This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why only 20 episode each season!?

What happened to the 22 episode for each season. I mean 2 episode is a lot .

i think i heard somewhere that its due to budget cuts, but i could be wrong. they may have also wanted to make it so atlantis and sg-had the same number of eps, but they couldnt think of enough for sg-1. i dont know, thats what i think. i beleive that there was an article on it on the gateworld home site, but i didnt take the time to read it, and it was a long time ago.
    ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

You have to remember that the production team at Bridge is producing 40 episodes a year now with Stargate Atlantis and the 20 episode seasons are a consession to their time and resources, both in money and people.

Comment

The price tag that SCI FI has to pay per episode probably goes up a little bit with inflation every year. At one point, they probably decided that they wanted another season but didn't want to have to pay more -- so they renewed and ordered fewer episodes.
        GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
        The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
        Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I'll defer to Darren here who knows more than I do.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
            I'll defer to Darren here who knows more than I do.
            You also make a good point with the production team having to make 40 shows a year it takes a lot of work, it is most likely that it is a combination on the increase in cost and the amount of work that goes into making both shows.

Comment

it's money at its most basic

the budget for each year is X (i literally don't know and don't need to know)

and, i am sure, each year when contracts are renewed, folks get raises. now if the budget doesn't increase to match said raises, and the rising costs of doing effects and the such, something has to give. and what gives is the number of episodes.

so now when dollar amount X has two less episodes to pay for, there's more money to pay cast, crew, writers, producers, the caterer.....etc, etc
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                The price tag that SCI FI has to pay per episode probably goes up a little bit with inflation every year. At one point, they probably decided that they wanted another season but didn't want to have to pay more -- so they renewed and ordered fewer episodes.
                I didn't realize it was that big a factor! Still, your our eye on the inside so you probably know more than I would.
                [email protected]
                http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                One nation under dog
                There of which I stand alone
                A face in the crowd
                Unsung, against the mold
                Without a doubt
                Singled out
                The only way I know

Comment

There is 22 a season. Its just all the two parters. Lost City was really one eps. making it #21.
                  I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

Originally posted by Darren
                    The Scifi Channel is probably broke because on all its stupid movies and shows that arn't on Scifi Friday. One of the reasons Stargate has lasted as long as it has (by far not the most important reason) is that the Scifi channal is broke.
                    I'm from Iowa, United States

Comment

How come i keep hearing that sg has budget problems, you'd think by now a show as big and popular as stargate wouldnt have many budge problems

Comment

money!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Unamed
                          How come i keep hearing that sg has budget problems, you'd think by now a show as big and popular as stargate wouldnt have many budget problems
                          Making Sci-Fi is VERY expensive the sets alone can run into the millions, not to mention special effects, crew and lugging all that equipment out to location shots
                          sigpic

Comment

2 episodes being cut will bring in alot of money for the others shows and especially if theis is the final season then for the season ender.

but really we can't complain were getting 40 episodes of stargate were lucky.
                            i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

First of all I doubt its money constraints more than its the time burden on the production company. SciFi channel is not going broke. They are making bank off of SG and SGA, not to mention BSG. It actually might just be like someone else suggested above me that, there are just more 2 parters this season.

20 episodes of something is better than 0 episodes of nothing
                              the Fifth Race

Mod@ www.Bodybuilding.com
                              Mod@ www.MMAforumcom

Comment

Working...
                              X