Page 4357 of 4359 FirstFirst ... 33573857425743074347435443554356435743584359 LastLast
Results 87,121 to 87,140 of 87177
    Air Force Chief of Staff Jumble's Avatar
    Trying to fill the gaping hole left by Athos

Default Re: The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Quote Originally Posted by llp View Post
    And the wearing of shorts!
    I think the wearing of shorts is pretty common amongst Canadian men - what makes Martin different is the wearing of them come rain, shine, or snow!!

So how is retirement treating you Jumble. I have never regretted retiring early. So much nicer then getting up every morning (way to early) and driving to and from work. Although I do miss the nice big paychecks!
    I'm still waking up ridiculously early and because of the heat I'm not getting back to sleep But I'm starting to get myself into a routine so I don't feel quite so lost Once the weather cools down I'll start reducing the jobs on my todo list - right now it's just way too hot - 36C yesterday

Artwork For All The MartinWooHoodStock Thread Sig and avi by Josiane - Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jumble View Post
    I think the wearing of shorts is pretty common amongst Canadian men - what makes Martin different is the wearing of them come rain, shine, or snow!!

I'm still waking up ridiculously early and because of the heat I'm not getting back to sleep But I'm starting to get myself into a routine so I don't feel quite so lost Once the weather cools down I'll start reducing the jobs on my todo list - right now it's just way too hot - 36C yesterday
    Yikes, that is like around 97°F = way too hot! Around 88 to 90° here which is also too hot, but I have a/c and it is in use! It is suppose to cool down to the high 70's low 80's the middle of next week. Just have to wait it out. Meanwhile, I do my grocery shopping around 9 am even before I eat. Otherwise, too hot to be outside. Of course a good portion of the west coast is on fire right now while the other end of the nation is flooded. Go figure! However, I can't have rain right now. Still trying to figure out how to fix my house before it sinks too much and the inside of my house starts to crack. Such fun.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32126&dateline=1361221980 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1361221980</a>

drinking hot chocolate with cinammon on top

Bleh I clicked the quotey things and nothing is showing up but I think it's easy enough to see who I'm quoting lol!

Martin has been doing a lot of stuff for the Hallmark channel lately, which is a shame from my point of view because I don't have Hallmark But it's good to know that he's still busy doing what he loves
    Ohhh is that a sky channel or is it on freeview? Does he still do any work with AT?

I haven't seen Wentworth, although I did watch the original Cell Block H that it's based on. So it's worth a watch it is?
    I've been really enjoying it - I haven't seen Cell Block H but I would like to if I can manage to find it. What I've heard from other fans is that it is very similar in some ways and very very different in others. I know some of the old cast/new cast did some convention stuff together which I thought was cool.

*munches on doughnuts*

I've just retired, so I have a lot of time to spend taking care of me for a change
    Gz on retirement

-

Yikes, that is like around 97°F = way too hot! Around 88 to 90° here which is also too hot, but I have a/c and it is in use! It is suppose to cool down to the high 70's low 80's the middle of next week. Just have to wait it out. Meanwhile, I do my grocery shopping around 9 am even before I eat. Otherwise, too hot to be outside.
    I am envious of your air con! I do not like the heat one bit, and am looking forward/eagerly awaiting autumn and winter

Of course a good portion of the west coast is on fire right now while the other end of the nation is flooded. Go figure! However, I can't have rain right now. Still trying to figure out how to fix my house before it sinks too much and the inside of my house starts to crack. Such fun.
    That's awful news, have the fires been put out? Is it wildfire? (Sorry I don't really keep up on the news). Hope your house gets sorted soon #sends supports

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ my fanfics ~ my twitter ~ teslen thread ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Quote Originally Posted by lastrequest View Post

I am envious of your air con! I do not like the heat one bit, and am looking forward/eagerly awaiting autumn and winter

That's awful news, have the fires been put out? Is it wildfire? (Sorry I don't really keep up on the news). Hope your house gets sorted soon #sends supports
    Sadly the wildfires are still spreading. California has been hit the worst. And the fires that they get these days are fire storms - brutal to say the least. The biggest one there is expected to go on for several more months. They are in desperate need of rain, but none coming in the foreseeable future.

And as for heat - the mid 70's is perfect - any higher and I don't like it either. Reason I moved to Washington state a little over 10 years ago. But looks like the weather is changing all over this country (and actually the entire world) and will be this way for the rest of my life most likely. But until the world does more then lip service to the changing atmosphere and pollution - there is not much change (but towards the worst end) in the foreseeable future. And when good changes happen - it will take some time for it to be seen or felt.
    <a href=http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=32126&dateline=1361221980 target=_blank>http://forum.gateworld.net/image.php...ine=1361221980</a>

Quote Originally Posted by llp View Post
    Yikes, that is like around 97°F = way too hot! Around 88 to 90° here which is also too hot, but I have a/c and it is in use! It is suppose to cool down to the high 70's low 80's the middle of next week. Just have to wait it out. Meanwhile, I do my grocery shopping around 9 am even before I eat. Otherwise, too hot to be outside. Of course a good portion of the west coast is on fire right now while the other end of the nation is flooded. Go figure! However, I can't have rain right now. Still trying to figure out how to fix my house before it sinks too much and the inside of my house starts to crack. Such fun.
    I thought the weather had broken with all the rain last week-end, but the temperature has been climbing all week and is in the high 20's again I have a/c on my bedroom, but it's really noisy

Quote Originally Posted by lastrequest View Post
    Bleh I clicked the quotey things and nothing is showing up but I think it's easy enough to see who I'm quoting lol!

