Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Default Re: What if it doesn't get saved?

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
    It's called character development. You have a young woman, daughter of a US senator, who blows money and likes to party when not engaged in political affairs. This allows her to grow into a mature, reliable, and respectable individual over the coarse of the series.
    And you actually believe that will happen?
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

Chief Master Sergeant FightforAtlantis's Avatar

You've not seen a single episode, and you call it a failure?

No, it's not.

It's called character development. You have a young woman, daughter of a US senator, who blows money and likes to party when not engaged in political affairs. This allows her to grow into a mature, reliable, and respectable individual over the coarse of the series.
    SGU's plot is unoriginal. Having a crew lost in space sounds a bit like StarTrek to me, specifically Voyager. The Ancient storylines have also been done to death, clearly there are other races in the universe. I was hoping for something a bit more unique than another Ancient plot when there are plenty of other paths they could have chosen.

The characters are also lame, cliche', and dumbed down remakes of old characters. SGU is also aimed at a more younger and mainstream audience, therefore the concepts of the show will be constructed to fit their needs and the show will be less intelligent than SG1 & SGA.

And the very idea of a bunch silly teens commanding an Ancient ship is ridiculous! A Senator's party girl of daughter isn't fit for a ship crossing voids between galaxies. That kind of characters belongs in soaps. To even suggest her for a new Stargate series is disturbing, and honestly downright LAME.

Besides the fact that SGU is terrible in any size, shape, or form, it also is the series that is replacing SGA. To watch SGU, would be supporting SGA's cancellation. And I cannot do that. Though certainly I'd imagine it would be no problem for me to restrain myself from watching SGU. If indeed I did glance upon it one day, my eyes would wonder upon it and laugh with amusement and pity.

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Please show me FightforAtlantis how you able to read TPTB's minds
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Kate Heightmeyer's office or thereabouts...

Quote Originally Posted by jelgate View Post
    Please show me FightforAtlantis how you able to read TPTB's minds
    I'm not sure I'd even want to know.
    The Tale of Heightmeyer's Lemming by Falcon Horus

icon courtsey by planet_tv || signature by Falcon Horus || The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson's Research || Pharaoh Hamenthotep @ Patreon
    Proper Stargate Rewatch still happening right now -- season 6 of SG-1

The Beach of naked Sebeceans and margarita shooter

Its probably best that way. Less chance for corruption.
    Quote Originally Posted by aretood2 View Post
    Jelgate is right

Atlantis won’t be saved, we’re its undoing. MGM saw a boost in sales from SG DVDs as we wanted SG1 to live on through movies and they thought why spend money for a season when we can make more money though movies.

<a href=http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6278/ironsig2.jpg target=_blank>http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6278/ironsig2.jpg</a>

I'll give Universe a try. But it'll never be SGA, that's for sure.

The Official Toe Wiggler
    (Moderator)

If "Enemy at the Gate" marks the end of the show (discounting movies), then what? Will you give Universe a try, or will Stargate be over for you, aside from the occasional movie?
    For me it is really going to depend on how they promote SGU with commericals and such when it gets ready to air.
    I like Stargate, however I really don't like they way they choose to introduced SGU and I am not fond of another BSG type show.

Regardless of how they promote it, SGU won't be a must see to watch or record on Friday evening's for me anymore.

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Staff Sergeant

I'll give SGU a shot, but it has a steep hill to march up. If the writing is [email protected] I doubt I'll make it past episode 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Replicator Fifth View Post
    They DID say they were targeting a different audience... *forces a reassuring smile*
    That is what scares me. Especially after seeing some of the changes made in remakes of shows I liked - i.e. BSG and Knight Rider. SGA was the show which catch my eye. Otherwise I would not have cable now. At the price it cost to have scifi channel, it is messing with my budget.

This season of SGA has been one of the best. I like the the idea of the show going off on a good feel.
    "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
    'Eleanor Roosevelt'
    Individuality is freedom lived.
    'Janis Joplin'

Let me put it that way..
    I loved SG1 and I consumed about every second of it with joy. Even the not so good episodes.
    Atlantis started and I was hooked on it. But in my opinion it was getting worse and worse.
    I'm not all that familiar how responsibilities or even the whole people behind the franchise changed during that time but I just assume some people left and others got power to decide that shouldn't.
    For me the quality has decreased dramatically and for some time I was just watching "because it was Stargate" and out of hope it might get back to what it once was.
    Watching other shows with incredible good writing doesn't help either. Just reminds me what SGA is lacking at the moment.

So unless they would get me hooked with some info about SGU that actually sounds interesting for me and/or the "new" show means some heads-rollin' in the franchise...
    I don't see why I should waste my time.

But that is just me.

Thanks for the Sig go to the talented Fainne
    Spoiler:
    Which Supernatural character are you? (I hate those things..but sadly it fits )
    You're John! You are skilled and smart, but world-weary and a little jaded. You're a serial monogamist, and you love hard. You can sometimes be a little too narrow-minded, and stubborn to a fault, but your heart is always in the right place.

The GateWorld Cantina - Kara : Runner gone Wraith gone Wraith Queen gone human barmaid

Airman

Nope I have no interest in watching Universe.

The only thing I'm watching on Sci-Fi these days is Lost and Atlantis. Eureka when its on.

I'm looking forward to the movies and I have my dvd's if I need a Stargate fix.

Otherwise, I just don't care anymore what they do.

If "Enemy at the Gate" marks the end of the show (discounting movies), then what? Will you give Universe a try, or will Stargate be over for you, aside from the occasional movie?
    What do you mean "What if"? It's not gonna be saved. Wake up to reality. Now move along. Nothing to see here.

Staff Sergeant

i dont think Universe will make it past season 3 or even make it past season 1
    BRING BACK SGA.. NEVER WATCHING SCI-FI OR SGU EVER

Lieutenant Colonel

Quote Originally Posted by Nusku View Post
    What do you mean "What if"? It's not gonna be saved. Wake up to reality. Now move along. Nothing to see here.
    Excuse me? That's why I started the thread. Back off.

Lieutenant General Pharaoh Atem's Avatar

i'll be watching the movie and sgu

I suppose I will watch it, but it will never be the same for me.

Quote Originally Posted by EdenSG View Post
    I liked SG-1 and I loved Atlantis.

The reasons I tuned into Atlantis to give it a try was because I really, really loved the premise;
    - the lost city of the Ancients that the premise of which had been introduced in several SG-1 stories
    - continuity with some interesting characters - Weir and McKay
    - I was always intrigued by the mythology of Atlantis in the real world and was intrigued to see the SG take on that

I don't plan to watch SGU because it seems so far removed from the very things I love about SG
    - less mythology
    - will be ship based, and even worse the ship is lost in space
    - more character/relationship based, which is not necessarily a bad thing but when I read descriptions such as ‘young and desperate’ crew and to take the place of BSG, it does not interest me or it is not to my taste
    - will be aimed for a new, younger audience
    - a cast of characters that, even if remotely similar to the cast as currently described will be terrible – and first and foremost about any show I have to like the characters

Now if TPTB can, by some miracle, manage to pull something out of their … hats and come up with something about the show that actually interests me I will watch, but right now, no.
    Took the words right out of my mouth! feel exactly the same!

<a href=http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6278/ironsig2.jpg target=_blank>http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6278/ironsig2.jpg</a>