Helen Magnus/Will Zimmerman Ship & Friendship Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Helen Magnus/Will Zimmerman Ship & Friendship Discussion/Appreciation

Watching the first eps and seeing the Webisodes i wounder how there freindship will further develop and if it could go further , i love seeing how well Helen and Will work together in the piot episode . .
    Last edited by helenmagnus23; 07 October 2008, 08:28 PM.
    sigpic
    (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
    Watching the first eps and seeing the Webisodes i wounder how there freindship will further develop and if it could go further , i love seeing how well Helen and Will work together in the piot episode . .
    i'm going to spoiler this, because i'm going to talk about 'sanctuary for all' premier ep -

Spoiler:
    i'm not attracted to seeing them as a shippy couple, because, mainly, i think will looks much too young. but since i saw that helen knew him/held him as a child, i REALLY don't like the idea of shipping them.

but things can always change.
    sally

sigpic

Comment

I agree with majorsal.

I'd much rather see Will/Ashley than Will/Helen.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
      Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Yeah, tbh i sensed more of a ship between Will and Ashley. It's just a vibe I picked up.

Comment

I think Helen and Will will be working together a lot and we shall see this duo more than any other on the show... just a feeling I get after listening to Robin Dunne's (Will) interview yesterday. I think both were a part of society at one time in their lives and events caused them to see the world around them differently. Will has been ridiculed and thought to be an outsider since he was a child. Even his own girlfriend didn't side with him. Helen was much the same way growing up, if they hold true to the webisodes. So they do have a lot in common. spoiler from webisodes
          Spoiler:
          Helen grew up watching her father a well respected doctor and member of society become ostracized from the world around them. As a young adult she tried to get into medical school and was denied just because of who her father was. She had to decide to either try and fit into society which meant distancing herself from her father or embrace his world of abnormals knowing society would never accept her back. That's pretty much the decision Will has to make right now. No one knows that price of entering the world of abnomrals better than Helen.
          These two character have a lot of similarities. I think a strong friendship will be developed between them.
          Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 08 October 2008, 08:54 AM.

Comment

I think there is going to be a little romance between the two of them because:

http://video.google.de/videoplay?doc...anctuary&vt=lf

0:21sec.

don`t watch if you don't want to get spoilt ...
            SANCTUARY ROCKS

Comment

Originally posted by sweetviviane View Post

Spoiler:
              That could just be them talking.

Gate Rider AKA Abnormal on the Sanctuary fan forums.
              Fencers of GW Unite!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan View Post
                I think Helen and Will will be working together a lot and we shall see this duo more than any other on the show... just a feeling I get after listening to Robin Dunne's (Will) interview yesterday. I think both were a part of society at one time in their lives and events caused them to see the world around them differently. Will has been ridiculed and thought to be an outsider since he was a child. Even his own girlfriend didn't side with him. Helen was much the same way growing up, if they hold true to the webisodes. So they do have a lot in common. spoiler from webisodes
                Spoiler:
                Helen grew up watching her father a well respected doctor and member of society become ostracized from the world around them. As a young adult she tried to get into medical school and was denied just because of who her father was. She had to decide to either try and fit into society which meant distancing herself from her father or embrace his world of abnormals knowing society would never accept her back. That's pretty much the decision Will has to make right now. No one knows that price of entering the world of abnomrals better than Helen.
                These two character have a lot of similarities. I think a strong friendship will be developed between them.
                I agree plus the fact that Will
                Spoiler:
                just found out Helen was responsible for saving him as a child after the attack in which his mother was killed. He is not sure about anything anymore is whole world and belief system is turned upside down right now. I believe they are alot alike which is a shame they had to change Will's story and make Helen into a mother figure for him IMHO it ruined any chances for ship between the two characters. It will be interesting to see as the series develops and next season how they interact. The age thing didn't really bother me since anyone Helen would choose romantically would be younger than her no matter their age but with the new backstory and Helen's involvement I see close friendship rather than romance for these two which is a shame given the awesome rooftop scene in the pilot episode pure magic.
                sigpic
                Thanks to lil ferrett for the picture

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey View Post
                  Yeah, tbh i sensed more of a ship between Will and Ashley. It's just a vibe I picked up.
                  Yeah i piced that up in the webisodes.. I'm thinking that there is some feelings still hidden underneath her demener for John but...

