No announcement yet.

Claire Rankin/Kate Heightmeyer WOW thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was listening to music while driving around today and I heard a song that made my think of Kate. Dean Martin was singing Sway and I imediately thought of her first appearence and the brief moment we saw her walking away from the camera. Fitting, yes?
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Hahaha! Now that's a fic in the making.
      Maybe...

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      Was listening to music while driving around today and I heard a song that made my think of Kate. Dean Martin was singing Sway and I imediately thought of her first appearence and the brief moment we saw her walking away from the camera. Fitting, yes?
      Mmm... yeah...
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

New plot bunny: Kate teaching Teyla the way we Earthlings dance. And then Teyla returning the favor.

Another bunny: Dance night on Atlantis! BYOS - Bring Your Own Ship.

Comment

Sorry, the dance lessons are already reserved for another ship, however Kate and Teyla will be able to share in the fun.

Comment

New plot bunny: Kate teaching Teyla the way we Earthlings dance. And then Teyla returning the favor.

Another bunny: Dance night on Atlantis! BYOS - Bring Your Own Ship.
            Darn you JT-2 and your tempting plot bunnies! Now if I only knew anything about dancing, I'd take a crack at one of those.

Comment

Don't know how to walz?

I do, but solo only... ...and then I watch Strictly Come Dancing some more.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Don't know how to walz?

I do, but solo only... ...and then I watch Strictly Come Dancing some more.
                I don't either. Have 2 left feet.

But I'm not sorry for the plot bunny, mandogater. I'll happily beta it for you.

Comment

I don't either. Have 2 left feet.

But I'm not sorry for the plot bunny, mandogater. I'll happily beta it for you.
                  Maybe turkey day will inspire me.

Comment

I made a music-vid which has been a while since I last did one. It was supposed to be an entry to a challenge on LiveJournal but due to unforeseen circumstances I missed my deadline... nevertheless it got finished and here be the result:

Spoiler:

Comment

WOW!! That was AWESOME!!!!!

hampster-dance.gifhampster-dance.gifhampster-dance.gifhampster-dance.gifhampster-dance.gifhampster-dance.gifhampster-dance.gifhampster-dance.gifhampster-dance.gifhampster-dance.gifhampster-dance.gifhampster-dance.gifhampster-dance.gifhampster-dance.gifhampster-dance.gifhampster-dance.gif

Her death still pisses me off. Especially after they'd just gotten rid of Carson and Elizabeth. Yeah, way to keep your audience happy - keep killing off wonderful characters. Killing off characters can be done well and with purpose - Grodin comes to mind - but this was pointless. According to TPTW, it was supposed to make you feel something could really happen to John or Rodney. Yeah, right. Everyone knows if your name is Sheppard, McKay, O'Neill, or Carter you will never die a permanent death.

Oops, sorry. I ranted a bit there.

Love your video, Falcon!!
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thank you.

Yeah, killing off (secondary) characters that are supposed to be rather safe-ish within the city, is really going to give me the sense of danger for the regulars. NOT!

Then again, nobody really cares when the red shirts die... look at the amount of love the secondary characters get, the female characters in general are sadly not so very well represented in fanfic, fanart or whatever else. Try being a secondary female character - that's even worse.

Comment

That was an awesome vid. Great clips, and when that music started I immediately got the "uh oh" feeling You've even made me want to watch Duet again, even though I don't particularly care for it. I'll just stick to the Kate bits. And the Shep/Weir bits. Anything that doesn't have Rodney and Cadman in it

Thank you.

Yeah, killing off (secondary) characters that are supposed to be rather safe-ish within the city, is really going to give me the sense of danger for the regulars. NOT!

Then again, nobody really cares when the red shirts die... look at the amount of love the secondary characters get, the female characters in general are sadly not so very well represented in fanfic, fanart or whatever else. Try being a secondary female character - that's even worse.
                          Grodin's death served a purpose. That ep wouldn't have been as dramatic if nobody died IMO, the same with Sumner in Rising. They ratcheted up the stakes simply by occuring. Kate's death didn't do that - it added nothing to the story. If anything, it detracted from it by being so stuuuupid. If, at the end of the ep they said that everything from the point where Shep touched the crystal until they 'killed' the entity was a dream, then it wouldn't really have changed anything. I would argue that it would've been a deeper insight into Shep's character if they'd gone down that path. Kate's fake!death could symbolise him repressing emotion.
                          sigpic

Comment

Thank you.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            Grodin's death served a purpose. That ep wouldn't have been as dramatic if nobody died IMO, the same with Sumner in Rising. They ratcheted up the stakes simply by occuring. Kate's death didn't do that - it added nothing to the story. If anything, it detracted from it by being so stuuuupid. If, at the end of the ep they said that everything from the point where Shep touched the crystal until they 'killed' the entity was a dream, then it wouldn't really have changed anything. I would argue that it would've been a deeper insight into Shep's character if they'd gone down that path. Kate's fake!death could symbolise him repressing emotion.
                            Mmm... good point. Possibly also a good fic idea, a deeper insight into Sheppard.

Comment

I made a music-vid which has been a while since I last did one. It was supposed to be an entry to a challenge on LiveJournal but due to unforeseen circumstances I missed my deadline... nevertheless it got finished and here be the result:

Spoiler:
                              Wonderful video, FH!!!

Now I'm tempted to watch all of Kate's episodes again.

Comment

Thank you.
                                No worries. We need more people (and more vids) to champion Kate. Every ep she was in (admittedly there were only a handful) she played a pivotal role in. When you look at, say, Michael, the main characters listened to what she had to say and took it on board. She was considered part of the wider 'team'. Her advice actually meant something.

This may be because I don't watch a huge amount of mainstream tv, but it's the first time I've seen a psychologist taken seriously on tv.

Mmm... good point. Possibly also a good fic idea, a deeper insight into Sheppard.
                                Maybe, maybe not. I doubt it's an idea they ever considered

Wonderful video, FH!!!

Now I'm tempted to watch all of Kate's episodes again.
                                Especially the bits where she is running
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X