Woolsey's expertise finally put to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Woolsey's expertise finally put to use

This is the first episode in which Mr. woolsey as the expidition leader puts his telants to use by winning the trail. I was thinking: "Who better to take over the the defense then mr. woolsey from his experiances with world affairs, legal issues, and diplomatic relations". He really knocked it out of the park with this so called "trial".

KEEP IT CLEAN
    Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
    Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Indeed, Woolsey was good. It's nice to bring his skills into a useful situation like this one. And it is very brave to walk into this trap to try to save the team. He was very confident he would win this trial. And maybe his confidence made him forget the consequences if he failed.

However, I would have hoped that Teyla would have made an appearance on the trial. She is after all from the pegasus galaxy. She has lost as many people as they have. And despite the fact that she disagreed with Michael's project, that he experienced on her people, she still believes the Atlantis expedition is 'giving hope to the stars' (to quote her).

Comment

I'm surprised he got an episode where he did every single thing right, where he did nothing at all clown-like and where got mounds of character development.

Comment

I loved Woolsey in this episode. Showed what he is all about in terms of leadership. First he takes charge by demanding to know what happened to his people, and when he does find out he arrests the representative of the coalition to show that such action on their part will not be tolerated. Then he realizes his skills as an attorney can be put to better use rescuing the team, so he uses the prisoner to take him to the trial. There, he not only uses his skills as an attorney, he is also smart enough to bribe one of the judges to ensure he can win. He knew he had that judge on his side, and that his argument was logical enough that he could get the other judge on his side. Thumbs up Woolsey.

Comment

another positive check mark into Mr Woolsey's leadership....and to a nicely place poker face to go with that.

Comment

Woolsey did do great, no doubt about that. He really saved their butts.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

As much as I hate to admit it, I suppose it's a good thing
              Spoiler:
              Todd didn't feed on Woolsey.
              Although, I'm sure this will be the only episode where he's useful. It's certainly the first.
              Wraith Humour. I has it.

Comment

I agree that it was great to see woolsey there. I also would have liked to see ronon and teyla take the stand to put forward their perspective, and feel it was a shame this was missed. I suppose this was down to the time factor in a clip show, which is first and foremost to save money for other episodes!
                "You're born, you live and you die. There are no do-overs, no second chances to make things right if you frak 'em up the first time. Not in this life anyway. Like I said, you make your choices and you live with them. And in end you are those choices." --Kendra Shaw

Comment

He didn't quite win the trial, more he fix it.

But seriously, Woolsey and Sheppard didn't manage to convince the council, they only bring them up to date or confirm them what they already knew. It looked more like a classical IOA debriefing only with Woolsey on the other side, but with inquisitors having no legitimate right to inquire. Of course the set was decorated for a trial.

The charges were all impersonal and the prosecutors/judges were ready to find Atlanteeans guilty for simply initiating the expedition in the first place. The Wraith awakening charge, the Michael experiment charge, the Replicators charge, cooperating with the Wraith charge. Sheppard and Woolsey did nothing but to admit for all these actions, for which we were found guilty before the trial, even 'indirectly' how it said in their first statement.

Comment

I did think it was a bit of a shame that we didnt really see much of Woolsey been able to win the argument on any of the charges.

The set up is done with him explaining his legal history, which is impressive, and I would have liked to see this illustrated in a different way to him having to bribe one of the judges, now that 'he knew what the game was.'
                    "You're born, you live and you die. There are no do-overs, no second chances to make things right if you frak 'em up the first time. Not in this life anyway. Like I said, you make your choices and you live with them. And in end you are those choices." --Kendra Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by parsnip2009 View Post
                      The set up is done with him explaining his legal history, which is impressive,
                      I got a real kick out of hearing his legal background. It made perfect sense. Woolsey WOULD be a Harvard man, wouldn't he? Smug *******.

I do think his expertise helped him at the trial, though. It's an unfortunate point of the legal profession that the goal is to win the trial, not to do what's right, and Woolsey DID manage to pull that off. Once he knew the game was rigged, he switched gears. Very much a lawyer at heart.
                      Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                      I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                      What have these years left to me?
                      Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

I thought it was a very good episode and it was nice to see that he can put to use what he has expertise in , however sometimes when people like Rodney and Mr. Woosley start spouting there credentials i think that it is not really relevant being that they had gotten those on a small planet in the Milky Way Galaxy and those sort of credentials really have no merit here

honestly Rodney no one really cares how many Ph.D's you have ?

but i guess that the fact that he is really smart matters, ( yes we know that ) , so i guess ? , but you don't have to go around telling everybody, Ronon did not really care or understand that he worked for a law firm in New York !
                        Last edited by MIZA; 27 October 2008, 03:09 PM.
                        sigpic
                        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

I liked woolsey in this... but it would have been a better episode with Dr Weir in!
                          Keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground. - Roosevelt

sigpic

Comment

I quite liked woolsey in this episode, gave his character much more of a boost allowing him to really show why hes the leader of Atlantis. But i am the same with many here i would have liked to see Teyla and Ronon say their piece and then have woosley in there to finish it off. In either it was very refreshing to see someone outside of the orginal SGA team fight for a change.

Don S. Davis: 1942-2008
                            He will be missed.

Comment

Picardo was the best I've seen him so far! Great way to put Woolsey's ''skills'' to use, instead of having him in the background

Comment

Working...
                              X