Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Selling Technology to the Travellers - Lets be Arms Dealers in the Pegasus Galaxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Selling Technology to the Travellers - Lets be Arms Dealers in the Pegasus Galaxy

How come this haven't been mentioned yet. How come we can't be Arms Dealers for the Pegasus Galaxy.

I've broken down my points as follows:

Spaceships, Specifically small ships - Only to the Travellers
    - How come we haven't talked about the idea of selling small, outdated ships to the travellers? Like for instance, we sell them similar designs like an Al'kesh sized ships with travellers weapons?
    - How about small fighters like the F302 (but with crappy crappy technologies added to it)?

Again, we don't want ships overpowering us, but at the same time, we want to broker another guy to do battle with the wraith.

Guns Guns Guns - To people in the Galaxy
    - I understand C4 was a bad idea to the Genii, but how about smaller arms like P90s? How come we haven't sold them out to people?

Knowing from what we have seen with the Alliance, how come we haven't decided to give them something like small arms in place for stuff we need?
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Originally posted by McSwift View Post
    How come this haven't been mentioned yet. How come we can't be Arms Dealers for the Pegasus Galaxy.

- How come we haven't talked about the idea of selling small, outdated ships to the travellers? Like for instance, we sell them similar designs like an Al'kesh sized ships with travellers weapons?
    - How about small fighters like the F302 (but with crappy crappy technologies added to it)?

Again, we don't want ships overpowering us, but at the same time, we want to broker another guy to do battle with the wraith.

- I understand C4 was a bad idea to the Genii, but how about smaller arms like P90s? How come we haven't sold them out to people?

Knowing from what we have seen with the Alliance, how come we haven't decided to give them something like small arms in place for stuff we need?
    Well, we still use P90's, and F-302s are pretty advanced. besides, we wouldn't get anything out of it.
    Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
    encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
    3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
    4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
    5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

well the travelers have no need for 302s + the have one of the best hand weapans in stargate so why would they want p90s ?

Comment

It would be like selling Nukes to kids-what would the Tollan and the Asgard say????????????

Comment

It would be like selling Nukes to kids-what would the Tollan and the Asgard say????????????
          That they dont trade with dumb ass peoeple, the Asgard gave tech to us and they survived longer than the Tollan's, maybe thats saying someting.

Maybe Earth should look into buying some hand held engergy weapons, like the Travalers and the Satadens!!!!????
          A Proud Supporter of "Fan-Slash-Fiction" Since 1998

sigpic

Comment

Well, we would give our tech to others, certainly not the Asgard, and the other tech we obtained is no match for the Wraith. I doubt the US military would give the travelers a 302/304

Comment

I wouldn't give the BC304 to the Travellers. But the United States do sell obsolete ships and technologies to other nations right.

Why can't we do the same. Remember when we have the BC303? Remember how useless that ship was? It was just a large ship with ring transportation, asgard beams, some missiles, and a railgun.

How come we can't build something smaller than the BC303, with crappy weapons, and very primitive shields. We don't even have to include an intergalactic hyperdrive, just give them a basic one.

The Travellers want a ship so that they can maintain a larger population. Why can't we provide it to them. If they want to have their weapons on their ship, they can do that.

I would think the Travellers is resilent enough to do this.

Pro for US Government
              - Someone else can do the fighting for us
              - We don't have to lose resources and lives fighting against the wraith
              - Potential long lasting ally

We've done this before. Remember the Iraq / Iran War? We supplied weapons to the Iraqis to attack to Iranians.
              Subspace Energy Technology Thread
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

Comment

I don't think that there is a common currency in the Pegasus Galaxy, so it would have to be a trade. What would Earth get in exchange for their weapons? The technology of the travelers is less advanced then that of Earth, and Earth does have the knowledge to build energy based handweapons, so they don't really need the Travelers energy guns. So far the on piece of technology that might be of interest is the teleportation device. But it is not known who build them, and it is likely that the Ancients in their 30 million years of scientific research invented something like it.

They should only trade technology when they really need something of another race that they can't build themselves.

Also it would be very unwise to sell weapons to other races, because they maybe Atlantis' allies now, but they might not be in the future.
                sigpic

Comment

those handheld traveler weapons are always handy to have, heck you could put mini sized ones on the p-90 similar to the kull energy weapons they put on in sg-1 or just the stun version on it

they are quite good in shield technology so theyre are some benifits but on the other hand so is earth
                  sigpic

Comment

Considering what we saw in The Lost Tribe...
                    Spoiler:
                    The Travelers seem to have quite the tech level already.

As for being arms dealers in Pegasus...
                    Spoiler:
                    That may be exactly what we'll become now following Inquisition.
                    sigpic
                    More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

I think we should give the Travelers intergalactic hyperdrive technology in exchange for some of their ships. Earth's major disadvantage is that it builds ships way to slow and we could use some extra ships in our fleet. Those ships could be retrofited with Asgard beaming and shield technology and beam weapons.
                      The Travelers on the other hand could use the intergalactic hyperdrive to travel to the Milky Way and establish a colony, that way they wouldn't have any problems with the Wraith.
                      We know from the Lost Tribe that
                      Spoiler:
                      they built a colony on a planet and after it was destroyed they intended to build a new one. Why not in our galaxy ?

Comment

Yea, even if their weapons and other tech suck, nobody will not benifit if they have our hyperdrives. Heck, they would probally be quite greatful if th towed their ships in hyperspace to the MW

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by McSwift View Post

well if inquisition was any indication, it would not be a good idea to give the unstable humans of the pegasus galaxy weapons that rival our own. i mean what if something happens where they turn against us, we dont want our weapons used against us.

and 302s would be pretty useless to the travelers because they still run off of regular jet fuel, and that would mean giving them that plus the missils and whatnot and i just dont see the point really. i mean im sure they have their own fighters.

and again, i dont like the idea of giving the travelers beam weapons and since those are really our only reliable effective weapon system so if we dont give them that, then we dont really have any thing to offer them.

i just dont like the idea of giving other people weapons that gets them closer to our level of technology.
                          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

or we could inform the travellers that there were some of them called asgard in the ida galaxy and they could go settle there in peace away from the wraith

Comment

Originally posted by Murzin View Post
                              or we could inform the travellers that there were some of them called asgard in the ida galaxy and they could go settle there in peace away from the wraith

that would only work if the travelers have intergalcatic hyperdrives, which i suspect they dont or they would have left long ago.
                              STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Working...
                              X