This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy 9th birthday GateWorld!

On October 22, 1999 STARGUIDE was launched on Darren Sumner personal web space. By the next year STARGUIDE moved to SciFiGuide.net where other series were covered such as Farscape, Babylon 5, Andromeda, and Star Trek. With a vision for the future, a Stargate centered site was launched called GateWorld.net and STARGUIDE was reduced to episode guides.

Over the years GateWorld has grown into a extremely popular and well respected Stargate website. In 2004 MGM sent Darren to Vancouver to interview the Stargate Atlantis cast and to go on set tours.

For more information on GateWorld's history go to http://www.gateworld.net/site_history.shtml

On a personal note: We have five Stargate fans in our home, ages: 5, 10, 16, 42, and 42. The GateWorld site has been an excellent resource for ending heated arguments and giving fuel to predictions to future directions to plots and characters. It has also been a place to connect with other fans in both cyberspace and in the real world at conventions.

To the staff/volunteers at GateWorld, a job well done. Congratulations and good luck to the continued excellence of GateWorld.

Slam

Parsippany NJ Twilight Creation 2013** ~~~ NYCC 2010/11/12** ~~~ Wizard World New York City Experience 2013* ~~~ Los Angles CA Xena Creation 2014? ~~~ Los Angles CA Grand Slam Creation 2014? ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Star Trek Creation 2012/ 13** ~~~ Philadelphia PA Wizard World 2009/11/12/13** ~~~ Las Vegas NV Star Trek Creation 2014? ~~~ Orlando FL Star Wars Celebration 2014? ~~~ Parsippany NJ Supernatural Creation 2012/13* ~~~ Parsippany NJ Vampire Diaries Creation 2013? ~~~ Chicago IL Stargate Creation 2009/12/ 13* ~~~ Dragon*Con 2011/12/13* ~~~
    (* planned) (** booked) (? maybe)
    Vancouver BC Stargate Creation 2008/09/10/12 ~~~ Parsippany NJ Star Trek Creation 2009/11 ~~~ Los Angles CA TriCon Stargate/Farscape/Firefly Creation Con 2010 ~~~ New York NY Fangoria Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Supernatural Creation 2009 ~~~ Cherry Hill NJ Stargate Creation 2008 ~~~ Secaucus NJ Stargate Creation 2007 ~~~ Cherry Hill/Philadelphia/Valley Forge Star Trek 1977-1988

Thanks to Darren and all his admins for the time, effort, money and care you've put into this.

I'm loving that it's running back to normal speed again, too.
    You're never too old to do something goofy.
    sigpic
    Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.

Comment

Happy birthday Gateworld!

Thanks for providing a platform for Stargate,many other shows,our everyday lunacy and much more.
      This place is definitly more than just webspace filled with facts about TV-shows.

Soo thank you Darren,Skydiver and all the mods
      And not to forget the amazing RL-McKay Greg that keeps that server running despite our unintended efforts to melt it down

Btw...I have found out the secret of the quick repairs and maintenance....
      Spoiler:
      sigpic
      Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
      Spoiler:
      Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
      You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Happy birthday gateworld!
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

HAPPY B'DAY, GATEWORLD!
          MAKE SOME NOISE FOR 9 GREAT YEARS!

Just sayin', the most sci-fi fun ever in one place. Thanks, Darren and GW.
          MISSION: STARGATE REWATCH 2011-2012 ENGAGED DONE!
          sigpic
          Beware Helen Magnus - Doctor of A$$-Kicking

Comment

Thanks Darren,Admins, all staff ,contributers,and the Mods for the last nine years .

Best wishes and high hopes for the ongoing evolution of this site and forum.

Happy Birthday ,GateWorld !
            The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Thank you Darren and co. for making Gateworld such a fun place.

Happy Birthday Gateworld!
              sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday Gateworld!

Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Now that is a cool cake
                  Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

woohoo happy birthday GateWorld
                    sigpic
                    The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Happy birthday! Almost into double digits!
                      sigpic
                      More fun @ Spoofgate!

Comment

Originally posted by Jedi_Master_Bra'tac View Post
                        that is an awesome cake and HAPPY B-DAY GATEWORLD
                        Last edited by TameFarrar; 23 October 2008, 05:59 AM.
                        sigpic
                        May the odds be ever in your Favor ! oh and please say hello to me on Skype and Facebook

Comment

A very Happy Birthday to you GateWorld.

You've help me to catch up on my Stargate know-how and I am so grateful for that.

What more can I say? Because I suck at words, so this is it. Other than I so love this site of course.
                          The name AMANDA:
                          "Created in the 17th century by the playwright Colley Cibber,
                          who based it on Latin amanda meaning "lovable, worthy of love".
                          It came into regular use during the 19th century."
                          - Amanda Tapping definitely fits her name in my opinion.
                          More: Amanda in "Behind the Name's" database.

Comment

NO NO NO we are not slaves to the music!

Comment

woohoo happy birthday GateWorld

custom titles for everyone
                              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Working...
                              X