There was... absolutely nothing wrong with this episode... ... ... ... somehow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deletion seems a bit harsh.

On another forum similar to this one (Total War Center) if someone brings up an old thread with a comment that thread is locked (unless it is an important one) and the mods encourage a new thread to be opened.
    sigpic

Comment

To put it bluntly, this was clearly a budget cutting episode, minimal sets, flashbacks and cast. Plain and simple. Maybe saving money for another episode. We see this technique everywhere. Very sad.
      Last edited by Davey; 28 February 2019, 04:20 PM.

Comment

This are called "bottle episodes" as far as I know the tv slang. When they have overspent themselves, they had to create such cheaper episodes. You know Netflix hasn't existed at the peak of Stargate, so they had only 2-2,5 million dollars per episode. I have read it somewhere that when they have made Atlantis and SG-1 together, they got 75-80 million dollars for 40 episodes. Even the Ori village set was 1.5 million, the Sodan village was 700-800k or the main Atlantis set was around 5 million dollars. Nobody could achieve so many episodes with such a narrow budget, so Brad Wright and his co-producers must have reused every sets a few times. And the set decorators and the whole team made a good work to hide such things. I am not so sure if the audience would accept such things nowadays. That is the main reason it will be hard to reopen the Stargate if they want to keep the steps with the improved quality of special effects of other tv shows.
        "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
        X