This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gok Wans Miss Naked Beauty

women of all shapes/sizes entering a contest being told to get rid of make up and be as natural as poss for a beaty contest

do you really think women (and some men) wear to much make up and use it as a mask?
    do guys (well and girls) really find girls better looking when they are more natural make up and clothes wise?
    do guys even pay any attention to how much effort a girl has put into her looks?
    I find peoples opinions on this subject intresting
    "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Actually I always thought it to be funny that some girls spend hours to look....natural.
    Well I'm just a guy...

Edit : And yes. I do not like faces that look more like paintings. Sometimes less really is more.
    At least for me.
    sigpic
    Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
    Spoiler:
    Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
    You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

I'm female and I rarely wear make-up other than lip gloss/ chapstick and 1 coat of mascara, unless it's REALLY special occasion. I think people who have raccoon eyes, and bright red lips look more like confused mimes.

As for guys noticing... I don't know.
      Last edited by smurfettedoesnotshare; 22 October 2008, 12:06 AM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Originally posted by smurfettedoesnotshare View Post
        I think people have raccoon eyes, and bright red lips look more like confused mimes.
        LOLOL that made me laugh
        thats me then
        "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Originally posted by Bee11 View Post
          LOLOL that made me laugh
          thats me then
          I hope I didn't offend you. That's just my opinion.

Comment

my girlfriend does not wear a lot of makeup, and i think she looks great because of it, don't get me wrong, she looks awesome with a bit of eye makeup (mascara, and occasional eyeliner/shadow), but she very rarely uses foundation or lipstick, we went to a wedding recently and that was i think the second time in a year of going out i have seen her wear so much makeup.
            Spoiler:
            Disclaimer:
            I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
            Quotes!
            - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
            - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
            - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
            sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think some women wear way too much makeup. Personally I prefer when they look natural. Better no makeup than too much.

Do I pay attention to how much effort a girl has put into her looks? ...No, not really. And when I do, it's more like "She spent hours applying makeup? Woah, she cares way too much about appearance." And then I'm more likely to think of her as shallow rather than good looking.

"We're grown-ups now and it's our turn to decide what that means." - xkcd
              The Church of Mappothism | My YouTube Videos (mostly Farscape music videos)

Starburst 1.1 1.2 1.3 | 2.1 2.2 2.3 | 3.1 3.2 3.3 | 4.1 4.2 4.3

Comment

i hate girl that wear make up i feel that their are hiding there're true selves
                https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by smurfettedoesnotshare View Post
                  I hope I didn't offend you. That's just my opinion.
                  lol nahh don't worry you didn't offend me
                  i wear ALOT and i mean ALOT

if you were to see me with make up and without, apparently i don't look like the same personbut i'm lucky in the fact i can wear all this make up and not look over done like alot of people wearing the same amount would

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                    i hate girl that wear make up i feel that their are hiding there're true selves
                    That's a bit extreme isn't it? What about women who wear clothes, are they hiding their true selves too?

Comment

lol nahh don't worry you didn't offend me
                      i wear ALOT and i mean ALOT

if you were to see me with make up and without, apparently i don't look like the same personbut i'm lucky in the fact i can wear all this make up and not look over done like alot of people wearing the same amount would
                      i guess that raises the question of why you bother wearing so much makeup if you look the same without any
                      Spoiler:
                      Disclaimer:
                      I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                      Quotes!
                      - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                      - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                      - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                        i guess that raises the question of why you bother wearing so much makeup if you look the same without any
                        noo not sure if ti was me wording but i meant i look like 2 completly different people with and without make up i don't look like me without make up!

so girls wear to much clothes and hide their true selfs?
                        hmmm there are some guys i would love to reveal their true selfs to me then!

Comment

so girls wear to much clothes and hide their true selfs?
                          hmmm there are some guys i would love to reveal their true selfs to me then!
                          No, they need more clothes, unless they want to end up like my Grandma who gets skin cancers burnt off all the time.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bee11
                            so girls wear to much clothes
                            exactly
                            Originally posted by Daedalus-304
                            No, they need more clothes
                            hush damnit

Comment

... i don't look like me without make up!
                              Let's see if we can find the flaw in this sentence....

And...naaahhh I certainly do not want to see everybody naked or half naked. Not too interested in EVERYBODY....I'm kind of old school monogamous
                              sigpic
                              Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
                              Spoiler:
                              Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
                              You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Working...
                              X