No announcement yet.

Don't Leave Carson!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always liked Carson as a secondary Atlantis character. He brought something else to the ensemble. I always wondered why did they got rid of him? Is there any real life reasons (contract/artistic dispute, non-availability)?
    Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by dasNdanger View Post
      Carson is a disgrace to the medical profession, violating his Hippocratic Oath a hundred times over. He has harmed so many, not healed. He has used sentient beings as guinea pigs, he has been responsible for aiding in the deaths of thousands of people due to the hoffan drug that he helped develop, and now, he himself has used his medical knowledge to poison another. He is nothing more than a doctor of death, not of life.

I am very disappointed with his development, especially since his 'resurrection' - he is dark, he is spiteful...he is exactly what Michael created him to be, and I don't like it at all. In comparison, Keller is a perky breath of fresh air, at least, until she starts killing her patients, or using her medical knowledge as a weapon to harm, instead of as a tool to heal.

das
      I'm sorry, but a reality check is needed here.

Carson.1 didn't want the Hoffans to use the drug because it hadn't been properly tested. When he found out about the high mortality rate, he and the Team told the Hoffans what the dire consequences would be (50% would die from the drug, the rest killed by the Wraith), but the Hoffans chose to use the drug anyway.

Carson.2 only worked on developing the Hoffan Plague under duress from Michael. In fact, Michael created Carson.2 specifically to do this research. Michael is solely responsible for the Hoffan Plague, as it was his idea and his creation whom he forced to do the work.

Carson.2 used his immunity against a Wraith who had stunned, kidnapped, and threatened the lives of Carson and Rodney. This same Wraith threatened the lives of over 700 people on the planet, and had the weapons and will to kill all of them had he lived. Carson.2 did not possess the weapons or hand-to-hand combat skills or physical strength to overcome this Wraith, so he used the only weapon available to him - something he had just discovered and therefore didn't premeditate for days, weeks, months, or even hours.

(EDIT) Last point. Carson used his immunity as a defensive weapon. The Wraith attacked first. Call it "feeding," call it "need," but the Wraith's put his hand on Carson for the express purpose to kill Carson. Carson defended himself.
      Last edited by Jill_Ion; 24 October 2008, 05:43 AM. Reason: forgot a vital point, spelling

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
      O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
        I always wondered why did they got rid of him? Is there any real life reasons (contract/artistic dispute, non-availability)?
        I'll just say that like Torri, Paul did not want to leave. That's the plain truth. What we don't know is why, but I won't point out my suspects as the mods will gag me for a few days if I did.

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
        McShep is the only true Atlantis pairing. But McBeckett is cute in its own right as well.
        I'm not a slasher but ITA McShep is very believable and McBeck very cute. ^^

Originally posted by Jill_Ion View Post
        I'm sorry, but a reality check is needed here.
        <snip for space>
        (EDIT) Last point. Carson used his immunity as a defensive weapon. The Wraith attacked first. Call it "feeding," call it "need," but the Wraith's put his hand on Carson for the express purpose to kill Carson. Carson defended himself.
        Props to Jill_Ion for an exceptional post.

Comment

Thank-you, Reiko.

"I aim to misbehave." - Capt. Mal Reynolds

"Alien locale is no excuse for lack of pineapples." - DP

WALLACE: And if I don't?
          O'NEILL: We'll beam you up to our spaceship.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
            Props to Jill_Ion for an exceptional post.
            Agreed.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
            Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
            X