Atlantis Makes SG-1 Retarded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
    Do you expect these Asgard to take Daniel's word at face value? How would you feel if you were from an advanced species, learned that the others of your kind were killed and then that a band of humans apparently have Asgard technology? The Asgard leader already stated that he thought maybe the humans had something to do with the demise of the other Asgard.
    The ship naming thing was kind of a joke.

But as far as the Ida/Intergalactic Hyperdrives part, they'd have every reason to believe him. Since he knew what an Asgard was, it's no big leap to believe that he knows where Ida is.

Him knowing the Asgard High Council also indicates that he's been to the Milky Way and/or Ida, so again, not a big jump to say he has access to an intergalactic ship (not to mention the fact that he was found on a giant intergalactic ship).
    sigpic
    "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
    ~David Hewlett

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
      Lost Asgard: Oh yea will you let us continue our experiments on your kind?

: No.

Lost Asgard: Then no thanks well fight it out here.
      Earth could provide volunteers if the experiments were non lethal. The Tau'ri have struck far more morally ambiguous deals with the Wraith, per example.

No harm done in helping the last of the Asgard, as they helped us. Thor would appreciate it
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sblade View Post
        Earth could provide volunteers if the experiments were non lethal.
        You volunteer first! I ain't trusting those shifty suckers! They've already proven they don't mind busting a cap in innocents.
        “When you die, if you get a choice between going to regular heaven or pie heaven, choose pie heaven. It might be a trick, but if it's not, mmmmmmmm, boy.”
        ~ Jack Hardy

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
          Do you expect these Asgard to take Daniel's word at face value? How would you feel if you were from an advanced species, learned that the others of your kind were killed and then that a band of humans apparently have Asgard technology? The Asgard leader already stated that he thought maybe the humans had something to do with the demise of the other Asgard.

You scan the Dedy, see the Asgard hyperdrive signature,asgard beaming tech, the plasma weapons and the latest modifications and you ask yourself ...maybe this guy is telling the truth? I mean, our ethical bros would never entrust anyone with these things unless....

For me, the suits were empty. They could have used any other new race but they chose the SG1 rehash story with LOKI's followers. Why did they do that? To show the fans they care and they can always bring back the Asgard....
          They don't care how they brought them back...all they care is that they brought them back.

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post

For me, the suits were empty. They could have used any other new race but they chose the SG1 rehash story with LOKI's followers. Why did they do that? To show the fans they care and they can always bring back the Asgard....
            They don't care how they brought them back...all they care is that they brought them back.
            I was thinking the same. It seems any other alien race could fit in those suits, because nothing was typical of the Asgard in their behaviour, and at the last minute, they decided to replace those new aliens by some Asgard..

I imagine near the end of the writing, someone joked saying "why wouldn't the aliens be Furlings? " then someone said "No, remember, we swore never to show them".... "Ah, then why not, huh, ... Asgard? we already got a prop model, and fans of SG1 would be pleased"... "Yes! good idea! you have 5 minutes to write down a reason for them to be in this galaxy."

Comment

Remember, the asgard in pegasus believe that the ends justify the means. This is basically saying, no matter what they do, even killing billions, is justified by the fact they are killing the wraith and making life easy for them again.

i agree with them on some level, it is a very effective way of extermanating the wraith, but the collateral damage is way too high. the asgard in PG are not evil, so to speak, they just have a different frame of mind to us and the MW asgard.

A solution to that is we could have asked them to live on atlantis with us, i dont see reason why not, as long as they dont experiment on us

-DH

Sig by Draygon.

Comment

Originally posted by Dragon_Heart View Post
                A solution to that is we could have asked them to live on atlantis with us, i dont see reason why not, as long as they dont experiment on us

-DH
                Problem is, they'll still want to experiment on someone. So are we willing to let them leave Atlantis whenever they want to knowing they're leaving to experiment on someone? I think not.
                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X