Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Stargate A fourth person for the team

The SPOILERS say that SG-1 will likely become a 3-person team with Carter in command. I wish that TPTB would consider adding a new, young Lieutenant to the team, so we can watch their development throughout the season. It could be the catalyst to making Stargate SG-1 more of a fluid show, allowing characters come and go, without having to cancel it.

This formula works well with shows like "Law & Order" and "ER" and I see no reason why it couldn't work for SG-1. In real life military teams change...there's no reason to believe they can't make that work for SG-1. It worked with Jonas.

Of course we'll miss the old characters, but, assuming they're not killed off, there is hope to see them again. If the show is cancelled, we never will. I doubt it will happen, so all our hope now lies with Atlantis.

Lieutenant Colonel Elwe Singollo's Avatar

Default Re: A fourth person for the team *SPOILERS*

I really think Jonas should come back, i totally miss his character. I want to see more Daniel and Jonas scenes!

Re: A fourth person for the team *SPOILERS*

Jonas's return would be awesome! But I can't think of any good reason they could come up with to bring him back.

Nox Envoy
    (Moderator)

I like the idea of placing a new young officer with SG1.How about Satterfield,
    Grogan or Hailey?They've got the prev background onscreen in "Proving Ground",to explain their transferral.

Another way to make up the 4 ,might be to send another existing character,such as Dr. Lee,or Major Davis?

I wonder if the reason behind the PTB seemingly leaving SG1 as a 3 man team,is to let O'Neill go off-world whenever necessary?

Personally,I'd much prefer him to be SGC- based,like Gen. Hammond,as I can't see Carter getting full command with him around to Second-Guess any of her decisions!

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tyler
    Jonas's return would be awesome! But I can't think of any good reason they could come up with to bring him back.
    Personal reasons. I figure he'll want to get away from Kelowna at some point, since his girlfriend was a Goa'uld and there's every chance the host won't ever want to see him again.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Quote Originally Posted by Major Tyler
    Well, the writers are creative, haha... If Jonas does return, it better be Cormic Nemec, not a different actor.

Gah, it would have been interesting if the writers found a way to keep Jonas in SG-1, instead of making him go back to his planet.

That would be great if Jonas returned. If he did return, yes it would be interesting to see the approach upon how he made it back

Second Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by Anubis
    That would be great if Jonas returned. If he did return, yes it would be interesting to see the approach upon how he made it back
    Especially since he has a hot chick back on his own planet now...

I am still dissapointed that Cormic Nemec didn't stay longer !

Add Maybourne to SG-1!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlor
    Add Maybourne to SG-1!
    Don't be silly; Maybourne's a Tok'ra!

JM and PM once said in an interview that they originally considered adding a fourth member, but the only thing he would be doing is standing in the background. So they shelved the idea, and considered sometimes adding a fourth person when the situation requires it. But the way the stories are evolving, that won't be necessary much.

I heatily agree that Jonas coming back would make the show 100% more watchable.

1. We'd have another character to take our eyes and minds off the fact that Season 8 will be Jack-Lite-Lite.

2. More Jonas/Daniel scenes.

3. Teal'c will actually have lines beyond "Indeed" again, just like he had in Season 6 where he said more in one episode than the entire Season 5.

Personally I don't actually want Jonas back full time. I'm thinking more of a "And Corin Nemec as Jonas Quinn" style roll like Teryl used to have. I think if they're again building to a movie, maybe having him come back for the last quarter of the Season would be good, so there can be a legitimate reason for him being in the movie.

Say, out of the 20 episodes in Season 8, 5 of them had Jonas in them. Episode 8X16 would be about Jonas, and why he comes back. 8X17 would just have him there, back in his rightful place in SG-1. 8X18 would have a sub-plot for him of some sort (a B plot). 8X19 and 8X20 would be the final SG-1 two-parter, with Jonas as heavily involved as the other characters, all leading to the movie.

And it's about this point I stop taking these wonderful drugs I'm on, as I know that'll never happen...

BYE
    "Your Star burns! I require frozen treats!" - Tycho Brahe

"I don't like even!" - Acastus Kolya, 1X10 'The Storm'

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaBlu
    2. More Jonas/Daniel scenes.
    And don't forget Jonas/Sam. I loved the Jonas and Sam dynamic.

i would have liked a fourth member, like the man said to make it more fluidic, hay if by some miricle there is an s9 they might add one before the end of s8

What I'd heard was that they were going to have a new Colnel to start with but Jack and he didn't get on and new team didn't gel. As a result - Jack decides not to bother with a new CO and just have Sam promoted to LT Col.

Personally I don't actually want Jonas back full time. I'm thinking more of a "And Corin Nemec as Jonas Quinn" style roll like Teryl used to have. I think if they're again building to a movie, maybe having him come back for the last quarter of the Season would be good, so there can be a legitimate reason for him being in the movie.
    I agree. A recurring character role (say 6 episodes or so) would work, they could develop a story arc that utilized his personal arc introduced in Metamorphosis or introduce a completely new arc that might tie into a future movie. Bringing him back to be a regular on SG-1 probably isn't feasible at this point, if nothing else because they're already crunched on the budget anyway.

And it's about this point I stop taking these wonderful drugs I'm on, as I know that'll never happen...
    Nope, I think the recurring character idea is DOA. Corin has made a couple of recent appearances at cons and he's had no contact with TPTB. Of course they're still planning for the last half of the season so there's still time for a guest shot or two.
    http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...d_smallest.jpgLife is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Quote Originally Posted by Kes
    Of course they're still planning for the last half of the season so there's still time for a guest shot or two.
    Yeah, right. And I'll be appearing as the goa'uld Ma'at.

It ain't gonna happen.

Intergalactic Hussy
    (Moderator Emeritus)
    I don't know but the view sure looks nice

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowMaat
    Yeah, right. And I'll be appearing as the goa'uld Ma'at.

It ain't gonna happen.

O.k. but if they do bring Jonas back in the second half of the season I want to see a picture of you in full Gou'ald get up posted here along with the name of the episode that you'll be appearing in.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast