Dying of the Light (306)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hmm adam adam adam...

i didn't like how he died off so easily. but i'm more than willing to bet that he comes back somehow. he was in mama petrelli's future vision after all.

and if authur petrelli simply took powers, why the heck did adam die? that didn't make sense. his ability stopped him from growing old because his body was constantly renewing the dead cells in his body. i mean, isn't that why people grow old? with adam's ability gone, wouldn't he just have become a normal human being?

Comment

Originally posted by eri-chan View Post
      hmm adam adam adam...

i didn't like how he died off so easily. but i'm more than willing to bet that he comes back somehow. he was in mama petrelli's future vision after all.

and if authur petrelli simply took powers, why the heck did adam die? that didn't make sense. his ability stopped him from growing old because his body was constantly renewing the dead cells in his body. i mean, isn't that why people grow old? with adam's ability gone, wouldn't he just have become a normal human being?
      Maybe his ability doesn't renew the cells in his body, it just prevents that they die so without his ability he dies immediately because his cells dissolve.

I think Hiro is the only one who can save Adam by going back in time and stop Arthur from taking his ability.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
        He's not invulnerable, but wait until he hug the Haitian guy (after rendering him unconscious)...
        That will be interesting, will he be unable to hijack the Haitian's power, or will he get it?

@ the review: I thought that it was Daphne, not Denise?

Comment

A lot of the stuff that's happened in season three feels scrambled in my head and it's hard to remember exactly which episode it happened in but the thing I remember specifically about this episode was that they showed us that Peter's powers don't really make him as invincible as he can sometimes seem. I'm glad they did that.
          || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

1. Fake blood = nice!

2. "That's strange...*doosh*"

3. Scratch Monroe the only way anyone could.

4. Not sure where Daphne's going.

5. Nice one Claire.

6. Don't like Mohinder as a bad guy at all.

7. OK, how the hell is Arther going to get taken down?

V.good ep though.
            I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Comment

Why didnt Claires real mother just set the building on fire? I mean she cant be burned by her own fire and Claire wouldnt have been killed had she even been there locked up somehwere.. the only person that would have died would have been her captor.. I find it slightly stupid to assume she has to do something physical to trigger her fire abilities.. and he wasnt able to control their mental facilities just their movements..

why then?
              sigpic
              I love the big hairy fuzzy men on TV, mmmm
              "I'll Be Your Freyr Elrad, Wait For Me!!!
              Me On YouTube! http://www.youtube.com/airricksreloaded

Comment

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                So at first I thought that Arthur Petrelli's powers were to dissolve people, or suck their life-force, and that's why Adam died. However, after he drained Peter I now think he simply absorbed Adam's power (healin/immortality), and Adam turned to dust because he was so old.
                But.... that doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't he just continue aging from that point on? And be as vulnerable as anyone and all that?

Originally posted by Phenix View Post
                Adam's death was certainly interesting. I wasn't expecting him to die. I don't really get why they felt the need to make Arthurdamn immortal. Adam's blood would have healed him. Also, why didn't Hiro just go back to grab him before the fear guy gets Adam. Thats the problem with time travel.
                Right before Adam died he was begging Arthur not to do it by saying that he could still be useful to him, which implies that it wasn't at all necessary that Arthur kill him, he could have just taken his power and thrown him out the door.
                As for Hiro not going back to get him.... plot hole. He could have.

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                This ep was certainly the most interesting one. I was really surprised that they killed Adam off just like that. I was expecting him to have a bigger role in this season, well there goes that...
                Same with me.... and I was very disappointed that he got cut off like that. Seems like bringing Adam back was just a plot device to make Arthur a bigger and badder baddie.

Originally posted by eri-chan View Post
                hmm adam adam adam...

That's exactly what I was thinking. About why he shouldn't have died simply from losing his powers, I mean. And like I mentioned earlier, he begged for his life by saying that he could still be of use to Arthur, which to me implies that Arthur killed him because he wanted to, not because it was just a side effect of taking his power.

But... I'm not so sure he'll be back. I'm not sure how they could do that without it feeling like another plot device... Not that that's beneath TPTB.

Originally posted by Camelot View Post
                Maybe his ability doesn't renew the cells in his body, it just prevents that they die so without his ability he dies immediately because his cells dissolve.

I think Hiro is the only one who can save Adam by going back in time and stop Arthur from taking his ability.
                That's a possibility, I suppose. But still, it seemed to me that it wasn't because he had taken his immortality. I guess it was kind of open to interpretation, though.