Ohhh is that a sky channel or is it on freeview? Does he still do any work with AT?
    I don't know about Hallmark, only that I don't have it I'm not sure if he's worked with Amanda recently but they do see each other a lot socially.

I've been really enjoying it - I haven't seen Cell Block H but I would like to if I can manage to find it. What I've heard from other fans is that it is very similar in some ways and very very different in others. I know some of the old cast/new cast did some convention stuff together which I thought was cool.
    I'm surprised the original cast and crew are still around - Prisoner:CBH aired in the late 70's/early 80's in the UK
    Last edited by Jumble; August 3rd, 2018 at 06:33 AM.

Jumble - how is your solo hamster doing? Is she missing her friend?

BTW = we have had cooler weather for the third day now....but not going to last after that. Tomorrow in the mid 80's and then going warmer for the rest of next week! Hate the heat.

My solo guinea pig is doing ok - eating well and running around as usual - so *fingers crossed* she'll be alright on her own

It's still ridiculously hot here too and no let-up in the near future

Yesterday I finally got off my lazy retired butt and crossed off the first thing on my todo list! Totally emptied, cleaned and refilled my biggest aquarium

Last time it was completely re-done was when Nad helped me move it from the conservatory to the living room - looooong time ago

My solo guinea pig is doing ok - eating well and running around as usual - so *fingers crossed* she'll be alright on her own

It's still ridiculously hot here too and no let-up in the near future

Yesterday I finally got off my lazy retired butt and crossed off the first thing on my todo list! Totally emptied, cleaned and refilled my biggest aquarium

Last time it was completely re-done was when Nad helped me move it from the conservatory to the living room - looooong time ago

Hmmmm! I guess there is a difference between a guinea pig and a hamster?? Back to Biology classes for me! And it is turning hot here again as well. Going up to the low 90's (about 14 degrees warmer then normal) - I hate it. This is going to be the hottest summer on record for Washington at this rate.

Yeah for the fish! They probably like it that way! Since I don't go out much in this heat, I turn the A/C on and have done some housework like flipping mattresses (yuk), deep cleaning, etc. But still prefer to get it done before around 1 pm. Starts getting too hot and I can even feel it inside a little.
    Last edited by llp; August 6th, 2018 at 05:57 PM.

Yes, there is a big difference between a guinea pig and a hamster

This is probably the hottest summer on record here too The forecast is for it to cool down a bit towards the end of the week thank goodness! I had a dreadful night last night, didn't get to sleep until around 4 am Supposed to be even worse tonight, so I'll have to turn on the a/c and try to ignore the noise

By the way Laurie, you need to remove the img tags from your post where you've quoted me

Oops - Jumble they are now removed!

This is probably the hottest summer on record here too The forecast is for it to cool down a bit towards the end of the week thank goodness! I had a dreadful night last night, didn't get to sleep until around 4 am Supposed to be even worse tonight, so I'll have to turn on the a/c and try to ignore the noise
    Yeah, it's suppose to cool down here by next weekend as well - but it won't last long!

Thanks

We had some rain earlier so the air is feeling much fresher

Haven't done one of these in a long time............

Always nice to look at!

Had a really lovely birthday Very tasty lunch with a friend at The Wheatsheaf - the waitress overheard mention of it being my birthday and got me a very special dessert...............

*rushes in with cake and streamers and balloons*

Happy Birthday Jumble!!!

Glad you had such a lovely birthday lunch

Thanks Josi, and HUGE thanks for my lovely pressies!

I might just start a Muskies rewatch later..............

You’re welcome, Jumble Glad you like them!

I LOVE them! That wp looks amazing on my desktop! *happy dance*

Hi all, been a long time again. Sorry but life is busy.

Happy birthday Jumble!! Lovely to see your smiling face again!

Sorry a meet up didn't work for ATX but here's hoping we can try again at the net event in 2020!

I am heading to Gatecon next month so will get to see llp and Martin. llp, sorry to hear about your house woes, is it all due to lack of rain?

Hope all is well with everyone.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...aronbw_rev.jpg

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

*huggles EH-T* Good to see you!

Thank you

Yes, it was a shame we couldn't make it to ATX Hopefully we'll all be there in 2020 *fingers crossed*

Hope you have fun at Gatecon - give Martin my love and a hug if you get the chance

Page 4357 of 4359 FirstFirst ... 33573857425743074347435443554356435743584359 LastLast