The Avengers (Marvel) - News/Discussion/Speculation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
    I believe that the MCU draws most of its information from the Ultimate Marvel Universe. That doesn't mean they are copying it directly, of course.

I heard that was well but to the comic readers - which Avenger Storylines or Arcs would you recommend to beginners? Is there any starting point which I could get into?
    sigpic

Comment

Age of Ultron clip

Comment

I loved the new clip they had in agents of shield. They all seemed to be having fun in stark's lounge, and thor was laughing it up.. Till ultron showed up.

Comment

Awesome scene, loved Thors face when it nudged for Captain America

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Awesome scene, loved Thors face when it nudged for Captain America
            It was interesting to see a glimmer of 'surprise' there.

Comment

I'm going to go right ahead and call the end of the film now.

Spoiler:
              The Avengers are all down with Cap's Shield broken and Thor dispatched, with his hammer at Cap's feet. With Ultron gloating and about to take the final blow against the team, Cap lunges for the hammer out of desperation, picks it up and knocks Ultron's head clean off.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

On another site where we are discussing the film, someone mentioned he is unsure HOW cap's shield ricochets off walls, since as it i based on Vibranium which absorbs vibrations, wouldn't then it absorb any impact from a wall it hits?

Comment

New trailer with a few new shots

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    On another site where we are discussing the film, someone mentioned he is unsure HOW cap's shield ricochets off walls, since as it i based on Vibranium which absorbs vibrations, wouldn't then it absorb any impact from a wall it hits?
                    I've thought of this before......But that's always been an inconsistency in the shield since it was mentioned to be made out of vibranium in the comics. However the precise material is in fact an alloy made from vibranium, steel and an unknown component that cannot be replicated. So perhaps that has something to do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      I've thought of this before......But that's always been an inconsistency in the shield since it was mentioned to be made out of vibranium in the comics. However the precise material is in fact an alloy made from vibranium, steel and an unknown component that cannot be replicated. So perhaps that has something to do with it.
                      That might be it.. But if so, wouldn't the hammer have shattered before now, especially with the smash it got from Thor?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                        That might be it.. But if so, wouldn't the hammer have shattered before now, especially with the smash it got from Thor?
                        You have to get to a stage where you just have to suspend your disbelief with such things.

Similar questions can be applied to how it is the Iron Man suit can protect Tony from hard landings and similar impacts like when he gets hit by a tank shell and lands from several hundred feet in the air to form a substantial crater, yet he doesn't suffer any injury at all.

Comment

Honestly, even by comic book standards, the fact that Captain America has an indestructible shield is just the sort of thing I have to file under "nonsense that I just accept because it's Captain America's shtick".

It doesn't really make sense that a weapon forged in the heart of a dying star by Odin or a cosmic staff given to Loki by a mad titan or technology decades more advanced can't break it, but they don't. You've just got to role with it.
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                          X