Subcutaneous Transmitters Anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subcutaneous Transmitters Anyone?

Seems like they convienently forgot about these babies. And of course Woolsey opted to not go with Zelenka's modified high power transmitter implant that would reveal the location of the SGA team when he joined them.

:facepalm:
    sigpic

It doesn't allow them to track the team from other planets - The range seems to extend only to about a planet's orbit so it wouldn't have helped them in this situation.

Comment

Subcutaneous transmitters don't transmit through sub-space, so they'd only be useful if Atlantis found the planet they were hidden on first.

Comment

Originally posted by Xaeden View Post
        It doesn't allow them to track the team from other planets - The range seems to extend only to about a planet's orbit so it wouldn't have helped them in this situation.
        Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Subcutaneous transmitters don't transmit through sub-space, so they'd only be useful if Atlantis found the planet they were hidden on first.
        Originally posted by Nusku View Post
        And of course Woolsey opted to not go with Zelenka's modified high power transmitter implant that would reveal the location of the SGA team when he joined them.
        ^
        This.

He ripped the design from Todd's, FYI.
        sigpic

Comment

When was that mentioned? I'm not calling you a liar I just can't remember...

Comment

Should have just used the one they chopped out of Ronon, we saw McKay working with it in Sateda so it still works.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nusku View Post
              Seems like they convienently forgot about these babies. And of course Woolsey opted to not go with Zelenka's modified high power transmitter implant that would reveal the location of the SGA team when he joined them.

:facepalm:
              In which ep did Zelenka modify the transmitter? I know Shep or McKay asked Woolsey about a subspace locator beacon and Woolsey said it was Wraith tech and they weren't quite there yet.

What did I miss?
              sigpic
              Sig by Luciana
              My LJ Proud member of W.A.S.P. My Fanfics

Comment

They specifically said that the Daedalus would have to fly from solar system to solar system in order to find them. Presumably, this means that their transmitters are relatively short range. If we had the means to track people anywhere in the galaxy, then we'd have used it several times by now.

Besides, if we had just shown up and blown the place to hell to get 4 of our people, what message would that have sent?

At least now the Atlantis Expedition has some accountability in Pegasus, and perhaps their contributions will be more appreciated. It was better to win the support of this coalition than to blow its leadership to hell.

Comment

If the team could be tracked anywhere by these transmitters, why did they have to search for months for Teyla?

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                    They specifically said that the Daedalus would have to fly from solar system to solar system in order to find them. Presumably, this means that their transmitters are relatively short range. If we had the means to track people anywhere in the galaxy, then we'd have used it several times by now.

Besides, if we had just shown up and blown the place to hell to get 4 of our people, what message would that have sent?

At least now the Atlantis Expedition has some accountability in Pegasus, and perhaps their contributions will be more appreciated. It was better to win the support of this coalition than to blow its leadership to hell.
                    That we are not to be messed with...

*big militaristic grin*

Comment

Originally posted by Ncc-72452 View Post
                      That we are not to be messed with...

*big militaristic grin*
                      I like seeing things go boom too. And I did think that a few nukes here and there might have been deserved.

But it wouldn't have fit with the show's theme lol. Why bother fighting the Wraith if we're going to kill thousands of humans ourselves anyways?

Comment

Besides that is such a "Capt Kirk and Spock meet up with the Nazis" sort of thing to do.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/carpentersam/
                        MY ARTWORK -- ALL SIGNATURES BY HERMIIOD

Comment

You'd think that with all the knowledge of both the Ancient and Asgard at their disposal, they would have been able to make a subspace tracking device. Even the Goa'uld had hand held communications devices that allowed them to communicate over lightyears. How hard would it have been for them to hide one of those on Woolsey?

Comment

Originally posted by Xenocide View Post
                            If the team could be tracked anywhere by these transmitters, why did they have to search for months for Teyla?
                            because they forgot to say 'todd removed it'

and the script didn't tell them to

seriously, convenient plot devices like the transponders often come back to bite the writers in the tushie since tehy often get so many plot devices going on that they forget which is which and forget to include them or account for them
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Finger13 View Post
                              I like seeing things go boom too. And I did think that a few nukes here and there might have been deserved.

But it wouldn't have fit with the show's theme lol. Why bother fighting the Wraith if we're going to kill thousands of humans ourselves anyways?
                              It could of fit with the clip theme of the show. Show the five of them getting beamed out of their cell, and then cut to Siege part III and the massive mushroom cloud!

Seriously though, I understand what you're saying, and to a certain extend I agree. Still, when any old village can kidnap and put our people on trial, it sets a dangerous precedent. An armed response would show that you leave our people alone because we will defend them.

They kept going on and on about "due process" in that episode, but seriously, where the heck was it on the part of the PG Alliance? There was none, so the appropriate response, IMO, would have been military to show that if you want to arrest our people, you obtain legal right through an extradition treaty. Anything else is called kidnapping, and kidnapping and abduction is dealt with via armed rescue.

Comment

Working...
                              X