Todd - Janus were allies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Todd - Janus were allies?

In "The Lost Tribe", Todd says : I was there 10 000 years ago when the device was last used.

Do you realise that it gives the impression that he and Janus may have been allies in the same way that the Atlantis Expedition and himself are currently allies too?

Not really.

Comment

"I was there"..denoting presence
      pretty strong possibility

Comment

Or it could mean he saw the device being used since it was affecting the whole galaxy
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

well..
          the word there strikes me because if he was just seeing the thing from afar, he could have use other words.
          he could have just "I saw.."
          the word there makes his whole sentence interesting

Comment

Originally posted by PantheraLeo View Post
            In "The Lost Tribe", Todd says : I was there 10 000 years ago when the device was last used.

Do you realise that it gives the impression that he and Janus may have been allies in the same way that the Atlantis Expedition and himself are currently allies too?
            Actually, this could be an excellent theory.

Think of it this way...Janus was basically an outcast among his own. Todd is certainly a Wraith who thinks outside the box. He certainly could have seen an opportunity to get rid of some Wraith enemies, while strengthening his own alliance, by making deals with Janus. Playing both sides against the middle, just like he's doing now - using Janus as he uses Sheppard to get things he wants (control of the Wraith), while aggressively defending the Wraith since, afterall, they are his people.

The ONLY problem with this theory is the bitterness in Todd's tone when he said that the Ancients didn't have the stomach for it when they saw how many of their precious stargates it destroyed. This line suggests that 1. The Ancients, not just Janus, activated the device, and 2. that it was a very unpleasant experience for him when it first happened 10k years ago - so unpleasant that he's taking drastic action now to stop it.

So, I don't think Janus and Todd were in league together...at least not on the Attero Device. But, dang...it would be a great twist, wouldn't it??!

das
            sigpic

Comment

By "there" I assumed he meant the Wraith/Ancient war, nothing more. More a reference to a time than a place.

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm a distinct possability-also how did he know the name of the device?????? Surely if he had just witnessed the carnage he would have no idea of the name

Comment

The Attero Device could've just been the Wraith's name for it. Janus's actual name for it was never mentioned.

So I don't think Todd and Janus were allies.

Comment

Todd was "there" in the galaxy, as the effects of the Attero device spread throughout all of it.

I'm pretty sure that his willingness to make an alliance with humans is a development of the modern situation.
                    sigpic

Comment

He was also "there" when he saw the Wraith ship being destroyed in First Contact. Does that mean he was allies with Daniel and Mckay (or the Asgard)?
                      -- Brains12

Comment

Well, look at the way he talks. If Todd was involved in a battle 10 000 years ago with the Ancients when the device was last used, he wouldn't have got out alive since he can't jump into hyperspace and Aurora-class ships are way more powerful than Wraith hive ships. And if he had a different type of hyperdrive that would not be effected by the device, then why didn't his ships (as seen in First Contact) not have those different kind of drives too?

So obviously he must have been a bystander or even an ally of the Ancients/Janus. You see, the way Todd say "I was there..." opens a lot of possibilities.

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
                          Actually, this could be an excellent theory.

Think of it this way...Janus was basically an outcast among his own. Todd is certainly a Wraith who thinks outside the box. He certainly could have seen an opportunity to get rid of some Wraith enemies, while strengthening his own alliance, by making deals with Janus. Playing both sides against the middle, just like he's doing now - using Janus as he uses Sheppard to get things he wants (control of the Wraith), while aggressively defending the Wraith since, afterall, they are his people.

The ONLY problem with this theory is the bitterness in Todd's tone when he said that the Ancients didn't have the stomach for it when they saw how many of their precious stargates it destroyed. This line suggests that 1. The Ancients, not just Janus, activated the device, and 2. that it was a very unpleasant experience for him when it first happened 10k years ago - so unpleasant that he's taking drastic action now to stop it.

So, I don't think Janus and Todd were in league together...at least not on the Attero Device. But, dang...it would be a great twist, wouldn't it??!

das

but 10000 years ago there would have been more than eneough humans to feed on so the wraith all got along extroadinarily well. i mean the only reason their at war is because they awoke too early from hybernation and the humans hadnt fully recovered from the last culling. back then he would have had no need for alliances.

and i am 100% sure that janus would never work with a warith. i mean he was sorta a daniel jackson, being ridiculed for this theories and experiments, but i dont think he would ever sink so low as to work with a wraith. plus, what good would the wraith be when janus is smart eneough to do the project on his own. i mean he was the one who invented time travel.
                          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                            By "there" I assumed he meant the Wraith/Ancient war, nothing more. More a reference to a time than a place.
                            That is how I saw it too.
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Curious, what does "Attero" mean anyway?
                              sigpic
                              I love the big hairy fuzzy men on TV, mmmm
                              "I'll Be Your Freyr Elrad, Wait For Me!!!
                              Me On YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/airricksreloaded

Comment

Working...
                              X