Originally posted by sweetviviane View Post

Spoiler:
                  Tru, it could also be them jsut talking or whatnot.

Helen Seems to me to be a kinda 'inyourface' type character when she like angry, she'll get up close and personal jsut to prove that point is right.. etc etc.[/QUOTE]
                  Thanks to Nad for my awesome sig!
                  Proud member of the SSHSOP, S.H.I.P and MOP!

Comment

i'd rather not see any thank you very much

like sal said, it's creepy because she knew him as a kid,

honestly? i don't even want will/ashley
                    Just let there be a show and don't bog it down with ship and romance.

One thing i hope does change between will and helen is the 'helen is right' attitude.

I know that it's early in the show and really too early to judge, however, the 'moral will who's ultimately wrong' and 'fluidly moral helen who's usually right' will get really old, really fast.

both of them need to be right part of the time, both of them need to be wrong part of the time, and we need situations where neither is totally right or wrong.

she is mentoring him, but i think she can learn from him as well. see things from the outside and a different point of view. she's so used to living in and around the abbys that she doesn't see how strange they really are. which means she might be too comfortable around them - or some of them.

in fata, we saw that at least one of them has 'free run' of the sanctuary. which means that, theoretically, her house is full of abbys...which means one of them could abuse that trust and she might not even know it.

It also means, if they choose to do that, they could lead to druitt or someone compromising one of them and the show could create a cast of supporting characters, which i think could only enrich the show
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I don't see Helen as a mother figure to Will. I don't think Will or Helen view it that way either.

They both remembered Helen saving Will that night and how heroic his mother had been. However, I don't think she will always see Will as that kid. She didn't raise him. He isn't there because she saved him. That happened 20 something years ago. He is there because of what he does for a living and his own fascination with the oddities he see's and can't explain in his world. I think she see's him as an adult. Will is in his 30's. Otherwise, she would never take him seriously. If she thought him too young to have an opinion, then he wouldn't be there. I think for their working relationship she has to view him as a responsible working adult that has the knowledge and ability to do the work. She can't think well 20 years ago I saved him from a monster. No she has to acknowledge what he has done with the FBI and the fact that he is also a doctor. She is trusting him with the care of her patients. I think she has to view him as a colleague.

She proved she would listen to Will (Fata Morgana episode)
                      Spoiler:
                      with the witches, but her first priority is in keeping her patients safe. That's why she over ruled him and sedated the witches. I do think once he get's comfortable with the abnormal world and doesn't think every patient is crazy when they describe something odd, he and Helen will be on a more even playing field.
                      I can see these two clashing at times. I think seeing them work together will be fun.
                      Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 13 October 2008, 11:21 AM.

Comment

i want them to clash, they need to clash...or it's gonna be boring

what i hope happens is that it's not always 'jack wants to shoot, daniel wants to talk'....don't fall into a pattern. let neither of them be always right or always wrong.

I hope it's a relatively even back and forth, with both learning from each other

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

what i hope happens is that it's not always 'jack wants to shoot, daniel wants to talk'....don't fall into a pattern. let neither of them be always right or always wrong.

I hope it's a relatively even back and forth, with both learning from each other
                          I agree, and I think we've already seen a bit of that in Fata Morgana, with Will questioning Helen's decision to sedate the witches and Helen not really having a good reply for him. I think he made her question how 'right' it was for her to keep them sedated without really having a plan for what to do with them.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post

<<fingers crossed>> that they don't take the easy way out. Only time will tell, but...

I raelly hope me remains a protege who learns from her. But can also teach her. I know in an interview someone said she chooses him because he fills in her weak points.

suse
                            sigpic
                            Mourning Sanctuary.
                            Thanks for the good times!

Comment

yeah, and that's what i'd love to see, both learning from each other

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X