This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let me put it that way..
    I loved SG1 and I consumed about every second of it with joy. Even the not so good episodes.
    Atlantis started and I was hooked on it. But in my opinion it was getting worse and worse.
    I'm not all that familiar how responsibilities or even the whole people behind the franchise changed during that time but I just assume some people left and others got power to decide that shouldn't.
    For me the quality has decreased dramatically and for some time I was just watching "because it was Stargate" and out of hope it might get back to what it once was.
    Watching other shows with incredible good writing doesn't help either. Just reminds me what SGA is lacking at the moment.

So unless they would get me hooked with some info about SGU that actually sounds interesting for me and/or the "new" show means some heads-rollin' in the franchise...
    I don't see why I should waste my time.

But that is just me.
    sigpic
    Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
    Spoiler:
    Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
    You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Comment

Nope I have no interest in watching Universe.

The only thing I'm watching on Sci-Fi these days is Lost and Atlantis. Eureka when its on.

I'm looking forward to the movies and I have my dvd's if I need a Stargate fix.

Otherwise, I just don't care anymore what they do.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
        If "Enemy at the Gate" marks the end of the show (discounting movies), then what? Will you give Universe a try, or will Stargate be over for you, aside from the occasional movie?
        What do you mean "What if"? It's not gonna be saved. Wake up to reality. Now move along. Nothing to see here.
        sigpic

Comment

i dont think Universe will make it past season 3 or even make it past season 1
          BRING BACK SGA.. NEVER WATCHING SCI-FI OR SGU EVER

Comment

Originally posted by Nusku View Post
            What do you mean "What if"? It's not gonna be saved. Wake up to reality. Now move along. Nothing to see here.
            Excuse me? That's why I started the thread. Back off.

Comment

i'll be watching the movie and sgu
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I suppose I will watch it, but it will never be the same for me.
                sigpic

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/brettsuddreth

Comment

Originally posted by EdenSG View Post
                  I liked SG-1 and I loved Atlantis.

The reasons I tuned into Atlantis to give it a try was because I really, really loved the premise;
                  - the lost city of the Ancients that the premise of which had been introduced in several SG-1 stories
                  - continuity with some interesting characters - Weir and McKay
                  - I was always intrigued by the mythology of Atlantis in the real world and was intrigued to see the SG take on that

I don't plan to watch SGU because it seems so far removed from the very things I love about SG
                  - less mythology
                  - will be ship based, and even worse the ship is lost in space
                  - more character/relationship based, which is not necessarily a bad thing but when I read descriptions such as ‘young and desperate’ crew and to take the place of BSG, it does not interest me or it is not to my taste
                  - will be aimed for a new, younger audience
                  - a cast of characters that, even if remotely similar to the cast as currently described will be terrible – and first and foremost about any show I have to like the characters

Now if TPTB can, by some miracle, manage to pull something out of their … hats and come up with something about the show that actually interests me I will watch, but right now, no.
                  Took the words right out of my mouth! feel exactly the same!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X