Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teyla - pushed to the back of the bus

So Keller can sit in front.
    It's become fairly obvious by now (IMHO) that Teyla has been replaced by Keller as the leading lady of Atlantis. The stories have featured her quite heavily and here, after a promising start in this episode, Teyla has been relegated to the role of babysitter.
    Do you think this is a good idea for the show?
    It saddens me, but makes it easier to break away from my Atlantis "addiction" (Brad Wright take note - not Stargate addiction) as my first love was the team.
    Also, although I doubt it was completely a conscious decision, has anyone thought about how, as the show has evolved, it becomes increasingly dominated by white, American characters? It becomes more bland as time goes on. The traditional power dynamics and stereotypes predominate. (And I'm a white girl from the USA who is very reluctant to even bring this up...)

I agree it's blatantly obvious what they're doing......Keller has taken over as leading lady and Teyla has been reduced background character

It sure does make it alot easier to let go of SGA now because i'm almost at the point of not even wanting to watch the rest of the season!
    sigpic

Comment

It is so sad about Teyla......Has she had more than 10 lines all season excpet for The Queen?? And at the beginning it was all about Kanaan and their baby....and now nothing???
      sigpic

Comment

And the worse part is...It's just gonna get worse here on in...Most of the eps appear to be all about Keller and
        Spoiler:
        McKeller
        so they'll be no Teyla whatsoever by the looks of it...And if there is she'll only be standing in the background as usual....

I think she should go with Kannan and leave Atlantis to rejoin her people and Ronon should go with her!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Repli!kat View Post
          Do you think this is a good idea for the show?
          No it is not a good idea IMO. The lack of Teyla and amount of Keller is affecting my enjoyment of the episodes.
          What we do in life echoes in eternity - Gladiator vghUp the Blades!

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
            And the worse part is...It's just gonna get worse here on in...Most of the eps appear to be all about Keller and
            Spoiler:
            McKeller
            so they'll be no Teyla whatsoever by the looks of it...And if there is she'll only be standing in the background as usual....

I think she should go with Kannan and leave Atlantis to rejoin her people and Ronon should go with her!
            yes! and Atlantis should be destroyed by an asteroid or by the Wraith. That would be nice ending for this misery
            Stolen Kosovo
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
              yes! and Atlantis should be destroyed by an asteroid or by the Wraith. That would be nice ending for this misery
              As long as everyone one of them dies so none of them can come back in SGU as guest characters
              sigpic

Comment

Other than her Wraith DNA...Teyla is about usless.

Comment

As long as everyone one of them dies so none of them can come back in SGU as guest characters
                  indeed. Perfect ending
                  Stolen Kosovo
                  sigpic

Comment

I wonder if this was all a set up for next season, or something. Remember, Teyla had a huge taste of power as Queen of the Wraith. But now? Now she's forced to take a 'back seat' to the rest of the team, and she does seem a bit miffed about it. If a 6th season had come to fruition, I would have LOVED to see Teyla abandon the team and take her place as Wraith queen against them. It would have been a great plot twist, one we really wouldn't have seen coming!

Of course, Todd wouldn't be too happy about it...

das
                    sigpic

Comment

When Shep told her to stay on Atlantis she looked very pissed about it....I think it's about time she thought about leaving Atlantis and Ronon going with her!
                      sigpic

Comment

When Shep told her to stay on Atlantis she looked very pissed about it....I think it's about time she thought about leaving Atlantis and Ronon going with her!

Or...Todd.

das
                        sigpic

Comment

Teyla is a wonderful character but the ptb obviously have no idea now what to do with her.. I guess they prefer giving us Keller so they can change her hair style in every scene and have her learn a new skill each week that will entrall us, oh and to be the centre of attention in a love triangle.

Teyla is now a mommy and therefore can't be seen to do any flirting or showing any skin., what happend to all her Athosian outfits. I wondered how the Athosians coped when they were living on Athos and were under constant threat of Wraith attacks, and lived in all sorts of danger.. and whilst Teyla was pregnant she said that things didn't really change during pregnancy and I would assume after the baby is born as well...

But the ptb showed Teyla battling with her decision to rejoin the team eventhough she already said that nothing changed in the Athosian community during pregnancy... but the ptb seem to be using this now to tuck Teyla away.. can't keep putting her in danger.. hell I'm surprised they even gave her the Queen episode.

So now that Teyla has to think of her son first and keep out of harms way, though the writers love us to believe they are leaving her behind so she can take care of Atlantis..oh yeah.. where was Lorne.. so they can give Keller all of Teyla's scenes now.... fighting with bantos, using a PD90, hand to hand combat, so yeah who needs Teyla a strong realistic capable character when we can have wonder Keller...
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow if your from the US that statement is cold. Never tell someone with dark skin to get in the back of the bus.

Comment

hi hi, my 1st post
                              long time reader, I usually come here to read after each ep of SG-1 or SG:A airs
                              I live in australia and the airing dates and times are messed up, like season 10 sg-1 didnt' air till like a year later here and when it did it was at like 11pm O.o so i started downloading sg-1 from season 8 and sg:a from season 1, cause i can't wait to watch it, nor can i stay up so late to watch it
                              but i own the big huge box set of all 10 seasons of SG-1
                              I finally decided it was time to sign up and start posting on wat i read here every week

Anyways, in my opinion, she just had a baby in real life and maybe her role was reduced on purpose so she can spend time with her family ?
                              and if they didnt have keller story lines O.o
                              it'll b just all guy story lines wouldn't it ?
                              no more weir, no more carter... less teyler ... no 1 left but keller
                              the rest are mainly males O.o john.... ronan, mckay, woolsey
                              so wat can they do?

Comment

Working...
                              X