Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Happened To The First Group Of Balarans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What Happened To The First Group Of Balarans?

The one that was given to the wraith? I know the wraith said they would be going up to the hive ship, but is that what happened? I say that because that girl that was working with Carson was part of the group, and if they had died, I think Carson would have mentioned it at the end.

Are we to assume that they all died?

They're probably up on the Hive Ship being experimented on, alongside the 600-700 villagers that no doubt got captured as well.

Comment

Well I know one thing-They all got paid by MGM at the end lol

Comment

It seemed a bit odd to introduce the characters and then have the team make no attempt to rescue them or not even mention their existence.

Comment

Yep no attempt to rescue them. So much for the motto of not leaving anyone behind (yes I still believe Teyla should have been left on board the hive in S&R. But I won't digress)

Yeah it seemed like they were introduced almost as if to assist Rodney and Carson on the Hive but they just didn't appear. btw the whole village was not culled considering they said that they were hiding in their houses (since when was that enough). It was just the Balerans who had to hide in the cave.
          Of course this would mean any one left on the planet after the escape were pretty much dead.

I think more people effectively died than the amount rescued. (of course last week millions of people died but we never saw them so they effectively don't exist)

Comment

of course they died, probably executed on the spot... if they wanted them for experimentation then they wouldn't have killed that traitor balearan (unless that was some sort of mercy kill)
            I'm an average viewer. As plain as they come. People make TV shows based on my demographic.

Million's of ZPM's, ZPM's for free! Millions of ZPM's, ZPM's for me!

Comment

The Wraith invited them up to the hive for Tea and Cake, they forgot to invite Jack

Comment

One day someone is going to have to make the Ultimate Thread of Potholes from Stargate the original movie to Enemy at the gate. If I have enough time one day I'll give it a shot. I'll need help, like two people per season parsing episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
                  Yep no attempt to rescue them. So much for the motto of not leaving anyone behind (yes I still believe Teyla should have been left on board the hive in S&R. But I won't digress)
                  I don't think you've understood the Atlantis Moral Code.

"No man left behind... if Colonel John Sheppard personally knows them or they're Earthlings or whatever."

Teyla? He'd give up pursuing a mission that could save the entire galaxy to ensure her safety (despite her being put in jeopardy every other day, anyway). Rodney, Ronon, whoever? He'd pilot a jumper with half of the senior staff of Atlantis into Wraith-infested territory (two Hives) just to have a chance to friggin' big adieu to a dying Rodney.

Random villagers? Meh, he'll try, but he won't go that extra mile for them if even that.

Comment

I ate them. *BUUUUURRRRRRRAAAAAHHHHPPPP!*

Spoiler:
                    'scuse me.

das
                    sigpic

Comment

I've been wondering the same thing. They introduced Novo and then it would be reasonable to tell what happend to her and her follow Balerians. They just got transported to the hive. The Wraith have probably taken then somewhere. The Wraith commander said he would take them to thier new home, not a pleasent one I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by FallenAngelII View Post
                        I don't think you've understood the Atlantis Moral Code.

"No man left behind... if Colonel John Sheppard personally knows them or they're Earthlings or whatever."

Teyla? He'd give up pursuing a mission that could save the entire galaxy to ensure her safety (despite her being put in jeopardy every other day, anyway). Rodney, Ronon, whoever? He'd pilot a jumper with half of the senior staff of Atlantis into Wraith-infested territory (two Hives) just to have a chance to friggin' big adieu to a dying Rodney.

Random villagers? Meh, he'll try, but he won't go that extra mile for them if even that.
                        I totally agree on the hypocrisy which is totally mindnumbing. Its actually the double standards that grate me rather than the fact that Sheppard deemed it too hard/impossible to save them (and thus didn't attempt). I care that these guys did die but I care more that others should have appropiately died before them.

Comment

Originally posted by Fan-e-Gate View Post
                          I totally agree on the hypocrisy which is totally mindnumbing. Its actually the double standards that grate me rather than the fact that Sheppard deemed it too hard/impossible to save them (and thus didn't attempt). I care that these guys did die but I care more that others should have appropiately died before them.
                          That's what you get when the writers are too lazy to write up credible, consistent and good storylines and instead just throw in random BS to amp episodes up.

Need drama? Need extra "heroism"? Need tension? Well, take a dip into the BS well, even if it randomly makes past and future actions of certain characters questionable.

Comment

Maybe Sheppard feels this personal debt to those infected with the Hoff drug, so he's willing to sacrifice normal humans throughout the galaxy to save those infected.

Comment

Originally posted by JackHarkness_Hot View Post
                              Maybe Sheppard feels this personal debt to those infected with the Hoff drug, so he's willing to sacrifice normal humans throughout the galaxy to save those infected.
                              What the hell kind of logic is that?!

Also, if so, then why didn't he even attempt to rescue the first (and ultimately only) batch of captured Belarans?

Comment

Working...
                              X