeline.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    But Colonel Carter more ore less flat out said the reason they weren't using it was because they didn't want to risk altering the timeline.
                    And to extend this comment, whatever they changed in the past could have caused SG1 and everyone they knew to cease to exist. And the present could have been changed in unimaginable ways for the worse.

Comment

Too confusing to the viewers

Go Green

Comment

Working...
                      X