No announcement yet.

The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's true. He is a man good at his job, that's for sure. His episodes are always bigger, better, and more interesting to look at. Not to say the other directors are bad... not at all
    sigpic
    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

CONGRATS ON 1100 LILIJ

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r View Post
        It's true. He is a man good at his job, that's for sure. His episodes are always bigger, better, and more interesting to look at. Not to say the other directors are bad... not at all
        Oh, I agree, I love the other directors, it's just that...

Martin's special
        Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic
        Letters to TPTB - The Martin Wood Thread - WooHoodStock Guide -S.H.I.P. Website

Comment

Originally posted by DutchIndeed View Post
          Yes. Mr. Wood is one great director. Really, his episodes always come out great. In fact, I dare to say that by letting Martin Wood direct an ep, guarantees a good one.

Ha.
          Yes. I don't know how, but he has a way with lightening setting stuff up the way it gets on tape...that you are just in awe! I love it. I mean you can write a great script and have great actors/actress but it still has to be good on tape...Martin assures us that that will happen
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
            CONGRATS ON 1100 LILIJ
            Thank you jumble! *hugs*
            ~Thanks to Achaja for my lovely birthday presents!!~

Comment

HOORAY! Great thread!

Here's a cartoon pic of everyone's favorite PTB!
              Director Martin Wood
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                HOORAY! Great thread!

Director Martin Wood
                WOW! A cartoon version of Martin!! That's awesome. I've not seen that one before. Whoever drew that is just amazing.
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

*pokes head in*
                  *waves*
                  Helloooo fellow Shippy Hippies!
                  Erm, yes, Woohoood!!!
                  *nods*
                  sigpic
                  Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                    Yes. I don't know how, but he has a way with lightening setting stuff up the way it gets on tape...that you are just in awe! I love it. I mean you can write a great script and have great actors/actress but it still has to be good on tape...Martin assures us that that will happen
                    *sigh* The lighting. Yup

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                    HOORAY! Great thread!

Director Martin Wood
                    Yeah, it's great! Devilish Me used it on my B-day present:

Being original is difficult when you can't stop quoting your favorite tv show, For crying out loud!

sigpic

Comment

Today's SG moment: I've been watching 'A Touch of Frost' so have been hearing 'Jack' frequently for the past couple of hours. And he just said 'Smoke and Mirrors', which to stay on topic is NOT directed by Martin

Comment

Well it's about time we had a MW thread. Green to you for starting it.

I love Martin for a number of reasons. He's cute, witty, talented, a bit of a shipper (as am I) and always tended to hilight my favourite actress, Amanda Tapping. My favourite commentaries are the combination of Martin and Amanda. Informative (without being dry and technical)and funny!

Anyone watching Sanctuary? Martin even had a "story by" credit (with Damien Kindler) for the last episode.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by jumble View Post
                          Today's SG moment: I've been watching 'A Touch of Frost' so have been hearing 'Jack' frequently for the past couple of hours. And he just said 'Smoke and Mirrors', which to stay on topic is NOT directed by Martin
                          Hehe... Stargate happens.

Talking about Martin, we should make a list of all SG/SGA eps he directed...
                          Mmm... Yeah. Anyone?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

I love Martin for a number of reasons. He's cute, witty, talented, a bit of a shipper (as am I) and always tended to hilight my favourite actress, Amanda Tapping. My favourite commentaries are the combination of Martin and Amanda. Informative (without being dry and technical)and funny!

Anyone watching Sanctuary? Martin even had a "story by" credit (with Damien Kindler) for the last episode.
                            That's true. Those two doing a commentary are good. I don't listen to them all, but I did listen to theirs.
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Brilliant idea! But not tonight I'll see what I can do tomorrow. I wood have thought there would be a list somewhere
                              Last edited by Jumble; 24 December 2008, 01:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post

Hey! Yeah, we were pretty surprised there wasn't a thread for Martin, already.

I'm with you, especially on the part of the MW/AT commentaries. They're great and very nice to listen to. In fact, I've been having a field day with the SGA S4 ones.

And I'm watching Sanctuary, it's an awesome show!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X