Oh, I hope so. And when and if they do kill him for good, I'd want it to be a little more meaningful and NOT feel like a lame plot device.
                Fandoms come and go, but geekiness lasts forever.

YouTube - DeviantART - Twitter - tumblr

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Franklyn Blaze View Post
                  Not bad. Wasn't dragging or too fast, and yeah things are settling into place. Some things I noticed:

[SPOILERS]I didn't like the rehash of Issac. The precog roll was already done and now peter's mother is one too? I don't like time paradox or causality. It's the whole thing... "If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then how did you end up in a fracking coma!"[/spoiler]
                  Well, it's already been established there can be more than 1 person with the same power, but i actually liked the African guy..

Spoiler:

Peter overwhelming syler? With all the powers between both of them that was a pretty lame fight, I'd even call it an epic fail. Syler can heal like Claire and she got up from being shot in the chest in a few seconds. How did Peter have time to drag him to an room? It would have been nice if Sylar had used some of the new powers he had stolen like the super sonic scream ability, something peter didn't have.
                  It seems all of their fights have been rather 'lame'..

Spoiler:
                  The ending wasn't very believable. If I had walked in on my dead father I would have been dumbstruck yes, but I also would have been wanting to get the heck out of there and get some answers. I would not want to give anyone in that room a hug!
                  Same here. Especially since he 'screwed' mother over'...
                  But is it me, or are ALL the petrelli's megalomaniacs??

Spoiler:
                  Also you would think section 5 would be insulated from EM signals or anything psychics use to communicate, like magneto in x-men. I don't know if they are dumbing down section 5 to make the plot work or what but I thought it was kind of lame.
                  You would think. BUT since Eli's outburst was rather unexpectedly strong (after all it did kack over syler for a while) maybe it overloaded what protections they had..

Originally posted by jds1982 View Post
                  So at first I thought that Arthur Petrelli's powers were to dissolve people, or suck their life-force, and that's why Adam died. However, after he drained Peter I now think he simply absorbed Adam's power (healin/immortality), and Adam turned to dust because he was so old.
                  Since i got into this whole shebang, i looked up most of the characters online (heroes wiki), and that is exactly what he does.. He steals your powers much like the son of Claire did with her and Hiro.. Which is why Adam died.. He was so old he just crumbled away.

Originally posted by MmmmMcKAy View Post
                  Very good episode. The puppet master guy was creepy and Claire kicked ass
                  He definitely creeped me out. BUT i wonder.. is he worse than parkman's dad??

Originally posted by gkyun View Post
                  My guess on how Peter will get his powers back would be the formula as well, or even Mohinder's mutated one. But then it'd be an awful waste considering all the other powers Peter's absorbed are gone and he'll be starting afresh.
                  Spoiler:
                  according to the Heroes wiki, Arthur does the same to Sylar(gabriell) and so he also has to start afresh..

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
                  I think Mohinder evilness and desperation is pretty good I just have not figure out how he will fit into the storyline. He probably gonna developed away to remove people abilties, but how this gonna be used in the storyline is not so. I do not want them simply injecting Arthur and he powerless. Their got to be something bigger planned.
                  They are doing a real good job showing his desperation cloud his judgement.

Who is controling the company now?, I mean all their leaders are dead or disabled, I wonder if their anyone else waiting in the wings.
                  Mama Patrelli stepped up after 'gold finger' got capped by Sylar. BUT who's in charge now she's out of it?? honestly i don't know.. Heck maybe Noah is?

I think it a shame that Heiro is not using his own company resources more. It be interesting to see scenes like getting people check the company that he has just been handed their business card out.
                  That is true. He is now the head of a massive company with lots of resources.. Why doesn't he think to use that?

Still do not see the point of the Nathan story line at the minute or how Linderman fits into all this, would not surprise me if even Arthur was seeing him. Do anyone knows if he is actually dead or Alive?
                  It looked to me like 'linderman was just an illusion in the head of those folk put there by daddy parkman.

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                  No. Linderman is dead. Daphne and Nathan see him, but he is just being projected into their minds by Parkman's dad, who is manipulating them for Arthur.
                  What i would like to know though, is since Parkman's dad is supposedly so strong, WHY is he so affraid of Arthur?? Just trap his mind like he tried to do to his son...

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                  That will be interesting, will he be unable to hijack the Haitian's power, or will he get it?
                  IMo that depends on whether the Hatian's "power blocker power" can be overwhelmed or not. If so, then yes arthur could take it..

Comment

Working...
                  X