The Martin WooHoodStock Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CALLING ALL WOOHOOS!!

The MartinWooHoodStock thread will soon be ten years old – hard to believe!

Lately the thread has been very quiet due to most of Martin’s WooHoos having moved on with their lives – getting boyfriends, getting engaged, building houses, getting married, having babies, travelling all over the world and generally getting on with happy lives – which is wonderful!

So I’m looking ahead to MartinMas 2018 and thinking this is likely to be the last one. That being the case, it wood be lovely if we could try to make it a really good one so we can go out with a BANG!!!

I’m proposing to start the MartinMas festivities on 22nd December and finishing on 2nd January – that will give us 17 weeks in which to squeeze in some PS-ing, GIMP-ing or whatever ‘ing’ we all do Woodn’t it be wonderful if everybody could produce just 12 pieces of art so we could make it a real WooHoo celebration? Little tip: what I usually do is produce something for Day 1, save it in layers, then use that as a template for the other 11 days, just changing the picture, the number and maybe a different texture or colour – easy right? And there is no specific ‘theme’ this time and Martin doesn’t have to appear in every piece – just go with whatever you feel

Please make your arties 680 x 383px and also put your name on - thanks!

So in a nutshell – probably the last Martinmas; long enough away to allow us all to (hopefully) find some time to make stuff; keep it simple! And if you are not going to be able to be around GW to post your art just pm it to me and I will be very happy post it all for you

Thanks
    Last edited by Jumble; 28 September 2018, 06:41 AM.

Comment

Sound like a great plan!
      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

*huggles Pol*

I'm hoping everyone will think so and will help make it happen

Comment

It is a great plan! Looking forward to one last big Martinmas celebration with Woohoos old and new Love you all! *huggles*
          sigpic
          Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

Well so far the house has cost me close to $4000. I have my new water heater installed so I am back home again. However I still have the dining room, my second bathroom and my service porch totally torn up. Tomorrow I am in search of someone to put them back together. The floor (under the linoleum) will have to be replaced in the service porch. Walls in the other rooms. My back door - have no idea yet what to do with that yet. But being home is so much better. Although I will have to do my laundry somewhere other then my home, because the washer and dryer are in my dining room right now. Figure I still have a few more weeks like this. They took away several soaked and now moldy throw rugs. However, my biggest concern - my mother's beautiful 9' x 12' Chinese rug. It was soaked and strained. Hoping they can get it back to normal. That rug means so much to me because my Mom loved it so much. It is worth several thousand dollars but money is not what I want. I want that carpet back in the dining room as beautiful as ever and without water stains or mold. But, I really think they won't be able to do that. Only time will tell.
            sigpic

Comment

Oh Laurie, I'm so sorry you've had all this stuff to deal with I hope it all gets sorted soon and that you can get your mother's rug restored to it's former glory *sends lots of hugs and get-luckier vibes*

Comment

Originally posted by Jumble View Post
                Oh Laurie, I'm so sorry you've had all this stuff to deal with I hope it all gets sorted soon and that you can get your mother's rug restored to it's former glory *sends lots of hugs and get-luckier vibes*
                Thanks Jumble, appreciate that. They are still drying out the dining room and back room - that will go on until Monday. After that it is up to me to find the people to replace everything. I would really like to put in some Pergo (manufactured wood) floors but after spending all that money I don't have the "extra" I would need. Plus I would have to include three bedrooms, living room and hallway. All my money went to keeping what I have left (in the from of water) from running down the sewers. So I guess on Monday after they remove all the dryers - I am out to look at more linoleum.
                sigpic

Comment

You surely must be at the end of that awful run of bad luck now Laurie - hopefully things will improve from now on *hugs*

From Twitter click here to see vid

And the winner is.................

Comment

You surely must be at the end of that awful run of bad luck now Laurie - hopefully things will improve from now on *hugs*
                    Sadly it wasn't. The person that put the water heater in didn't bother to check the valves and one was slightly open. His excuse, they always close them at the manufacturer. Yeah and you never ever check. Oh brother. Anyhow, more flood when I took a shower that night, had no idea. Wash my hair and all and dried it and then went to bed. Next morning - the flood had made its way into the dining room. So called insurance, ended up with another call number on this one, and went through the drying process all over again for about 7 days more. Now I'm finally in the process of finding people to put new walls in (to replace what they tore out) and new flooring for not only the back room and dining room but now also the kitchen and pantry since they are all tied into the same floor. (Open concept!) So I had someone out yesterday to measure floors. Tomorrow someone is coming to price new walls (which is the first thing to do). And it continues......

(Liked the arm wrestling video - either Martin is really strong or Peter is a wimp or both!
                    sigpic

Comment

Blimey! That's moe than enough trouble for one year

(Martin is indeed very strong!)

Comment

Blimey! That's more than enough trouble for one year

(Martin is indeed very strong!)
                        And it continues with a 3+ hour trip to the laundromat to wash clothes. I do have a washer and dryer but currently they are sitting in the dining room looking useless! Probably have to make that trip at least one more time as well. Now I am just plain tired of it all! And it continues.......
                        sigpic

Comment

*sends more hugs with commiserations added*

I really hope you'll be free of all this stuff soon!

Comment

Keeping this visible in the hope that it'll generate some interest

CALLING ALL WOOHOOS!!

The MartinWooHoodStock thread will soon be ten years old – hard to believe!

Lately the thread has been very quiet due to most of Martin’s WooHoos having moved on with their lives – getting boyfriends, getting engaged, building houses, getting married, having babies, travelling all over the world and generally getting on with happy lives – which is wonderful!

So I’m looking ahead to MartinMas 2018 and thinking this is likely to be the last one. That being the case, it wood be lovely if we could try to make it a really good one so we can go out with a BANG!!!

I’m proposing to start the MartinMas festivities on 22nd December and finishing on 2nd January – that will give us 12 weeks in which to squeeze in some PS-ing, GIMP-ing or whatever ‘ing’ we all do Woodn’t it be wonderful if everybody could produce just 12 pieces of art so we could make it a real WooHoo celebration? Little tip: what I usually do is produce something for Day 1, save it in layers, then use that as a template for the other 11 days, just changing the picture, the number and maybe a different texture or colour – easy right? And there is no specific ‘theme’ this time and Martin doesn’t have to appear in every piece – just go with whatever you feel

Please make your arties 680 x 383px and also put your name on - thanks!

So in a nutshell – probably the last Martinmas; long enough away to allow us all to (hopefully) find some time to make stuff; keep it simple! And if you are not going to be able to be around GW to post your art just pm it to me and I will be very happy post it all for you

Thanks

Comment

Looking forward to the big anniversary Martinmas celebrations! Hoping we'll see lots of Woohoos back posting here
                              sigpic
                              Artwork for All | Sig & avi by JadedWraith

Comment

I hope so too

So this is what greeted me at the gym this morning - the top 'losers' leader board for September..............

Feeling very smug

Comment

Working...
                                X