ZPM: will they ever reveal it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZPM: will they ever reveal it?

i know that depleated zpms are a huge plot device used by the SG people, but will they ever reveal a method that we can use to create more?

wheather its finding a factory that can make them, or finding the information in the atlantis database on how to make them or SOMETHING

i think this has been done to death and should be addressed. at this point i think its just a crutch thats been used for too long.

they can be made using the matter converter. but you gain no energy

Comment

You do, because you draw vacuum energy. It is not based on E=mc^2 because then the ZPM would give less energy then the Daedalus reactors do. But they will not reveal it. It gives too much power

Comment

no. if you make a trillion watt battery, you have to enter a trillion watts. you cant make it out of nowhere. ancients most likely created the energy via NIG's. massive ones nonstop generating power. 1 nig could make 3 ZPMs a year

Comment

NIG's are better cuz you donn't need to keep replacing the Batteries-I think the Tau'ri are probably heading in this direction because ZPM's have been a pain in the rear end to find and to attempt to build (Minus Rodneys subspace generator) so NIG's may be the way forward.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            no. if you make a trillion watt battery, you have to enter a trillion watts. you cant make it out of nowhere. ancients most likely created the energy via NIG's. massive ones nonstop generating power. 1 nig could make 3 ZPMs a year
            cite your source? and it cant be conjecture from the boards... what epi is that from?

Comment

Making a battery does not require you to charge it beforehand.

The mechanics of ZPM are, however, a tad different and made up, so there's still a possibility to pretend that making a ZPM requires both a tool to make the container, and a device or more to do something else where beaming stuff in would be impossible.
              You could pretend that filling the ZPM with its own subspace finite universe requires to use something like an hyperdrive hose to fill the ZPM with some crammed mini-universe, and would probably break a good dozen laws.
              The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

but the energy from a battery is present as battery liquid.

my source is logic. the lowest ZPM calc says it has 10^28 joules of energy. NIG= 1x10^12 joules. do the calc

Comment

but the energy from a battery is present as battery liquid.

my source is logic. the lowest ZPM calc says it has 10^28 joules of energy. NIG= 1x10^12 joules. do the calc
                  the liquid CONTAINS the power, the liquid is not THE power.

the liquid contains the free roaming electrons present in acid.

as far as i know of there is no specific mention about how MUCH power is in a ZPM or what its maximum output in an episode.

if there is, cite the episode. otherwise you are just going on assumption based on rough statements made in an episode, and those are probably just said at the time not for any basis of consistency but rather to fit the plot of the current epi.

if they cite specific numbers, thats fine, if they just say rough numbers, cant be counted on to be accurate.

Comment

known calculations:

1: "RISING", power needed to hold back the ocean: 10^28 joules
                    2: "trinity", power of a supernova, arcturus: 10^40 and exceeding.

others come up somewhere inbetween.

if you make a battery, the liquid is added that contains the power. for a ZPM, it means adding the contained singularity. which can be made out of raw energy, or somehow isolated etc [source: MGM tech journal]

Comment

known calculations:

1: "RISING", power needed to hold back the ocean: 10^28 joules
                      2: "trinity", power of a supernova, arcturus: 10^40 and exceeding.

others come up somewhere inbetween.

if you make a battery, the liquid is added that contains the power. for a ZPM, it means adding the contained singularity. which can be made out of raw energy, or somehow isolated etc [source: MGM tech journal]
                      So a ZPM at its absolute lowest (right before maximum entropy) is 10^28. That implies that a ZPM at its highest is far beyond that.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

were either of those epis dealing with a fully charged ZPM?

i know in rising they were dealing with an almost completely drained ZPM so it would not be at 100%

in trinity were they dealing with a fully charged ZPM or partially drained?

Comment

stop trying to figure out something that has never been explained.

Comment

All speculation until stated otherwise in the show, stop trying to say it like its canon...
                            Visit my Website

Comment

were either of those epis dealing with a fully charged ZPM?

i know in rising they were dealing with an almost completely drained ZPM so it would not be at 100%

in trinity were they dealing with a fully charged ZPM or partially drained?
                              hello?

rising: 3 full ZPM's hold the water back for 10000 years.1 zpm does it for 3333.333333 years.

Trinity: arcturus=25 ZPM's. worked at 50%, destroyed nearly an entire solar system.

the calcs arent mine. but both are often used. the shield in rising probably ran in efficient mode.

10^28 joules is the lowests calc i know. and the most accurate probably. [in reality, its prob higher due to shield sustaining etc]

im not trying to say its the way it is. i try to explain how it coulve been done. and i realized a NIG for example can make tons and tons of energy. known power+ 10^28 ZPM= 3 ZPM's per year.

Comment

Working...
                              X